Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2022, 09:03 AM

603 posts, read 573,164 times

Advertisements

Just a reminder for my fellow Texans that today is election day, and it's your chance to express your opinion about Greg Abbott's mishandling of the border, of Covid, of property taxes, and a whole host of issues. Retire this all hat, no cattle politician please. Get out to that GOP primary and vote for anyone but him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2022, 11:11 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,259,831 times
I don’t feel it’s by business to tell anyone how to vote.

I will say that too many don’t pay enough attention to some of the most important e tons in Texas. The County Seats for Commissioners and Judges are very important.
New Texans may not realize that the County controls your town or City in many ways.

There are 15 County Judges that have Primary opponents in my County and double that for those running unopposed. Don’t ignore these races, in the short time available, try to learn about them. I found 2 who have never voted in the primary I intend to vote in, running in that primary. I found one running for Judge as their first job ever. I found one who declared for election on the same day he registered to vote for the Election.

We often wonder about Judges who make crazy decisions — this is why.
Too few pay attention to the Election of Judges, particularly the all important County Judge that rules over our County.

Be a good citizen, whoever you choose vote for — just get out and Vote.

Old 03-01-2022, 12:08 PM

18,123 posts, read 25,262,858 times
2020 Abbott = "COVID is too dangerous, I'll issue a statewide mask mandate to protect the people of Texas"
2021 Abbott = "It's a violation of people's rights to have a mask mandate, I'll issue a ban on any mask mandate in Texas"

How is it that nobody has called this guy a flip-flopper?

Old 03-01-2022, 02:07 PM

1,952 posts, read 827,176 times
There are flip floppers on both sides...lets not kid ourselves.

Old 03-01-2022, 04:59 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,628,678 times
Flip flopper? That's funny. Like RS said above 99% of all politicians flip flop. Seedy Sleepy Uncle Joe in the White House is setting records right now as the king flip/flop politician. His flip flop on the southern border has had dire consequences for Texans and for illegals both. Liar in chief fits him better.

Now I'm no fan of Abbott and consider him just another slimy politician licking his finger and checking the political wind direction. His business shutdown early on in COVID hurt hundreds of thousands of Texas' business affecting millions of Texans negatively. I actually can't stand him.

Old 03-01-2022, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
There are flip floppers on both sides...lets not kid ourselves.
Typical answer when people refuse to admit their side is wrong

Old 03-02-2022, 08:30 AM

1,952 posts, read 827,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Typical answer when people refuse to admit their side is wrong

I am a Libertarian....Abbott is not "my side" I have plenty of gripes against Abbott.

Although I an repulsed by Beto. Why the dems cannot run anyone better is beyond me. Surely all that out of state money can buy a better candidate.

I was not wrong about flip floppers either....

Old 03-02-2022, 08:58 AM

9,847 posts, read 6,562,879 times
I actually agree with Raider Scott. Even though I think Texas Republicans are the worst, flip flopping is ingrained in politics from either side.

Old 03-02-2022, 09:06 AM

[quote=Raider Scott;63002726]Although I an repulsed by Beto. Why the dems cannot run anyone better is beyond me. Surely all that out of state money can buy a better candidate./quote]
I think the exact same thing about Republicans
I watched all the commercials they had and the only thing everybody offered was to "finish the wall"

Nothing about jobs, schools, crime, etc.

Old 03-02-2022, 11:14 AM

11,775 posts, read 7,986,237 times
Quote:
2020 Abbott = "COVID is too dangerous, I'll issue a statewide mask mandate to protect the people of Texas"
2021 Abbott = "It's a violation of people's rights to have a mask mandate, I'll issue a ban on any mask mandate in Texas"

How is it that nobody has called this guy a flip-flopper?
To be fair, Abbott was really trying to avoid issuing a mask mandate as well as shutting down bars when Covid first hit. He started receiving alot of bad press and then the hospitals overcrowding which finally made him do it. I don't think his stance on it ever truly flipped internally, but he had to change his strategy due to external queues. Early Covid was crazy for everyone, we didn't know what we were dealing with or the level of risks involved.

Quote:
I think the exact same thing about Republicans
I watched all the commercials they had and the only thing everybody offered was to "finish the wall"

Nothing about jobs, schools, crime, etc.
Also to be fair I would say just by the nature of Abbott's policies, Texas has remained a relatively affordable place for businesses to operate so attracting jobs and providing employment isn't really an issue here. The people hurting are not the employers, just the little men like you and I paying Property Tax while they get corporate incentives.

Schools I will agree he has not given a great deal of attention to.

Crime? Well, I would say he isn't helping the matter, but Democrats often make crime worse.

Last edited by Need4Camaro; 03-02-2022 at 11:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: