Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2022, 04:30 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,002,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
Is Texas really turning that blue?
What I really meant is they are trying to get away from all the growth, not necessarily politics.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2022, 09:38 PM

15,525 posts, read 10,492,988 times
One of my kids moved to Montana and lived there for two years. Helped manage a couple of ski resorts and some properties. They are back in Texas now raising a family. I can't answer for everybody, but perhaps some want a bit of an adventure.

Old 02-18-2023, 08:16 AM

8 posts, read 8,849 times
Texas has no future, is why 3rd, 4th, and 5th generation families are leaving. If one doesn’t own an income property then there’s nothing to defend against the 3rd World it’s rapidly becoming.

No one lived here — in a manner of speaking — prior to central A/C. That’s day before yesterday. Texas was (is) an agricultural colony featuring timber, cotton and cattle. Oil & gas changed that for some, but ownership of the rights doesn’t live here.

Todays high schools don’t educate past what 6th graders learned as late as the 1960s. The majority of “students” aren’t capable of it. Tax-payer daycare with sports teams.

This is known as, the hand-writing on the wall. Perfectly clear to those who believe their children and children’s children future matters.

“The USA”, were there an invading army in a war, would win once the Bos-Wash corridor and out along the Ohio to the Falls plus the Great Lakes were taken.

The rest of the country matters very little. A few ports, a few local advantages. Nothing serious.

The best farmland, water and ALL the important manufacturing is in the above zone.

Don’t mistake todays politics for what really matters.

Old 02-20-2023, 12:41 AM

406 posts, read 340,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXsterling View Post
Texas has no future, is why 3rd, 4th, and 5th generation families are leaving. If one doesn’t own an income property then there’s nothing to defend against the 3rd World it’s rapidly becoming.

No one lived here — in a manner of speaking — prior to central A/C. That’s day before yesterday. Texas was (is) an agricultural colony featuring timber, cotton and cattle. Oil & gas changed that for some, but ownership of the rights doesn’t live here.

Todays high schools don’t educate past what 6th graders learned as late as the 1960s. The majority of “students” aren’t capable of it. Tax-payer daycare with sports teams.

This is known as, the hand-writing on the wall. Perfectly clear to those who believe their children and children’s children future matters.

“The USA”, were there an invading army in a war, would win once the Bos-Wash corridor and out along the Ohio to the Falls plus the Great Lakes were taken.

The rest of the country matters very little. A few ports, a few local advantages. Nothing serious.

The best farmland, water and ALL the important manufacturing is in the above zone.

Don’t mistake todays politics for what really matters.

Sad, but true. That is why I left TX in October 2021.

Old 02-23-2023, 05:38 AM

4,839 posts, read 3,264,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
.... PS. San Antonio is only the 7th biggest city because of annexation. Atlanta metro is way bigger than San Antonio yet Atlanta as a city is what, a quarter the size of San Antonio population wise? You should look at metro size, not city size.
Maybe you should have said that to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysan89 View Post
Sad, but true. That is why I left TX in October 2021.
I was a few months ahead of you. After 40+ years, always I figured I'd die there. Don't miss it.

Old 02-23-2023, 06:21 PM

11,073 posts, read 7,142,399 times
Quote:
I've heard Montana has seen an influx of Texans moving there. I'm curious what is drawing Texans to the state. Other than it being conservative it's very different in climate and culture. I've also heard Texans are moving to the Black Hills.
But are they staying? Colorado has a lot of influx from Texans too, but also a lot of outflux, as people find out that state isn't what they were expecting. The net result is what matters, and tells the story, not just one side of it.

Post #32 above is an example of what I'm talking about. They may have moved to MT, but they later moved back to TX, so it didn't stick. Sometimes the image of grass greener elsewhere doesn't actually pan out upon closer inspection.

Old 02-23-2023, 10:55 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,700 posts, read 58,012,579 times
Texans trashed Colorado last century.
On to greater (and few) remaining places.

It's very Texan. And very common to current generation.

Rape pillage, destroy... Move on.
Centuries of history will repeat, while opportunities to exploit still exist.

One only needs to look around Europe or Asia (and South America and Africa) to see the history and where we're headed.

Many previously plush and rich environments are barren and eroded land. (And PRIVATE, if Texas has anything to do with it).

Old 02-25-2023, 11:28 AM

4,433 posts, read 5,345,000 times
Quote:
???
He never adds anything to threads.

Old 02-25-2023, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
Austin, Dallas, Houston, Washington DC, Denver, and some southern cities. Out of all the people I graduated high school with about half a decade ago I would say maybe 20-30% currently live in San Antonio.

Obviously Austin isn't bigger but it has way more young people so most young people would rather live there.

Obviously it is different depending on what high school you went to. Some high schools are mostly people that never left town.

Lots of growth in San Antonio is from military, people from other states moving here, retirees, and maybe the biggest growth is from people from south Texas moving here. A lot of people that grow up near the border or in rural south Texas have the life goal to move to San Antonio, and often do.

PS. San Antonio is only the 7th biggest city because of annexation. Atlanta metro is way bigger than San Antonio yet Atlanta as a city is what, a quarter the size of San Antonio population wise? You should look at metro size, not city size.
Wrong. Just as many move out as move in unless you are talking retired military.

Correct Our largest contributing county(s) is LA, San Diego, and Maricopa, then all the valley counties follow close behind.

Correct, but it is still the 23-25 largest metro tracking with Charlotte and Orlando depending on the year. All grow between 36-60k a year.

Old 02-25-2023, 12:24 PM

2022 Populations

State, 2022 Population, Change from 2020
California, 39,029,342, -508,903
Colorado, 5,839,926, 66,193
Montana, 1,122,867, 38,670
Texas, 30,029,572, 884,144

Can more move out? We are really full in the big 4. So maybe it is time to pave over west Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas