U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2022, 12:24 PM

3,502 posts, read 2,212,235 times

Advertisements

I get the sense the military feel might be more in the suburbs than in the actual city, when it comes to San Antonio.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2022, 02:28 PM

9,625 posts, read 12,346,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
I get the sense the military feel might be more in the suburbs than in the actual city, when it comes to San Antonio.
Ehh. I lived in SA from 1988 until 2015. I got more of a military vibe IN the city compared to the suburbs. It over runs the professional culture, in my experience. I very clearly remember getting the side eye when in meetings in the non-profit world when I denied having any military affiliation. It’s NEVER brought up in Austin.

Old 11-13-2022, 03:44 PM

511 posts, read 234,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Lots of people have recommended that place to me and I still haven’t went. I need to check it out

Any recommendations for when I go?
Goat chops for sure, and just go multiple times to try different items.

Old 11-13-2022, 05:07 PM

479 posts, read 317,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Ehh. I lived in SA from 1988 until 2015. I got more of a military vibe IN the city compared to the suburbs. It over runs the professional culture, in my experience. I very clearly remember getting the side eye when in meetings in the non-profit world when I denied having any military affiliation. It’s NEVER brought up in Austin.
Maybe we could say SA is the largest military town in the US.

Old 11-13-2022, 06:20 PM

3,502 posts, read 2,212,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
The city has grown a ton, I wonder if it is fading. Honestly, I go long stretches of time without even thinking about the fact we are so “military affiliated”.

Old 11-13-2022, 08:48 PM

9,625 posts, read 12,346,361 times
Still felt the military vibes when I was there this past weekend. It hasn’t changed. Especially at H-E-B with the MEGA ask to donate to veteran’s related non-profits throughout the store. I know it was Veteran’s day, but there was zero mention of it at the stores up here. This could just be my perception though. And this could be a plus for OP, we don’t know.

Old Today, 07:50 AM

1 posts
Default Houston Weather much better than Austin

Yes, moving from the cold would be a top reason for me. The further south you are the less likely it is the cold will catch up with you. I'm not going to lie, sometimes it can get cold here too. So far this winter its beet below freezing only once for about a day but then it was back in the mid 70s. Low temps right now are 40-60. I start my garden after Feb 15 for one of the longest growing seasons in the country.

Wife is a real estate agent. Let us know the next time you're in town and we can show you around.

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas