Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2022, 08:35 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,524,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
That's alot to think about. If it starts to look like there really is going to be a secession, I would guess the United States would pull all the military bases out of Texas and any other state that looks like it will secede as well. I doubt it would be civil secession because I doubt the United States would give up the Gulf Of Mexico and all the valuable natural resources found in Texas without a fight.

If Texas seceeds and all the military bases are gone, it wouldn't surprise me if Mexico decided to take back Texas with the help of the US mitary.

I know there's lots of bickering but I don't think things are so bad there needs to be secession. The economy is moving along and lots of people are making lots of money. If we split, I imagine the economies of both countries would nosedive.

I think we Americans are much better off and safer as one country than two separate countries. How would that even work? No more NCAA football and basketball tournaments, no more Super Bowls. No more vacations to other regions. We couldn't have no more fun with each other.

Secession is crazy. The thought of it feeds it energy. Things aren't that bad. We all need to think rationally rather than emotionally so we don't do something stupid that we will all regret later.
So pretty much everyone here thinks that US will eventually drop bombs on Texas. Don't you think that's evil? How they can do that to Texas? No matter what, even if Texas decides to leave they can't do that to their former state. If they do this, it means that US is a terrorist country If we look at it from different angle, it turns out that we are part of that big evil just because we are hostages here.

Regarding travel to other states, it doesn't have to be isolation. It could be like traveling from France to Spain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2022, 11:53 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,282,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Town View Post
How they can do that to Texas? No matter what, even if Texas decides to leave they can't do that to their former state.
How? Same way it’s been done to 1/2 of the countries in the World
It’s just not as fun when you are on the other side

Old 06-25-2022, 10:39 AM

1,693 posts, read 1,530,267 times
In addition to secession, the state GOP platform is also calling for the repeal of the 1965 Voting Rights Act (which was passed to nullify Jim Crow voting laws, mainly in Southern states, including Texas):
https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/statu...40574918582273

Old 06-25-2022, 10:57 AM

11,795 posts, read 8,008,183 times
Yeah. These are areas I can’t defend Texas. This idea is really … really … stupid. Even if it succeeds it will decimate Texas economy as well as make it extremely vulnerable to surround nations (Mexico and the U.S.)

Old 06-25-2022, 11:00 AM

4,504 posts, read 4,615,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Member1 View Post
In addition to secession, the state GOP platform is also calling for the repeal of the 1965 Voting Rights Act (which was passed to nullify Jim Crow voting laws, mainly in Southern states, including Texas):
https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/statu...40574918582273
The Republicans are really good at alienating groups of people they should be trying to lure into their Party. They seemed to have turned into a very narcissistic poltical party. Thanks to Trump.

Old 06-25-2022, 11:13 AM

9,889 posts, read 6,589,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
The Republicans are really good at alienating groups of people they should be trying to lure into their Party. They seemed to have turned into a very narcissistic poltical party. Thanks to Trump.
Agreed. Due to the Trump loss, however, they seem to have came to their senses and are now marketing a lot better in assistance with the unpopularity of Joe.

Old 06-25-2022, 11:44 AM

18,130 posts, read 25,282,316 times
When’s the last time Republicans promoted anything that helps the middle class
Just to clarify, I’m talking about the lower middle class, not upper middle class

Old 06-25-2022, 12:45 PM

11,795 posts, read 8,008,183 times
One thing I wonder is what happens to all of our Interstate Highway’s… especially those that connect between states and borders like I-10, and I-35… What happens to the thru traffic, and how do we fund the maintenance? They will become toll roads?

Old 06-25-2022, 11:16 PM

403 posts, read 462,420 times
There would have to be an absolute disaster to necessitate secession, or else you won’t get the political capital to inspire breaking off from the union.

Old 06-26-2022, 07:18 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Every state in the United States, all fifty of them, have gathered enough signatures to present a petition to secede (and they've presented those petitions) to the US government. Just for some perspective.

The platform is calling for a vote, not calling for secession, from what I understand. So let's vote. Most Texans I know are opposed to secession and would vote accordingly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas