U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where will Texas' population max out?
40+ million 9 26.47%
50+ million 15 44.12%
60+ million 10 29.41%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2022, 03:51 AM

987 posts, read 318,852 times

Advertisements

Texas will add 5 million people by 2030. The majority of those will come from high COL areas. Most people that have lived here for the last 30 years will be priced out by property tax increases and move to greener pastures. The ones that move here will be driving Teslas and throwing money around like it's going out of style, making the state vastly unaffordable. No one will care about religion and gun ownership will drop into the minority causing the extremists to jump off of buildings. Signs will be posted to watch out for falling objects. People will look at you sideways if you use the word "Y'all" as that will no longer be acceptable. The common greeting will be "wha's up". Elon Musk will be the new mayor of Austin, giving tax breaks to all technology companies. The average commute time will be one hour on a good day. Communities will be densely populated with most people living in 1000 sf studio apartments. Sushi restaurants will overtake BBQ joints in popularity. The pug will be the new state dog Finally, the Dallas Cowboys will still not have won another Superbowl, but it won't matter as Jerry Jones will have dementia and will keep repeating that they just won one and Jimmy Johnson is his coach

That's the way I see it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2022, 12:51 PM

3,201 posts, read 1,450,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blameyourself View Post
Texas will add 5 million people by 2030. The majority of those will come from high COL areas. Most people that have lived here for the last 30 years will be priced out by property tax increases and move to greener pastures. The ones that move here will be driving Teslas and throwing money around like it's going out of style, making the state vastly unaffordable. No one will care about religion and gun ownership will drop into the minority causing the extremists to jump off of buildings. Signs will be posted to watch out for falling objects. People will look at you sideways if you use the word "Y'all" as that will no longer be acceptable. The common greeting will be "wha's up". Elon Musk will be the new mayor of Austin, giving tax breaks to all technology companies. The average commute time will be one hour on a good day. Communities will be densely populated with most people living in 1000 sf studio apartments. Sushi restaurants will overtake BBQ joints in popularity. The pug will be the new state dog Finally, the Dallas Cowboys will still not have won another Superbowl, but it won't matter as Jerry Jones will have dementia and will keep repeating that they just won one and Jimmy Johnson is his coach

That's the way I see it.
That last part was hilarious! Anyway, I live in the Killeen/Temple area and there's already some people from Austin who moved up here because they could no longer afford living there. I'm looking for that to accelerate over time.

Old 11-18-2022, 02:50 PM

12,148 posts, read 11,794,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
Monterrey is definitely more progressive and an actual city with industry when compared to anything on the Texas border on either side. They actually get international concerts/entertainment with their newer 1st world arenas/stadiums. Terrain is also more varied and interesting to than anything along the Texas border. If I could continue to earn dollars and pick any of these areas, it's likely Monterrey.
Good lawd!
Monterrey sure has changed since I & my family lived there 60+ years ago!

Old 11-18-2022, 02:52 PM

12,148 posts, read 11,794,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/as-w...it-40-million/

Says Texas will likely hit 40 million by 2049. I think it'll do so before then.
Well, I’d be 105 then. So it looks like y’all will have to deal with it.

Old 11-19-2022, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Well, I’d be 105 then. So it looks like y’all will have to deal with it.
I'll be 81 then. I can barely stand people now so I'll be a hermit by 2049, lol!

Old 11-28-2022, 02:00 PM

850 posts, read 536,391 times
With Texas' lower taxes and cost of living and the rise in work from home jobs, there are still vast areas of Texas that have little to no population, that are targets for housing developments.

Old 11-28-2022, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRoadkill View Post
With Texas' lower taxes and cost of living and the rise in work from home jobs, there are still vast areas of Texas that have little to no population, that are targets for housing developments.
Also the midsize cities like Amarillo, Lubbock, Tyler etc will become even more desirable once the big cities aren't as popular.

Old 12-02-2022, 12:08 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,602,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Also the midsize cities like Amarillo, Lubbock, Tyler etc will become even more desirable once the big cities aren't as popular.
Doubt that will ever be a thing. There will only be a small percentage of people who would move to these areas to get away from the Texas big cities.

The amenities provided by the big cities can't be matched in those smaller ones. If people in central Dallas are wanting for more space, they will simply move to one of the burbs. They won't be moving to Amarillo. You get the small city feel in the burbs, but you still have the convenience of being in one of the top 10 metros and all the benefits that come with it (like being a hop, skip and jump away from one of the biggest airports in the world).

Plus, the major metros still have craploads of more room. The metros can triple in population and so not be as dense as the LA urban area. That would be an additional 30M people to Texas in Houston and DFW alone. The major drawback would definitely be that they would have to get more serious on effective public transit.

Old 12-02-2022, 12:26 PM

8,134 posts, read 4,545,594 times
If the idea that The global population will start to decrease in the coming decade is true, that will affect the future of the population of Texas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas