Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2022, 06:23 PM

3,067 posts, read 8,405,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
If you refuse to open your eyes and see what the Texas agriculture commissioner says
There nothing I can do to help you

Seems like the only facts you accept is what your Dear Leader Abbott says

I don't believe there is anything you can do to help yourself! Why would I want to listen to conjecture from the Texas Ag Commissioner?

Quite frankly I don't care for Abbott but then you appear to not care for anyone that will not believe your hyperbole and my dislike of Abbott wouldn't matter to you. Also I have no "Leader" and I do not follow unlike so many today!

Old 04-20-2022, 07:22 PM

1,108 posts, read 527,950 times
Hey we all know its Trumps fault!

You people ***** and complain when the boarders open, ***** and complain when someone tries to do something, ***** and complain because its hot.

OMG take a chill pill anyone with a right mind knows why there's inflation and can you answer a simple question?

Are you better off today than say 18 months ago? hummmmm?

Old 04-20-2022, 08:16 PM

15,403 posts, read 7,464,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by escanlan View Post
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
The last time I listened to Fox, I threw up from the stupidity displayed by the traitors that populate that hate site. No one on Fox is an actual journalist. They are all political buffoons, incapable of telling the truth if it doesn't match their right wing feelz.

And there it is "Traitors", "Racists", "Xenophobes", etc., etc., etc. When the extreme side can't accept that others may not agree with them they turn to the only thing they have in defense and here we see it.

It's not a matter of disagreeing with them. Trying to overthrow a legitimately elected government is treason, or sedition, or whatever you want to call it. The mouth breathing morons at Fox aided and abetted the Trumpsters and their attempts to take over the country illegally. Fox News is not a news channel at all, it is a political channel, fomenting hatred of anything that doesn't comport with right wing hatred of anyone who isn't a white Christian fundamentalist.

Biden has done nothing to disrupt fuel prices here. That's on OPEC and the banks that are not funding non-economic wells like they used to. You can't name one drilling project that Biden has halted.

And another favorite misdirection by the extremists "It's OPEC's fault", "It's the greedy energy companies fault", "It's Putin's fault", "It's dumb Americans fault for driving more after the lockdowns and going to work in their gasoline vehicles to make a living to pay their bills", etc., etc., etc.

I've worked in the oil industry for over 30 years. I have a pretty good idea of what's going on with oil and gas production, moreso than most people.

As for your challenge go back and read my post and I don't believe anywhere I stated OBiden stopped a drilling project. Of course that doesn't matter since it doesn't fit the narrative.

Fuel in Mexico is cheaper than here because it is subsidized.

And what would that have to do with my statement/question asking why they didn't fill up before getting in line at the border??

I don't know. Ask the Mexican drivers. Perhaps they assumed things would work like they always do, where they start out with enough fuel to reach their destination, then return to Mexico where they fill up again.

I don't think gas prices here are particularly high in any case.

Tractors (Big Rigs, Trucks) use diesel typically and not "gas" (gasoline). I expect you don't look at the diesel pump and prices as you fill up your "gas" powered vehicle? Or do you drive a Tesla? In any case I just bought diesel at $4.90 a gallon and "gas" at $3.80 a gallon. Not sure about your area but that is down from the spike when Putin invaded Ukraine on 24 February and shook the futures market. Didn't OBiden stop importing Russian oil?? Even if he didn't Russia is still in Ukraine and gas prices are dropping. OPEC told OBiden to pound sand on more oil and instead he went to Venezuela and Iran for more oil. They still negotiating with those countries and low and behold the price has been dropping lately. You can use gasbuddy.com to see the historical price change.

Gee I thought the rise in fuel prices were a Putin Price Hike? Why then is it falling? And yes they are a lot higher than before OBiden took office!

OK, maybe I should have said fuel prices. They aren't that high. I haven't noticed any real impact on my monthly expenses from them. And no, I do not get free fuel, even though I work for an oil company.

The US was never energy independent.

You really do need to step out of the CNN & NPR bubble and seek other news sources.

I get my data from industry sources and from the EIA. The US was never energy independent.

Responses in blue above.
Responses in red

Old 04-20-2022, 08:25 PM

18,126 posts, read 25,266,042 times

Old 04-20-2022, 09:10 PM

1,624 posts, read 2,035,072 times
And just to think idiot's will vote for Abbott again.. atleast vote for a younger republican that's resonates with the young crowd.

Old 04-21-2022, 06:42 AM

2,510 posts, read 2,211,278 times
I'm not an agriculture expert but I do know that some of my produce is spoiling quicker than normal. I've started buying produce the day I plan to cook it for that reason.

As for O&G, my husband has been an MWD engineer since the late 90s. Lately, he has constantly gotten complaints from his customers who want his tools nowand aren't willing to wait. He can't fulfill their orders nearly as quickly as they want because he can't get the parts he needs to build and repair his tools. He's never had that problem before. He needs to move to a larger facility but he is unable to find one that will work and he can't find suitable land to build one. Every parcel nearby for sale is either too small or too big.

Old 04-21-2022, 08:33 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,628,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Typical right wing response
I don't like what that story says = It's fake news

Whatever it takes for the right wings sheeps to not have to admit that their cult leaders are wrong
How can I discount or not like the story when I don't have a subscription to the rag either the pulp or E version and the link won't work without a subscription for me. I said nothing about the article just the source(s). May or may not be fake but whatever it is you are one of a minority that has any modicum of trust in the US media (36%). By far 64% have little or no trust in the media (Gallup poll mid 2021). You seem to believe if it fits your politics. You seem to "like" this opinion piece from the Star Telegram. It is your hit piece, simply. pffffftttt !

I know if you post anything it'll be from a Leftist/commie perspective. That's the easy part as you've declared yourself over and over on this board. I'm simply considering the source.

I called the thread out for what it is.

Next!

Old 04-21-2022, 10:10 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,520,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
I know if you post anything it'll be from a Leftist/commie perspective. That's the easy part as you've declared yourself over and over on this board. I'm simply considering the source.

I called the thread out for what it is.

Next!
Absolutely not surprising.
Group of political trolls pushing their agenda in non political forums.

I think political topics have to be banned in every sub-forum, except Politics.

Old 04-21-2022, 10:44 PM

11,778 posts, read 7,989,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfoe View Post
And just to think idiot's will vote for Abbott again.. atleast vote for a younger republican that's resonates with the young crowd.
Basically the modern day democrat.

Old 04-22-2022, 06:04 AM

18,126 posts, read 25,266,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Town View Post
Absolutely not surprising.
Group of political trolls pushing their agenda in non political forums.

I think political topics have to be banned in every sub-forum, except Politics.
It's the Texas forum and we are talking about the governor of Texas and how his decisions hurt Texans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas