U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-07-2022, 10:33 PM
 
Location: DFW
6,022 posts, read 5,032,349 times
Reputation: 5869

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
He keeps getting re-elected because he has a “R” next to his name in Texas. The sheep don’t care about Republican Party candidate quality as long as it’s not a “liberal, socialist Demon-crat”.
It's a shame we can't remove the party affiliation from ballots. I'm sure most voters wouldn't be able to determine who belongs to which party based on name alone because they just look for the letter in parentheses and didn't bother to do any research.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-07-2022, 10:35 PM
 
16,393 posts, read 14,830,360 times
Reputation: 14781
Quote:
Originally Posted by blameyourself View Post
Yep, but no need to attempt to talk any sense into him.
Thanks Mr. 39 million.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2022, 10:39 PM
 
16,393 posts, read 14,830,360 times
Reputation: 14781
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
It's a shame we can't remove the party affiliation from ballots. I'm sure most voters wouldn't be able to determine who belongs to which party based on name alone because they just look for the letter in parentheses and didn't bother to do any research.
Nonsense.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2022, 11:02 PM
 
Location: Texas
1,414 posts, read 1,383,176 times
Reputation: 2027
Paxton is a Criminal and an ass kisser of the NRA he’s still in action because of Texas right wing business associations. Ethics don’t matter to them, just looking a bit ethical & having Capitalism be their true God .
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2022, 11:24 PM
 
16,393 posts, read 14,830,360 times
Reputation: 14781
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy View Post
Paxton is a Criminal and an ass kisser of the NRA he’s still in action because of Texas right wing business associations. Ethics don’t matter to them, just looking a bit ethical & having Capitalism be their true God .
Channeling Bill Ayers?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2022, 02:23 AM
 
1,072 posts, read 345,654 times
Reputation: 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Thanks Mr. 39 million.
That's 330 million to you and your point is still ridiculous. Picking low hanging fruit and retired Supreme Court justices isn't going to validate it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2022, 02:34 AM
 
1,072 posts, read 345,654 times
Reputation: 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
You are just moving the goalposts. The point is many liberals do want to abolish or gut the 2A/confiscate guns. That's what the guy's point was.


And per the Australia things............man you are hung up on that. I'm so in your head I'll have to start paying rent soon.

Enjoy the pain tomorrow.
And the point is laughable. It's not about a bunch of people that want to abolish it, it's about who's in power to do it. Sorry you're so caught up in your fear mongering that you can't seem to figure this out.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2022, 08:17 AM
 
1,113 posts, read 365,601 times
Reputation: 2523
There is no way anyone in state power is going to take away our guns. First the 2nd protects its, 2nd there are just way to many guns out there, 3rd there is no way to know who has guns, how many and what type and last the sheriffs or local police wont even try to get them. Nope wont happen - ever.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2022, 08:35 AM
 
7,804 posts, read 9,398,869 times
Reputation: 14394
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
He keeps getting re-elected because he has a “R” next to his name in Texas. The sheep don’t care about Republican Party candidate quality as long as it’s not a “liberal, socialist Demon-crat”.
But how did he even make it past the primaries? I get that people will vote R in the actual election, but there were 3 other people on the primary ballot, all R, and none of whom are under criminal indictment, and somehow Republicans though he was the best one????
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2022, 08:41 AM
 
1,072 posts, read 345,654 times
Reputation: 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
But how did he even make it past the primaries? I get that people will vote R in the actual election, but there were 3 other people on the primary ballot, all R, and none of whom are under criminal indictment, and somehow Republicans though he was the best one????
Yep, my question exactly (thanks for stating that). You can still vote in someone else in the same party. At some point, you would think people would have some standards.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:28 PM.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top