U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2022, 10:10 PM

16,940 posts, read 13,449,160 times

Advertisements

But I think maybe Beto will bring some good, if he does get elected. So win/win.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2022, 11:37 PM

3,004 posts, read 5,203,675 times
Beto has sociopathic tendencies and past criminal history. Shows where folks are when they say they want to vote for him. I think it's called moral decay.

Here's his essay on his desire to murder children. Nice!

https://wjbo.iheart.com/featured/wal...rder-children/

Yeah he did it as a teen. You know that period when morals are formed . . . or declined !

Old 10-07-2022, 03:03 AM

16,940 posts, read 13,449,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
Beto has sociopathic tendencies and past criminal history. Shows where folks are when they say they want to vote for him. I think it's called moral decay.

Yeah he did it as a teen. You know that period when morals are formed . . . or declined !
I was reading it and it was like I was reading a biography of something that he really did. There is no excuse for his sick story. I hope he loses....again.

Old 10-07-2022, 05:49 AM

17,323 posts, read 23,494,087 times
Quote:

It’s ridiculous to judge a person in his 40s with what he wrote on message boards as a kid in high school
Seems more like a desperate attempt to find anything that will hurt his credibility

Old 10-07-2022, 08:37 AM

3,004 posts, read 5,203,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
It’s ridiculous to judge a person in his 40s with what he wrote on message boards as a kid in high school
Seems more like a desperate attempt to find anything that will hurt his credibility
High schoolers are not kids! HS age young men can be front-line troops in war zones and have been, they can vote, and they can buy tobacco products. I'm not arguing that their brain is matured though but foundational thoughts/morals have been formed by this time. And let's also be clear that he didn't just write this but dwelt on these thoughts, got pleasure from them, lusted to see them come to fruition.

I'm not desperate for anything. This goes straight to the forming character of the man who is now running for governor of this great state. In doing so EVERYTHING should be known if it is out there as public knowledge. Each individual voter can make their choice. If this is the best the Democrat Party of Texas can throw out there as a gubernatorial candidate it is in a sad state of moral decay too.

This "essay" is very, very, strange and shows no empathy for others and sociopathic thought processes. The fact that you are attempting to normalize it or blow it off is pretty eye popping. If a Republican candidate for the office had written such an demented piece I bet you wouldn't be defending them but rather demonizing them. I'd say you chose party first above all other things!

Old 10-07-2022, 09:07 AM

1,045 posts, read 349,459 times
All i have to do is look at the state and see with eyes wide open we are doing great and there is no reason to change leadership.

Old 10-07-2022, 09:23 AM

971 posts, read 630,085 times
Did you happen to watch the debate, if you want to call it that. I could only do about 15-20min of it as it was a timed race of who could speak the fastest. Anyway the only thing Robert could say was Uvalde and the grid. He would try to speak as if he was fluent Mexican/Latino that just learned English. All of you that will vote for him will get just what you got with Biden. Is he even qualified to be a Governor. He was a temporary mayor and a US rep.

There is also this commercial out there with a Hispanic lady talking about her child from Uvalde that speaks perfect English, then when she says Beto, its in a heavy spanish tone. So fake, trying to real in the latino vote. He so badly want to be Mexican. Listen to his speeches as he dramatically jumps up n down

Old 10-07-2022, 09:24 AM

1,787 posts, read 653,750 times
Quote:
High schoolers are not kids! HS age young men can be front-line troops in war zones and have been, they can vote, and they can buy tobacco products. I'm not arguing that their brain is matured though but foundational thoughts/morals have been formed by this time. And let's also be clear that he didn't just write this but dwelt on these thoughts, got pleasure from them, lusted to see them come to fruition.

I'm not desperate for anything. This goes straight to the forming character of the man who is now running for governor of this great state. In doing so EVERYTHING should be known if it is out there as public knowledge. Each individual voter can make their choice. If this is the best the Democrat Party of Texas can throw out there as a gubernatorial candidate it is in a sad state of moral decay too.

This "essay" is very, very, strange and shows no empathy for others and sociopathic thought processes. The fact that you are attempting to normalize it or blow it off is pretty eye popping. If a Republican candidate for the office had written such an demented piece I bet you wouldn't be defending them but rather demonizing them. I'd say you chose party first above all other things!
I dunno. Writing something disturbing at 17 (or thereabouts) is different than doing something disturbing at 17. I’ve read a lot of books and seen a lot of films that were pretty disturbing…..all written by people well over 17. I’m not aware that we have any reason to live in fear of these folks. If one doesn’t like Beto’s politics, I get why one wouldn’t support him….makes sense. I’m not sure I understand judging him on something he just wrote 20+ years ago. But, that’s why we have elections…everyone gets to make up their own mind as to why they do/don’t support someone.

I’m actually not a fan of Beto, but like a number of disaffected Republicans, I’ve turned more to the Democratic Party. I’ll vote for Beto, but it’s far more because I don’t care for Abbot (and Paxton and Patrick) and their MAGA-esqe policies. I can’t imagine Beto will win though…..might be closer than some folks here expect, but seems unlikely he will win to me.

Old 10-07-2022, 09:32 AM

3,502 posts, read 2,215,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmtex View Post
Did you happen to watch the debate, if you want to call it that. I could only do about 15-20min of it as it was a timed race of who could speak the fastest. Anyway the only thing Robert could say was Uvalde and the grid. He would try to speak as if he was fluent Mexican/Latino that just learned English. All of you that will vote for him will get just what you got with Biden. Is he even qualified to be a Governor. He was a temporary mayor and a US rep.

There is also this commercial out there with a Hispanic lady talking about her child from Uvalde that speaks perfect English, then when she says Beto, its in a heavy spanish tone. So fake, trying to real in the latino vote. He so badly want to be Mexican. Listen to his speeches as he dramatically jumps up n down
The debate was doomed to fail from the start because they only got a minute each to give their answers. Terrible format.

Old 10-07-2022, 09:33 AM

3,502 posts, read 2,215,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
I dunno. Writing something disturbing at 17 (or thereabouts) is different than doing something disturbing at 17. I’ve read a lot of books and seen a lot of films that were pretty disturbing…..all written by people well over 17. I’m not aware that we have any reason to live in fear of these folks. If one doesn’t like Beto’s politics, I get why one wouldn’t support him….makes sense. I’m not sure I understand judging him on something he just wrote 20+ years ago. But, that’s why we have elections…everyone gets to make up their own mind as to why they do/don’t support someone.

I’m actually not a fan of Beto, but like a number of disaffected Republicans, I’ve turned more to the Democratic Party. I’ll vote for Beto, but it’s far more because I don’t care for Abbot (and Paxton and Patrick) and their MAGA-esqe policies. I can’t imagine Beto will win though…..might be closer than some folks here expect, but seems unlikely he will win to me.
I think it will be a close race too.

I also don’t like Beto’s policies and will not be supporting him. His writings are not why I won’t be supporting him. They are pretty disturbing though. If he was a republican that would be talked about on the news every day for the next month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas