Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2022, 06:50 PM

15,580 posts, read 15,650,878 times

Advertisements

That's something that anti-abortion people often ignore. If a woman is desperate to get an abortion, she probably will - even if it puts her in jeopardy.

Most Women Denied Abortions by Texas Law Got Them Another Way
“The law has not done anything to change people’s need for abortion care; it has shifted where people are getting their abortion.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/06/u...omen-data.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2022, 07:33 PM

18,125 posts, read 25,266,042 times
One day conservatives say:
“Criminals don’t obey the laws, making something illegal is not going to stop criminals”
Next day conservatives say:
“We need to pass a law to make sure that nobody …… (criminal activity)”

Logic is not their biggest strength

Old 03-07-2022, 05:35 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,628,678 times
I'm always amazed by those that support such barbarism, even sublimely, the killing of human life. They seem to OK it to try and assuage their seared collective consciences by labeling this invitro destruction of innocent and helpless life by calling it healthcare. It would be funny if not so tragic.

70 million abortions, disproportionately affecting minorities, since 1973. Would make Margaret Sanger, The mother of Planned Parenthood, proponent of eugenics and racist, proud.

No government, especially Texas', should support this war on life.

Old 03-07-2022, 06:17 AM

18,125 posts, read 25,266,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
I'm always amazed by those that support such barbarism, even sublimely, the killing of human life. They seem to OK it to try and assuage their seared collective consciences by labeling this invitro destruction of innocent and helpless life by calling it healthcare. It would be funny if not so tragic.

70 million abortions, disproportionately affecting minorities, since 1973. Would make Margaret Sanger, The mother of Planned Parenthood, proponent of eugenics and racist, proud.

Completely agree,
that's why I'm against it ... and also against all wars and the death penalty

Old 03-07-2022, 10:18 AM

8,319 posts, read 5,478,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post

So youre also against the death penalty?

Old 03-07-2022, 11:20 AM

1,982 posts, read 2,087,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
That's something that anti-abortion people often ignore. If a woman is desperate to get an abortion, she probably will - even if it puts her in jeopardy.

Most Women Denied Abortions by Texas Law Got Them Another Way
“The law has not done anything to change people’s need for abortion care; it has shifted where people are getting their abortion.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/06/u...omen-data.html
Regardless of whether I agree, I think most the "anti-abortion" people will feel the law was worth it if it prevented a single abortion.

Some pro-choice individuals seem to be missing completely what the pro-life side is arguing for. The pro-life side isn't so just to control women's bodies, but because they see every individual fetus as a human life. In their point of view, the fact that 99 died but 1 survived, but would have died without the law, is still a small "victory" for life, as they see it. The only way this could backfire for them is if every single abortion that would have happened otherwise still happened, which wouldn't even cause them to change support for the law, or if this law somehow convinced more women to get abortions who would have otherwise not get abortions. But I'm having trouble thinking up what person would decide to get pregnant and then have an abortion, all specifically in protest of this law.

Old 03-07-2022, 11:24 AM

4,433 posts, read 5,343,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
One day conservatives say:
“Criminals don’t obey the laws, making something illegal is not going to stop criminals”
Next day conservatives say:
“We need to pass a law to make sure that nobody …… (criminal activity)”

Logic is not their biggest strength
You are pointing out hypocrisy and it is VERY rampant on both sides.

Old 03-07-2022, 11:26 AM

1,982 posts, read 2,087,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
You are pointing out hypocrisy and it is VERY rampant on both sides.
It is also a very stupid allegation against any side. What exactly is the person's point? Get rid of all laws because criminals break laws? Like, most liberals also believe that criminals break laws. Unless the person is convinced liberals don't pass laws. Or the person believes liberals believe criminals don't exist.

Old 03-07-2022, 11:49 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
I'm personally opposed to most abortions, and opposed to most deaths via our death penalty, and opposed to most wars as well. I guess that's just another reason why I don't fit neatly into any one political party (which I detest so I guess that's a good thing).

Old 03-07-2022, 01:00 PM

8,319 posts, read 5,478,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I'm personally opposed to most abortions, and opposed to most deaths via our death penalty, and opposed to most wars as well. I guess that's just another reason why I don't fit neatly into any one political party (which I detest so I guess that's a good thing).
This I can respect.

Those who babble about the sanctity of life while cheering war and the death penalty are blatant hypocrites. I can respect consistency even if I dont agree with the position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas