Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2023, 12:20 PM

6,498 posts, read 7,525,332 times

Advertisements

True, but gun newbies in my opinion would be more likely to purchase a firearm from a big box store as they may be in the store for an entirely different reason, get curious and walk over to the gun counter and start talking to the clerks.

A gun shop is a little more intimidating for a newbie.

One day, Bucees will sell firearms. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2023, 01:43 PM

4,502 posts, read 4,607,884 times
Everything I ever had to eat at Buc-ee's has been really good and tasty. I live about 35 minutes from 2 of them. Bastrop and New Braunfels. As for size, the one in Bastrop is underwhelming compared to the one in New Braunfels. Every now and then I'll get hungry and drive to the Buc-ee's in New Braunfels for a frito pie burito or a chopped BBQ sandwich and homemade potato chips, a mug full of sweet peach soda fountain drink, and take home about a half pound of homemade fudge of various flavors. The only thing I don't like about Buc-ee's is they don't have a place to sit down and eat inside or outside the building. My guess is they wanna get the customers in and out as quickly as possible instead of hanging around making the store even more crowded.

Old 01-26-2023, 08:41 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,972,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
Everything I ever had to eat at Buc-ee's has been really good and tasty. I live about 35 minutes from 2 of them. Bastrop and New Braunfels. As for size, the one in Bastrop is underwhelming compared to the one in New Braunfels. Every now and then I'll get hungry and drive to the Buc-ee's in New Braunfels for a frito pie burito or a chopped BBQ sandwich and homemade potato chips, a mug full of sweet peach soda fountain drink, and take home about a half pound of homemade fudge of various flavors. The only thing I don't like about Buc-ee's is they don't have a place to sit down and eat inside or outside the building. My guess is they wanna get the customers in and out as quickly as possible instead of hanging around making the store even more crowded.
some people would never leave bucees if they had seating areas lol. what bucees should do though is add some dog parks to their land like Love's does for those traveling with animals. Loves does this but their dog parks are trash (both figuratively and literally).

Old 01-26-2023, 09:39 AM

9,851 posts, read 6,566,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
some people would never leave bucees if they had seating areas lol. what bucees should do though is add some dog parks to their land like Love's does for those traveling with animals. Loves does this but their dog parks are trash (both figuratively and literally).
The areas of Buc Ee’s behind the building I’ve been to generally have amenities for dogs. Atleast the ones I’ve been to (I’ve seen them in Katy and Baytown). They have dog pick up bags and things of that nature. Not sure how they compare to Loves though

Old 01-26-2023, 10:11 AM

6,498 posts, read 7,525,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Not sure how they compare to Loves though
Buccees is NO TRUCKERS ALOWED. Loves is made for truckers.

Old 01-26-2023, 11:29 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,972,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
The areas of Buc Ee’s behind the building I’ve been to generally have amenities for dogs. Atleast the ones I’ve been to (I’ve seen them in Katy and Baytown). They have dog pick up bags and things of that nature. Not sure how they compare to Loves though
yeah most Bucees I've seen have dog bags but they don't have fenced in parks for dogs to freely roam like Loves does. I usually see so much empty parking no matter how packed Bucees is, so I feel like some of that could be put to better use.

Old 02-18-2023, 07:56 AM

8 posts, read 8,831 times
Cartoon character service for the forever children.

Look for gas at stations still owned by actual Americans.

Old 02-26-2023, 11:30 AM

30 posts, read 22,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post

100 miles Scott ! And veering west.

There are no Buc-ees SE of Htown either . Bucees has forgot about a huge part of Texas that is not far from the home offices. 59N/I-69N is not served. Nothing east of Houston metro area on I-10 (Baytown is Houston metro). I'd guess I-20 east of DFW is not served either. But Dollywood will be served!
isn't there a Buc-ee's Mega in Texas City off of I-45?

Old 02-26-2023, 05:55 PM

751 posts, read 1,481,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That One 2000's Baby View Post
isn't there a Buc-ee's Mega in Texas City off of I-45?
Yes there is.

There is also one in Terrell Tx, which is east of DFW.

Old 02-28-2023, 01:11 AM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times
I never stop there. It amazes me that in a First World country clean restrooms need to be advertised and not expected.
Other than that, I am not into the stuff they sell or food they serve. To me the whole place is obnoxious.
I think, I am not alone

https://www.mysanantonio.com/lifesty...s-17486867.php
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas