Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2022, 07:13 AM

4,503 posts, read 4,613,441 times

Advertisements

It don't make sense to me why the politicickers could not find a good middle ground for compromise, but the extremes on both sides don't want to give an inch. They insist on having everything "their way". It's more important they get "their way" than what's best for the country.

The far left Democrats think it's ok for a woman 9 months pregnant to have an abortion and the far right Republicans thinks no woman should be allowed to have an abortion even if she's 1 minute pregnant. Both are ridiculously unreasonble solutions.

Seems to me the obvious middle ground solution, if a fetus/baby CAN survive outside the mother's body, EVEN IF it takes an incubator to keep the fetus/baby alive, that fetus/baby SHOULD NOT BE allowed to be aborted. However, if the fetus/baby CANNOT survive outside the mother's body, then it SHOULD BE the woman's choice to abort or not. It's her body, her choice and nobody else's bidness but her and her doctor, and at that point the government needs to stay out of it.

As long as the extremes are in control of the Democrat and the Repubican Party, there always gonna be extreme chaos and insanity happening in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2022, 07:53 AM

2,441 posts, read 2,523,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Almost all of the California transplants I know that moved here vote blue.

None of this matters. Your observations and mine are not statistical. You also have to remember that like attracts like. Youre more conservative and Im more liberal and were going to be more likely to meet people of that mindset no matter where they are from.
Time to establish filtration camps and separate people by their political views. Liberals should not be admitted to conservative states and vice versa. This will be better for the people in a long run. More difficult is to do relocations of wrong people who are already in wrong states. To some extent, self-organization is going to work, even as this thread shows, but it's not an easy process.

Old 06-29-2022, 07:57 AM

8,338 posts, read 5,492,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Town View Post
Time to establish filtration camps and separate people by their political views. Liberals should not be admitted to conservative states and vice versa. This will be better for the people in a long run. More difficult is to do relocations of wrong people who are already in wrong states. To some extent, self-organization is going to work, even as this thread shows, but it's not an easy process.
So simply take the Constitution and set fire to it if you really feel that way. You cannot pretend to give a rats a$$ about the Constitution and I can know to discount your feelings towards it in the future. What you are is an authoritarian fascist.

Considering the difference between the percentage of liberals and conservatives in Texas is between 5-10%, youd be deporting a lot of people from their homes.

There is no such thing as a liberal or conservative state anyway. Its cities vs. not.

Old 06-29-2022, 08:12 AM

Quote:
So simply take the Constitution and set fire to it if you really feel that way. You cannot pretend to give a rats a$$ about the Constitution and I can know to discount your feelings towards it in the future. What you are is an authoritarian fascist.

Considering the difference between the percentage of liberals and conservatives in Texas is between 5-10%, youd be deporting a lot of people from their homes.

There is no such thing as a liberal or conservative state anyway. Its cities vs. not.
The country is already polarized to extremes and there's no return.
In this situation, filtration is going to be better in a long run.
Yes, we need to improve cities in Texas. However, urban cores are smaller than suburbs from population standpoint. Suburbs matter more.

Old 06-29-2022, 08:15 AM

Quote:
The country is already polarized to extremes and there's no return.
In this situation, filtration is going to be better in a long run.
Yes, we need to improve cities in Texas. However, urban cores are smaller than suburbs from population standpoint. Suburbs matter more.
So rip up the Constitution?

If that is what your proposing, just say it. You cannot implement anything that resembles what you are suggesting without doing away with the Constitution and Bill of Rights completely.

Old 06-29-2022, 08:26 AM

Quote:
So rip up the Constitution?

If that is what your proposing, just say it. You cannot implement anything that resembles what you are suggesting without doing away with the Constitution and Bill of Rights completely.
I'm not ripping up Constitution. However, some adjustments might be needed. We are in XXI century.

Good thing, these processes are already happening naturally. I am more in favor of this. But there's no guarantee and more organized process could help better.

Last edited by Ghost Town; 06-29-2022 at 08:40 AM..

Old 06-29-2022, 08:48 AM

Quote:
I'm not ripping up Constitution. However, some adjustments might be needed. We are in XXI century.
They are called amendments and require 38 of 50 states to pass.

What you are suggesting amounts to the destruction of the Constitution. Freedom of movement is specifically mentioned in the 5th Amendment. You actually are making the EXACT SAME arguments that people who want to do away with the 1st and 2nd amendment make: were in the 21st Century and its foolish to look at the Founder's intentions because the world is different. That is the argument you are making so simply own it. What you are doing is akin to saying, "I dont want that person to die, I just dont want them to be alive anymore". You are advocating for the destruction of the Constitution you are just trying to use different words to lessen that view.

The natural occurrences are not done by state. They are done by city. There is no such thing as a red state or a blue state. Austin is the fastest growing metro area in the US and almost none that move there from out of state are Conservative. Almost no conservative moves to Austin, Houston, or Dallas proper anymore and yet all three draw from all over the country.

Old 06-29-2022, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Austin is the fastest growing metro area in the US and almost none that move there from out of state are Conservative. Almost no conservative moves to Austin, Houston, or Dallas proper anymore and yet all three draw from all over the country.
Not true. I wouldn't disagree much regarding Austin. But conservatives do definitely move to Houston and Dallas areas. Of course mostly suburbs. We need more of those people. I love my area, very strong red. Even better expectations for 2024.
I don't mind occasional liberals, we need some enemies to make it more interesting.

Old 06-29-2022, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Not true. I wouldn't disagree much regarding Austin. But conservatives do definitely move to Houston and Dallas areas. Of course mostly suburbs. We need more of those people. I love my area, very strong red. Even better expectations for 2024.
I don't mind occasional liberals, we need some enemies to make it more interesting.
That is why I specified city proper. Yes, conservatives move to the suburbs of Dallas and Houston but very rarely into the city.

My beef with all of this is that Texas isnt run like the state it is, its run as a far right state. Texas is in reality a right of center state. I dont know too many liberals who are intolerant to the fiscal policies of Texas, however when we start talking abortion with no exceptions for rape, incest, or danger to the mothers life, doing away with gay marriage, or secession, people are going to have a problem. Why not simply keep taxes low, keep pro-business stances, and keep it gun friendly and just do away with crazy socially conservative stuff?

Also we cant look at each other as enemies. I dont think of conservatives or the far left as my enemies. Were all Americans and we have to figure this out together even though we sometimes dont like each other.

Old 06-29-2022, 09:58 AM

1,044 posts, read 567,320 times
Quote:
“enemies”?

My husband and I are the only two “liberals” from our respective families. All his siblings (and their husbands) and mine are all Republicans, who are fiscally conservatives but still somewhat socially tolerant. Except one, who’s filthy rich but thinks anyone applied for government financial aids/assistance must be lazy/grifter/unintelligent and black peoples bring down the real estate value….etc. We don’t always see eye to eye but I still see them as fundamentally good people. (perhaps a tad prejudiced and bigoted but nevertheless good people.)

I don’t hate Republicans. I’m sure in my Houston area some of my neighbors are bona fide Republicans but we get along well and we all mind our own business. As long as you don’t try to recruit me to your church, don’t chide me for having zero interest in the Bible and not ridicule my belief that all races were born equal and that I happen to think that because we were born privileged we can help other fellow humans a bit (or at least have some compassion to put yourself in their shoes.) I’m peacefully co-existing with people on the other end of political spectrum.

I only judge the very far-right, MAGA-spewing, Trump/DeSantis/Abbott worshipping extremists that have been severely dividing the country in the past decade. I survived the 2001 9/11 attack while living in downtown Manhattan, I remember vividly the comradery and the patriotism all around the city and how Giuliani was hailed as a hero (he did do a good job to be fair. See how far he had fallen.) while the rest of the world hated us. When the far-right, not-even-trying-to-hide “politicians” today made George W. Bush looked like a gentleman, you know we really have big problems on hand.

I always chuckled when some MAGA people reminisced the “gold old days” like “back in the day” in the ‘50s and ‘60s, hey for your information your most “All-American” beloved TV Dad aka Mike Brady was gay in real life, the kind that was not approved by your Bible, how’s that for irony?!

Last edited by achtung baby; 06-29-2022 at 10:42 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas