U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2022, 06:50 PM

3,328 posts, read 1,527,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilsn3r View Post
I see you have NO issues with the Uvalde shooter and other shooters turning 18, mentally unstable with a desire to go kill elementary school kids, freely able to buy semi-autos with 1000's of rounds, posting on social media about killing people and doing it, then you just sit back and talk about how great it is to have guns to stop mass shooters while you actually did nothing but squat on your toilet while Robb Elem. kids were killed. And your dear Abbott makes excuses for the 100+ cops also just squating around and doing nothing while one of the kids repeatedly calls 911.

Look up Massachusetts guns laws, Q. Age restriction, and requirement to interview with the local police for 15-30 minutes if looking to buy a semi-auto. Any clean 21 year old can buy a semi-auto (including AR15s) if they pass the interview and other background checks. Will it prevent all mass shootings? No. Will it prevent some mass shootings, yes.

Why is TX leading in mass shootings, and not MA, Q? People have AR15s in MA.
Texas has a much higher population than MA, and millions more illegals than MA. You figure it out.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2022, 07:49 PM

512 posts, read 232,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
And after the SCOTUS rebuke on the very similar New York gun laws, Massachusetts will likely see their law slapped down, too. Fighting to defend an unconstitutional state law is always a waste of taxpayer money.

What’s the liberal fascination with semi-auto weapons? It’s still one round per trigger pull. I guess y’all want everyone to use revolvers and bolt-action rifles?
And what's the right wing fascination with wanting to let anyone buy semi autos to go kill ”dirty Mexicans" in El Paso or kids in Uvalde while hundreds of police just stand by and do nothing?

I guess you want racists and mentally ill people to easily buy guns to murder anyone who is not white and kids. Stay proud!

Last edited by Pilsn3r; 11-08-2022 at 08:03 PM..

Old 11-08-2022, 07:52 PM

512 posts, read 232,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
Texas has a much higher population than MA, and millions more illegals than MA. You figure it out.

Bob is that you? Taking on a new screen name?

Old 11-08-2022, 08:40 PM

19,859 posts, read 10,584,892 times
Sorry, voted for Abbot. Despite any and all his faults, he's a lot better than some guy who will say anything to get into office and openly disarm the populace.

Let me explain to you what just the AR-15 is. It is a unified rifle of civilian fire power. It has been around for decades, it is made by many, the parts are interchangeable, more or less, and the supply line for those parts, for its ammo is very well stocked, well developed. We have a gun that thousands, if not hundreds of thousands know how to use and if they don't, it is very easy to learn. We have unified firing patterns. In short, it is probably fair to say that the AR-15 makes the civilian population one of the largest armies in the world.......an army to remind those in government the limitations of their power.

Now, we have those around who want to ban the -15 for any of a number of reasons. One of the interesting things I have seen in these recent elections is the charge that one side is trying to push the country back 50 years. Well, that may be true but what no one is saying is that the other side wants to push back civilian firepower back 60 years and more. It is not just the firepower of the rifle but essentially, it is like Von Steuben and the Revolutionary Army. Before Von Steuben, it was a rabble but afterwards, a decent fighting force. Get rid of the -15 and the civilian response will be a mess........and I think the other side knows that and will lie and cheat to achieve that goal.

So far, one good thing about Abbot is that he is rather open in what he does. Can't say that about the other side.

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 11-08-2022 at 08:57 PM..

Old 11-08-2022, 09:48 PM

2,986 posts, read 5,192,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilsn3r View Post
Bob is that you? Taking on a new screen name?
Not me. No need to hide behind another name. I'm staying away from this forum more than in previous years. Y'all are not worth arguing with and it's tedious getting posts deleted.

I'd be OK with an age restriction of 21 for semi auto centerfire rifles/carbines capable of taking 20 round or greater magazines.

FTR, both my sons didn't get their first AR until they were 21 but both also got their concealed carry license the same month they turned 21. Neither have assaulted anyone with their firearms. They have owned their own firearms since they were 12.

Congrats to Governor Greg Abbott on winning another term. Although he is not a favorite elected official of mine I much preferred him over the unstable criminal psychopath, RF O'Rourke.

Old 11-08-2022, 09:50 PM

1,011 posts, read 335,433 times
Complete wipe out of beto

Old 11-08-2022, 10:04 PM

2,986 posts, read 5,192,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Sorry, voted for Abbot. Despite any and all his faults, he's a lot better than some guy who will say anything to get into office and openly disarm the populace.

Let me explain to you what just the AR-15 is. It is a unified rifle of civilian fire power. It has been around for decades, it is made by many, the parts are interchangeable, more or less, and the supply line for those parts, for its ammo is very well stocked, well developed. We have a gun that thousands, if not hundreds of thousands know how to use and if they don't, it is very easy to learn. We have unified firing patterns. In short, it is probably fair to say that the AR-15 makes the civilian population one of the largest armies in the world.......an army to remind those in government the limitations of their power.

Now, we have those around who want to ban the -15 for any of a number of reasons. One of the interesting things I have seen in these recent elections is the charge that one side is trying to push the country back 50 years. Well, that may be true but what no one is saying is that the other side wants to push back civilian firepower back 60 years and more. It is not just the firepower of the rifle but essentially, it is like Von Steuben and the Revolutionary Army. Before Von Steuben, it was a rabble but afterwards, a decent fighting force. Get rid of the -15 and the civilian response will be a mess........and I think the other side knows that and will lie and cheat to achieve that goal.

So far, one good thing about Abbot is that he is rather open in what he does. Can't say that about the other side.
Good post TS, You are a sheepdog, don't waste your fingers explaining your most excellent post to the sheep. They won't understand any of it nor the risk of the wolves.

Old 11-08-2022, 10:07 PM

1,299 posts, read 920,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
I’m a gun owner but I never understood this reasoning. This sounds like some kind of alcohol-soaked fantasy. The government is not scared of some diabetic Texans who want to keep them “in check”, when they could easily vaporize us from 70,000 feet. When kids are brought up believing this rubbish it’s just a matter of time before the next crazy one goes astray and carries out the next mass shooting.

Old 11-08-2022, 11:08 PM

10,676 posts, read 6,025,445 times
Interesting thing for this election…

Beto technically received significantly more votes than Gavin Newsom (who won California again) but was still out-voted in Texas by a fair margin.

Georgia is definitely still a red state despite the state voting Biden in during the presidential election.

Last edited by Need4Camaro; 11-08-2022 at 11:19 PM..

Old 11-08-2022, 11:40 PM

8,071 posts, read 4,508,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Interesting thing for this election…

Beto technically received significantly more votes than Gavin Newsom (who won California again) but was still out-voted in Texas by a fair margin.

Georgia is definitely still a red state despite the state voting Biden in during the presidential election.
Georgia was heavily gerrymandered in favor of Republicans. I don't think this tells the whole story.

Since I know it will be brought up, no I'm not saying that republicans are alone in gerrymandering. Both sides do it when they have the chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas