U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2022, 09:41 AM

1,284 posts, read 627,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
Beto has sociopathic tendencies and past criminal history. Shows where folks are when they say they want to vote for him. I think it's called moral decay.

Here's his essay on his desire to murder children. Nice!

https://wjbo.iheart.com/featured/wal...rder-children/

Yeah he did it as a teen. You know that period when morals are formed . . . or declined !
That is sick and NOT normal! I'd never heard of this before.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2022, 10:03 AM

1,787 posts, read 657,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
I think it will be a close race too.

I also don’t like Beto’s policies and will not be supporting him. His writings are not why I won’t be supporting him. They are pretty disturbing though. If he was a republican that would be talked about on the news every day for the next month.
I’m not suggesting they aren’t disturbing….assuming you and I have read the same thing that seems to be out in the public ether, we are in agreement about their disturbing nature. I think most people would say the same. Obviously, how that translates into one’s comfort with having such an individual in an elected office will differ. Seems like neither you or I really see it as being material…others feel differently. The fact that I don’t see it as material doesn’t make me right….just my opinion based on my “life experience”.

Interesting point about how his writings would be portrayed if he were a Republican. I tend to think you may be mistaken mostly because of when he wrote the piece in question, and how much time has passed since. But, I could be wrong. The most immediate thing that comes to mind which seems to me is relatable is Ohio Congressman Jim Jordan’s involvement with the sex cover up stuff he was purportedly involved in with some high school wrestlers. He’s a Republican, and I really don’t see that being made much of an issue by the Press. Nonetheless, I can’t say you are wrong since Beto isn’t a Republican.

Old 10-07-2022, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
The debate was doomed to fail from the start because they only got a minute each to give their answers. Terrible format.
I didn’t watch the debate. From what you described, it doesn’t seem like a very useful forum helping the voters make an informed decision. I wonder how and why they settled on that limited response format?

Old 10-07-2022, 11:21 AM

985 posts, read 636,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
I didn’t watch the debate. From what you described, it doesn’t seem like a very useful forum helping the voters make an informed decision. I wonder how and why they settled on that limited response format?
It was a min at most. Many 30 seconds. Dont recommend wasting any time watching it

Old 10-07-2022, 11:47 AM

10,719 posts, read 6,110,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
I’m not suggesting they aren’t disturbing….assuming you and I have read the same thing that seems to be out in the public ether, we are in agreement about their disturbing nature. I think most people would say the same. Obviously, how that translates into one’s comfort with having such an individual in an elected office will differ. Seems like neither you or I really see it as being material…others feel differently. The fact that I don’t see it as material doesn’t make me right….just my opinion based on my “life experience”.

Interesting point about how his writings would be portrayed if he were a Republican. I tend to think you may be mistaken mostly because of when he wrote the piece in question, and how much time has passed since. But, I could be wrong. The most immediate thing that comes to mind which seems to me is relatable is Ohio Congressman Jim Jordan’s involvement with the sex cover up stuff he was purportedly involved in with some high school wrestlers. He’s a Republican, and I really don’t see that being made much of an issue by the Press. Nonetheless, I can’t say you are wrong since Beto isn’t a Republican.
Someone’s writings are a direct reflection of how they think as well as how they may feel on certain matters. I don’t immediately condemn such a person or call them a hazard to society, but delivering them to a high ranking political position where their ideals can largely affect the way we live is another matter altogether. That stated the voting system for politicians both Governor and Presidential needs an overhaul on qualifying candidates that are not mentally fit for the job regardless of what party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmtex View Post
It was a min at most. Many 30 seconds. Dont recommend wasting any time watching it
The debate probably had almost no impact on would be voters and their preferences. We are pretty polarized and have a good idea what each party wants.

Old 10-07-2022, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Someone’s writings are a direct reflection of how they think as well as how they may feel on certain matters. I don’t immediately condemn such a person or call them a hazard to society, but delivering them to a high ranking political position where their ideals can largely affect the way we live is another matter altogether. That stated the voting system for politicians both Governor and Presidential needs an overhaul on qualifying candidates that are not mentally fit for the job regardless of what party.

The debate probably had almost no impact on would be voters and their preferences. We are pretty polarized and have a good idea what each party wants.
I understand what you are saying. For me, I’m able to compartmentalize something like Beto’s writing given how long ago it was, it doesn’t seem to be an on-going, continuing “hobby”, and to the best of my knowledge he never acted on any of it. I imagine even if we haven’t written our thoughts down, we’ve all had pretty dark thoughts or ideas in our lives…most of us did nothing, and then we moved on. But I get it….once you put something in writing it does take on a permanence and provides insights (real or imagined) that you might never of had of another person had they not put their thoughts on paper.

Old 10-07-2022, 02:18 PM

7,394 posts, read 4,091,381 times
When Beto ran for president and tried to cater to the progressive base of the Democratic party on the coasts, he murdered any chance of winning a state wide office in Texas. Had he never run for President, this would be a closer race.

Old 10-07-2022, 02:39 PM

10,719 posts, read 6,110,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
When Beto ran for president and tried to cater to the progressive base of the Democratic party on the coasts, he murdered any chance of winning a state wide office in Texas. Had he never run for President, this would be a closer race.
This is probably true. If the democratic party were not so radical they would have a much better chance at winning over Abbott.

Old 10-07-2022, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
This is probably true. If the democratic party were not so radical they would have a much better chance at winning over Abbott.
I’m not very familiar with the Democratic Bench in Texas. Are there any center-left Democrats who you think would be viable candidates for state-wide office? I ask only because, it seems to me like most of the Republicans in office now lean pretty hard right, and all these guys (Abbott, Paxton, and Patrick) all won their primaries pretty handily. In other words, could a more moderate Republican even win a state wide election in Texas these days? Could they even win a Republican primary?

Old 10-07-2022, 05:15 PM

4,253 posts, read 4,917,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcualum View Post
I don't like Beto but I'm really angry with Abbott regarding how he hasn't handled the major energy grid problems. A repeat is inevitable.
It really actually is not, but I assume the news has frightened you to far into anyone changing your mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas