Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2022, 07:42 AM

1,108 posts, read 528,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
You mysogenist, you!
And she has the code to the safe with the AK and pistols! Thats why she's driving a new Cadillac.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2022, 10:02 AM

8,007 posts, read 10,426,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
TBH Science is actually still trying to determine at what point life really begins. Science hasn't made a true definitive answer on that yet as there are many scientists who have conflicting views and many 'pro-abotionists' scientist who are alleged toward it for population control purposes. And I think, science will never have a confirmed full answer for when life begins, because life is more than just scientific.. Most people of just about any religion can agree that life is also spiritual.

https://www.swarthmore.edu/news-even...and%20triplets.

https://www.wired.com/2015/10/scienc...s-life-begins/

https://www.justthefacts.org/get-the...n-life-begins/

As for abortion, I get the whole idea as to why this is a big issue when it comes to women's rights, but you have to becareful about getting what you are legally entitled to versus what you are not lawfully entitled to. In all circumstances of law, our rights technically end when another 'innocent' civilian life is directly put at risk. This includes the unborn child. The law does not permit the killing of human species regardless of what stage of development they are in (Baby, Kid, Teenager, Adult) unless that civilian puts your life directly at risk. My personal argument against abortion has nothing to do with any inherent desire to put women's right below my own, but because abortion really is a big issue as there are many women who are making irresponsible choices, then aborting the baby because they do not want to go through pregnancy or take care of the child. This is where the majority of abortions are coming from. There are other options such as adoption. Killing a baby or even arguing whether or not it was or wasn't a living thing (because in reality, you will never be able to prove this) should not be apart of the question. This is a matter of human morality, not just science.
There is a difference between "life" and functioning human life. A plant is considered life. An 80 year old with no brain function, no nervous system, etc. is not considered alive. They are legally and clinically dead, i.e. not alive. Why are the standards different for a fetus with no brain function, no nervous system, etc.?

"as there are many women who are making irresponsible choices"
Why are you singling out and blaming women? Are they conceiving this children on their own? Condoms exist, vasectomies exist (and are easier to get, less expensive, and less invasive than female sterilization), and men can always juts keep their pants on too. So why is this just women's fault?

Old 08-18-2022, 12:57 PM

11,800 posts, read 8,008,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
There is a difference between "life" and functioning human life. A plant is considered life. An 80 year old with no brain function, no nervous system, etc. is not considered alive. They are legally and clinically dead, i.e. not alive. Why are the standards different for a fetus with no brain function, no nervous system, etc.?
It came from a human sperm, egg and embryo, it is a human life regardless, it may not be a functioning human - but it is entirely from the very roots a human and is destined to become a functioning human through its development cycle.

Quote:
"as there are many women who are making irresponsible choices"
Why are you singling out and blaming women? Are they conceiving this children on their own? Condoms exist, vasectomies exist (and are easier to get, less expensive, and less invasive than female sterilization), and men can always juts keep their pants on too. So why is this just women's fault?
Because I'm not afraid to call an apple, an apple... and I would do the same for either gender or race. I have no partiality.

This is where most abortions are coming from:

Quote:
Percentage Reason
<0.5% Victim of rape
3% Fetal health problems
4% Physical health problems
4% Would interfere with education or career
7% Not mature enough to raise a child
8% Don't want to be a single mother
19% Done having children
23% Can't afford a baby
25% Not ready for a child
6% Other
https://abort73.com/abortion_facts/u...on_statistics/

You can see, statistically speaking, less than 1% are rape victems, meaning over 99% of abortions are coming from consensual sex, meaning both parties consented to the act, and both parties are liable. She said 'YES' when she had an option to say 'NO'. Condoms broke, pill didn't work, don't want to hear it. You knew the risk, don't take out the problem on the child who had no say in your choices. The problem today is society does not want to be liable for their choices. They want to make excuses. The man did not 'make' the woman abort. She has the choice to keep the baby.

It baffles me as to how one could be so emotionally distraught over the incidents over Uvalde but then be completely okay with aborting a baby only because you believe your personal rights exceed the right to life...which is literally the same argument over gun rights.

Last edited by Need4Camaro; 08-18-2022 at 01:40 PM..

Old 08-18-2022, 01:18 PM

327 posts, read 222,555 times
Illegal immigration from Mexico and Central America, which is another cause condoned and supported by liberals, has much greater implications on the lives of all Texans than the recent SCOTUS decision regarding Roe v. Wade.

Old 08-18-2022, 02:29 PM

8,347 posts, read 5,498,098 times
Quote:
It came from a human sperm, egg and embryo, it is a human life regardless, it may not be a functioning human - but it is entirely from the very roots a human and is destined to become a functioning human through its development cycle.

Because I'm not afraid to call an apple, an apple... and I would do the same for either gender or race. I have no partiality.

You can see, statistically speaking, less than 1% are rape victems, meaning over 99% of abortions are coming from consensual sex, meaning both parties consented to the act, and both parties are liable. She said 'YES' when she had an option to say 'NO'. Condoms broke, pill didn't work, don't want to hear it. You knew the risk, don't take out the problem on the child who had no say in your choices. The problem today is society does not want to be liable for their choices. They want to make excuses. The man did not 'make' the woman abort. She has the choice to keep the baby.

It baffles me as to how one could be so emotionally distraught over the incidents over Uvalde but then be completely okay with aborting a baby only because you believe your personal rights exceed the right to life...which is literally the same argument over gun rights.
The source for those numbers is an anti-abortion site. Can you post numbers from a more legit source?

Old 08-18-2022, 02:31 PM

8,347 posts, read 5,498,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outer_Bluegrass View Post
Illegal immigration from Mexico and Central America, which is another cause condoned and supported by liberals, has much greater implications on the lives of all Texans than the recent SCOTUS decision regarding Roe v. Wade.
What about the people who are pro-choice and still support borders?

I would imagine that if you live in a border county, your statement might be true. If you live in an urban Texas county it is not. Illegal immigrants do take resources but they do not take any job an American would want.

Old 08-18-2022, 02:42 PM

Quote:

You say BOTH parties were liable, which I don't disagree with. But you only blame women. Why is that?

And it's not aborting a baby, because it's not a baby. Hence why the medical community calls it a fetus or embryo. The definitions are different for a reason.

And you didn't address the question of how, if you or I had the same functions (or lack thereof) as a fetus, we would be declared dead - i.e. not alive - by science AND the state. Why is that different? Why are people allowed to remove life support from loved ones, but a woman removing what is essentially life support from a fetus is not allowed?

What about all the fertility clinics that destroy tens of thousands of embryos every year? Why isn't the state prohibiting that? I mean if it really is about life begins at conception, that they should be infuriated by clinics just disposing of them, right?

Old 08-18-2022, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
The source for those numbers is an anti-abortion site. Can you post numbers from a more legit source?
https://www.guttmacher.org/sites/def...es/3711005.pdf

--------------------------

https://worldpopulationreview.com/ar...ns-due-to-rape

Quote:
Percentage of Abortions Due to Rape
Rape is an all too common crime reported daily throughout the country. This crime impacts women typically and, in some cases, can result in pregnancy. According to the statistics provided by women who receive an abortion, only about 1% of all women choose abortion because they became pregnant through rape. This statistic is used repeatedly by activists groups trying to criminalize abortion and is a central figure in the national debate surrounding abortion rights. Although the statistic is low, nearly 3/4 of all rapes are never reported but may result in pregnancy.

Old 08-18-2022, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outer_Bluegrass View Post
Undocumented immigrants contribute more to the economy than they take. If all undocumented immigrants magically disappeared tomorrow, it would absolutely cripple the state of Texas.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/economy...he-u-s-economy

Old 08-18-2022, 02:50 PM

Quote:
You say BOTH parties were liable, which I don't disagree with. But you only blame women. Why is that?

And it's not aborting a baby, because it's not a baby. Hence why the medical community calls it a fetus or embryo. The definitions are different for a reason.

And you didn't address the question of how, if you or I had the same functions (or lack thereof) as a fetus, we would be declared dead - i.e. not alive - by science AND the state. Why is that different? Why are people allowed to remove life support from loved ones, but a woman removing what is essentially life support from a fetus is not allowed?

What about all the fertility clinics that destroy tens of thousands of embryos every year? Why isn't the state prohibiting that? I mean if it really is about life begins at conception, that they should be infuriated by clinics just disposing of them, right?
Because the woman is the person carrying and ultimately making the choice in terminating the life. If it were than man doing so, I would blame him too. The man is definitely responsible for the pregnancy, but the woman has the choice to keep the baby. Infact, most rape victims opt to keep the baby, this speaks volumes onto the power of choice over someone who had a one night stand and opting to murder the baby only because she wasn't ready.

The issue is a matter of morality. Not just science. Also there is one thing that is very different between a dead person and an embryo. An embryo is a living organism going through development cycles, creating a functioning human organism. A dead person on the other hand does not go through any further cycles that will lead it to be a functioning human being His life is over, we're taking away a life that is beginning and not giving it the opportunity for birth.

As for removing life support, more often than not, it is the doctors making those decisions. This is because it is believed that the person will never live a functional life, unlike an Embryo which will almost definitely live a functional life after its development. That particularly, I also have mixed feelings on. But if I were to take a stab as to why it isn't illegal, it is probably because there are only a finite number of life support stations and more people who need them than they can supply. Personally, I also do not agree with putting a human being to sleep however.

Last edited by Need4Camaro; 08-18-2022 at 03:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas