U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2022, 12:22 PM

9,684 posts, read 10,321,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by functionofx View Post
I'm wondering if anyone has experience with HEB, HEB brands and HEB home delivery.

We are about to make an order, but before pushing the button are wondering if anyone has positive or negative experience with this supermarket?

Thanks.
We are equal distance from an HEB and a super walmart. We try to shop HEB as much as possible , much rather support local than not.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2022, 02:07 PM

1,719 posts, read 993,840 times
Thank you all.

I ordered, and of the various things, only the HEB brand Genoa salami seemed off.

Fruit was good, meat was great, on sale items seem reasonably priced, not on sale items seem a bit expensive.

Old 10-28-2022, 07:51 AM

2,383 posts, read 1,817,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by functionofx View Post
Thank you all.

I ordered, and of the various things, only the HEB brand Genoa salami seemed off.

Fruit was good, meat was great, on sale items seem reasonably priced, not on sale items seem a bit expensive.
I think Tom Thumb and Albertsons have better rewards programs. There have been times when I've saved more than $20 through the app shopping via my grocery list and not clipping coupons.

Old 10-28-2022, 09:35 AM

21,084 posts, read 12,689,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcualum View Post
I think Tom Thumb and Albertsons have better rewards programs. There have been times when I've saved more than $20 through the app shopping via my grocery list and not clipping coupons.
I have decided to shop only at Sprouts, Costco and HEB. Kroger is always a mess. They run a digital special but the register does not know it. SO that .99 product that I bought 6 of is really 1.50 each. Or another trip back to Kroger.

Kroger in Houston hired a former manager from HEB to be the regional manager for the Houston are. They have discontinued their flyer in the mail. They send am email see our this week ad and it is BB&B ads. Now people will have to scroll through 100 of products. It is a total PITA.

Some thing are higher, some are cheaper at HEB.

The HEB brand just depends on what it is. The bakery is better than Kroger. Kroger has better beef.

Old 11-02-2022, 01:30 PM

7,802 posts, read 9,398,869 times
OK stores, and most of their brand name stuff is good. But I don't seem to be as enamorant of them as everyone else. They are basically a monopoly in a lot of the state, so many people have no choice. I have found they they are really, really bad about keeping / having items in stock. Yes, I know...supply chain issues. But this was the case long before COVID and supply chain problems. Now it's just worse. And HEB seems to suffer from more supply chain issues than their competitors.

They also tend to just stop carrying name brand products in favor of their own brand. So if you like a particular brand, or in my case have food allergies in your house and CAN'T eat HEB's brand because of it, you are just out of luck. And again, many places / people don't have the option of just going to a different store to but the brand they need.

Old 11-02-2022, 01:47 PM

10,084 posts, read 18,504,192 times
I love their HEB brand cookies -- especially the Cowboy cookies. Gotta try them!

Old 11-02-2022, 09:16 PM

294 posts, read 112,910 times
I prefer Wally World over HEB due to saving money.

Old 11-02-2022, 09:33 PM

3,502 posts, read 2,230,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
OK stores, and most of their brand name stuff is good. But I don't seem to be as enamorant of them as everyone else. They are basically a monopoly in a lot of the state, so many people have no choice.
Agreed!!

Old 11-02-2022, 09:34 PM

3,502 posts, read 2,230,468 times
Same reason I don't like wal mart or amazon. They have killed more small businesses than any tax or politician ever could.

Old 11-02-2022, 09:35 PM

19,454 posts, read 11,590,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
I love HEB store brand coffee, beans, and tomatoes. The store-made Mexican pastries are also very good.
I like their coffee also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: