Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 10:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,269 times

Advertisements

I wish they would just renovate the old pink cottages and sell them individually. I grew up there as kid in the 70's on summer vacations. I hate to see all this demolition and upscale housing, etc... It's all about money. Sad, Sad, Sad. I thought of going back this summer but can't even find anything about it. Makes me want to cry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 04:51 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
and he was THAT.....

just did a google search to see if there were any updates .... and of course not, BUT, I did find my mom's old house.... has been COMPLETELY redone (i'm sure THAT was a LOT of work) and is now a rental.......

SeaGun Photo Gallary3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancys897 View Post
I wish they would just renovate the old pink cottages and sell them individually. I grew up there as kid in the 70's on summer vacations. I hate to see all this demolition and upscale housing, etc... It's all about money. Sad, Sad, Sad. I thought of going back this summer but can't even find anything about it. Makes me want to cry.
the cottages WERE sold individually .... YEARS AND YEARS ago..... my mom bought one in about 1982 and owned it until we had to sell it around 1999 or 2000 ..... for a song, sadly, but no choice there......

looks like some of the cottages are for rent .... click on the link in my post above.... you could wind up in our old one......

Old 07-28-2012, 12:05 PM

2 posts, read 22,128 times
I found this forum when I googled Sea Gun cottages, with which I was unfamiliar. Two of the cottages are now on Trulia.com for sale, at $150,000 each, for about 700-721 square feet. One entry bragged that it had "original Sea Gun" furniture. That whole area is changing--I have heard they will move the convenience store--because a new bridge is being built, next to the older one. Rockport had some serious real estate issues after the 2008 crash, but things are rebounding. There is a multi-million-dollar development on Lamar called Boardwalk on the Bay, which is prime bayfrony. Already several 750K houses there. You guys should check out the area now! Thanks for the great stories from the past.

Old 07-29-2012, 01:44 PM

wow ... listing prices have gone waaaaaayyy up in 12 years....

i only saw #152 listed on Trulia.... could not find another cottage listed??

Old 08-05-2012, 11:59 AM

2 posts, read 1,816 times
We rent one of the cottages there at least once a year for the last 10 years. So many changes have been made in that time. The hotel was demolished along with the resturant. There is still a small building located up front by Hwy 35.
Across the caseway they have built a very nice boat launch, as well as expanding the caseway. It should be completed by 2015. My family looks forward to spending our "family vacations" there. My 6yr old calls the pink cottages "his vacation house". I would really love to purchase the one we stay at or any other one, but no one is willing to sell.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:07 PM

1 posts, read 914 times
Hi y'all, after returning home from a weekend at the coast and talking to my family about my heritage, we began to google my father, and I was so excited to see wonderful comments about the Whooping Crane. This is Patricia Brown, Captain Brownie's daughter. It's so nice to see the memories everyone has of my father, his boat, and Hardhead and Shad. His memory lives on.

Old 09-06-2012, 12:50 PM

my brother called me from there a couple of weeks ago ... he was on his way back to Houston from C.C. and detoured over to see the old place.... still in a terrible state of deterioration... the marina and restaurant buildings are gone and i think he said the office building is gone, too......

so very sad and i don't see anything happening there until the economy gets a little more right.....

and yes Pat, I think most of us have very fond memories of your dad and his cats......

Old 09-20-2012, 09:03 PM

2 posts, read 1,816 times
Does anyone have pictures of the "original" furniture?? My husband and I purchased the cottage with what they say is the original seagun furniture. We do not know if it has been painted or is it originally white in color with blue and yellow vinyl cushions. We have kitchen table/chiar set, 2 lounge chair and 1 bench style.

Old 11-09-2015, 07:02 AM

3 posts, read 1,896 times
I'm wondering about whether the original Sea-Gun logo is in public domain. I have some original matchbooks from the place and I'd like to to increase the size of the image and get some t-shirts made for myself and anyone else that might be interested. I spent many wonderful vacations there as a kid and Sea-Gun Inn has a special place in my memory banks. Also, if anyone has any memorabilia from the old place, I'm very interested. Things rarely come up on auction sites. Thanks in advance! -Dan

Old 11-10-2015, 10:00 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,068,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SampeckDan View Post
I'm wondering about whether the original Sea-Gun logo is in public domain. I have some original matchbooks from the place and I'd like to to increase the size of the image and get some t-shirts made for myself and anyone else that might be interested. I spent many wonderful vacations there as a kid and Sea-Gun Inn has a special place in my memory banks. Also, if anyone has any memorabilia from the old place, I'm very interested. Things rarely come up on auction sites. Thanks in advance! -Dan
A lot of people from the Rockport area frequent the Corpus Christi forum. You may get more responses there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas