U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-09-2022, 04:54 PM
 
284 posts, read 184,848 times
Reputation: 351

Advertisements

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/po...9-3ee949b5831e
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-09-2022, 04:57 PM
 
3,501 posts, read 2,202,453 times
Reputation: 3354
Nice!

So as of now it is decriminalized in the following cities: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Austin, Fort Worth, Denton.

I am a correct on this? Are there any other cities? Is it completely decriminalized in any of these counties or is it just in the big cities that make up most of the county population?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2022, 05:24 PM
 
1,016 posts, read 337,014 times
Reputation: 2355
unless you get popped by tdps that is or fish and game.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2022, 05:41 PM
 
2,787 posts, read 1,586,539 times
Reputation: 3283
This is something that is making the state look behind the times on.

Oklahoma, the Dakotas and Utah have medical Marijuana programs and Texas doesn't? Texas, along with Idaho, Nebraska and Kansas, are the only states without at least some comprehensive medical Cannabis law west if the Mississippi.

It is legal in 22 states recreationally. Texas wants to put on big state pants but still has some small state, speed trap mentality.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2022, 06:05 PM
 
Location: Unplugged from the matrix
4,532 posts, read 2,391,454 times
Reputation: 4762
Quote:
Originally Posted by atadytic19 View Post
This is something that is making the state look behind the times on.

Oklahoma, the Dakotas and Utah have medical Marijuana programs and Texas doesn't? Texas, along with Idaho, Nebraska and Kansas, are the only states without at least some comprehensive medical Cannabis law west if the Mississippi.

It is legal in 22 states recreationally. Texas wants to put on big state pants but still has some small state, speed trap mentality.
Texas also gets played politically since it's the largest reliable red state and a direct counter to California. If Texas makes medical marijuana legal (or better, recreational) then super conservatives wont have any clout. As it stands now though, unless you're in a rural red county, cops likely wont do anything other than ticket and/or destory if they find personal amounts. Weed is just more accepted nowadays and many of these cops now grew up hitting the blunt before hitting the academy.

But the dealers I know like how it is now in the cities. Still have their market but if they get caught the penalty is far less.

Last edited by DabOnEm; 11-09-2022 at 06:15 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2022, 06:13 PM
 
926 posts, read 299,641 times
Reputation: 1002
Good for Denton for getting into the 21st Century

And a shout out to Maryland and Missouri for passing laws for recreational use last night.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2022, 06:47 PM
 
2,787 posts, read 1,586,539 times
Reputation: 3283
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
Texas also gets played politically since it's the largest reliable red state and a direct counter to California. If Texas makes medical marijuana legal (or better, recreational) then super conservatives wont have any clout. As it stands now though, unless you're in a rural red county, cops likely wont do anything other than ticket and/or destory if they find personal amounts. Weed is just more accepted nowadays and many of these cops now grew up hitting the blunt before hitting the academy.

But the dealers I know like how it is now in the cities. Still have their market but if they get caught the penalty is far less.
Texas is being out-Texased by Florida. Abbott has nothing on DeSantis, and yet even Florida has legalized Medical Cannabis. Even Mississippi and Alabama approved Medical Cannabis exceptions.

Seems like Cannabis isn't holding back DeSantis in having conservative clout, I'm not sure what clout Texas is getting by being the last holdout on this issue.

It's all well and good to have an issue to run on, but this ain't it. If you are on the right of Mississippi, Alabama, Utah, The Dakotas, Louisiana, Arkansas on this issue what does not letting go of it get you?

Even Montana of all places has legalized recreational weed.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2022, 06:48 PM
 
1,016 posts, read 337,014 times
Reputation: 2355
Under a oz is just a ticket is it not? Thats almost legal. If got the bucks to buy a $100 bag then you can afford a ticket.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2022, 06:54 PM
 
2,787 posts, read 1,586,539 times
Reputation: 3283
Quote:
Originally Posted by done working View Post
Under a oz is just a ticket is it not? Thats almost legal. If got the bucks to buy a $100 bag then you can afford a ticket.
Ridiculous reasoning.
By that theory if you are rich enough to buy a car then you are rich enough to pay a $100 ticket just for driving.

Why should the price of the ticket matter for doing something that is legal or that there are exemptions for in like 40 other states?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2022, 06:57 PM
 
Location: Unplugged from the matrix
4,532 posts, read 2,391,454 times
Reputation: 4762
Quote:
Originally Posted by atadytic19 View Post
Texas is being out-Texased by Florida. Abbott has nothing on DeSantis, and yet even Florida has legalized Medical Cannabis. Even Mississippi and Alabama approved Medical Cannabis exceptions.

Seems like Cannabis isn't holding back DeSantis in having conservative clout, I'm not sure what clout Texas is getting by being the last holdout on this issue.

It's all well and good to have an issue to run on, but this ain't it. If you are on the right of Mississippi, Alabama, Utah, The Dakotas, Louisiana, Arkansas on this issue what does not letting go of it get you?

Even Montana of all places has legalized recreational weed.
I agree and I think it's that Texas has more religious right than Florida or Montana. It doesnt make sense to me which is wht I think it's the last big holdout for folks against legalizing.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas

All times are GMT -6.

¬© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top