Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2022, 08:08 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,791,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by done working View Post
Simple truth is vast majority of Texans are conservative but are outnumber in the cities where they have there hands out crying help me daddy! Houston - Austin are overrun with liberal crybabies who want governments to guide them through life from cradle to grave.
Plenty of that in Dallas too. Unfortunately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2022, 07:01 AM

1,952 posts, read 828,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Don't most farmers, who rely on government subsidies, in the red area? Be careful, places like NY and California feed a lot of the southern red states.

Ever driven in rural Texas?

I see loads of cattle ranches, cotton fields, corn fields and orchards. Texas feeds a large portion of the country as well.

Don't act as if we do not grow anything edible here....that is very far from the truth!

Old 03-21-2022, 07:36 AM

1,108 posts, read 528,740 times
In my limited circle Californians that have moved here are not just conservative but true blue Republicans that have lived and seen first hand what progressive leftist can do to a state. Young and old are getting out and several of my friends are moving their companies too.

I am betting the state will be RED for a long time -only the young urban centers are blue but again friends and family we have in Austin and Dallas are leaving for the suburbs too.

And even if the state turns blue it will only be due to the highly populated centers and alot of us dont really care what goes on there as we live out in the country or in the smaller communities.

Old 03-21-2022, 07:54 AM

Rural Texas is full of retirees that lived and worked their lives in Houston, Austin, Dallas and San Antonio and left for quieter spots with less congestion and crime.

Old 03-21-2022, 08:37 AM

8,347 posts, read 5,498,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by done working View Post
Simple truth is vast majority of Texans are conservative but are outnumber in the cities where they have there hands out crying help me daddy! Houston - Austin are overrun with liberal crybabies who want governments to guide them through life from cradle to grave.
Saying that people vote blue because they want governments to guide them is like saying everyone who voted for Trump is a rabid racist. Gross oversimplification.

Old 03-21-2022, 09:28 AM

There are tons of racists on the left.....don't kid yourselves.

Old 03-21-2022, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
There are tons of racists on the left.....don't kid yourselves.
I guess my point flew way over your head.

Old 03-21-2022, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
I guess my point flew way over your head.

Um...nope but lets not pretend that many leftists here think only conservatives and whites are racists. That is simply not true.

Old 03-21-2022, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
Um...nope but lets not pretend that many leftists here think only conservatives and whites are racists. That is simply not true.
That was not REMOTELY my point (which did indeed fly over your head).

My point was: saying that people who vote blue do so because they want handouts is the same as saying people voted for Trump because they are racist. Both are lazy, ridiculous points made in an attempt to score cheap, BS political points instead of making an actual argument based on data.

Old 03-21-2022, 01:21 PM

9,893 posts, read 6,589,672 times
The Republican Party is more hypocrite on economic issues. The Democratic party is more hypocrite on social issues.

The Democratic party claims to be the party of the people. And while they are actively more involved on infrastructure, the areas with money get the vastly higher proportion (something they like to roast Republicans for).

The Republican Party preaches low tax, regulation free economics but only when it fits the Anglo American conservative ideologies. They’re the first to cry and find it “unconstitutional” when Dick’s, a private company decided to pull guns off their shelves (which by the way, they still sell under their Field & Stream brand, they played y’all). First to complain when Police, Fire department, or military spending lowers (or doesn’t rise as much as they’d like) yet are the ones who claim to enjoy low taxes and government spending.

Human nature does it’s work in politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas