U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-13-2022, 08:18 PM
 
3,502 posts, read 2,232,351 times
Reputation: 3364

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastletonSnob1 View Post
“Democrats shouldn’t abandon Rural Texans! They deserve to be heard too!”.

Forgive me if I’m a bit skeptical of rural Texans’ ability to make good voting decisions after seeing that Uvalde County overwhelmingly voted for Abbott.
Uvalde has always been a conservative county, not sure why people are shocked.
Rate this post positively

 
Old 11-14-2022, 07:02 AM
 
21,090 posts, read 12,689,356 times
Reputation: 11409
The Tribune informs us that only 45% of the 17,000,000 registered Texans voted.

Wonder how many are eligible to be registered but are not?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-14-2022, 10:11 AM
 
3,502 posts, read 2,232,351 times
Reputation: 3364
I would be one of them.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-14-2022, 12:26 PM
 
799 posts, read 905,108 times
Reputation: 1212
CORRECTION


FAR RIGHT and FAR LEFT factions of Texas' Republican and Democrat parties are:


INCOMPETENT
TONE DEATH/ OUT OF TOUCH
COUNTER PRODUCTIVE
MASTERS AT GRANDSTANDING
DOING MORE HARM THAN GOOD FOR OUR STATE
IMMATURE
BITTER


I could go on and on!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-15-2022, 09:25 AM
 
Location: Round Rock, Texas
12,177 posts, read 11,848,425 times
Reputation: 12676
Quote:
Originally Posted by H'ton View Post
CORRECTION


FAR RIGHT and FAR LEFT factions of Texas' Republican and Democrat parties are:


INCOMPETENT
TONE DEATH/ OUT OF TOUCH
COUNTER PRODUCTIVE
MASTERS AT GRANDSTANDING
DOING MORE HARM THAN GOOD FOR OUR STATE
IMMATURE
BITTER


I could go on and on!
Where do I send my $9.95 to subscribe to your newsletter?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-15-2022, 09:36 AM
 
Location: Houston
5,159 posts, read 4,051,406 times
Reputation: 4132
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
A solid number within the Democratic Party are socialists. Modern socialists moved past Marx definition of state ownership about 125 years ago. There is no need for state ownership when regulations, taxes*- income, property, death etc., squelching speech, equality over merit at all times, redistribution, poor public schools etc. etc. accomplish the same with less fanfare.


*In his manifesto Marx included progressive income taxes, penalize the productive, and state control of K-12 as two of his planks along the road to communism.


__________


How many socialized areas/socialistic ideas within life must one support before the label fits?
And just as the Republicans tolerated election deniers, the Democrats are tolerating inflation deniers - those who insist that the massive federal spending packages since spring 2020 had nothing to do with the surge in inflation, despite the "science" strongly indicating that it did (not exclusively, but at least in part). The inflation deniers also insist that the feds way way underspent on pandemic relief and of course way way underspend on social welfare year in and year out. Why are those folks allowed anywhere near discussions of economic policy?

To be clear, election denial is more immediately worse than inflation denial - but the latter is bad enough that it justifies the righteous exclusion of those Democrats from policy discussions. Hopefully Texas Dems are few and far between in that crowd.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-15-2022, 04:11 PM
 
17,346 posts, read 23,532,256 times
Reputation: 15851
I believe inflation was created by all the COVID checks sent by Trump and Biden
am I an inflation denier?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-15-2022, 04:24 PM
 
Location: Houston
5,159 posts, read 4,051,406 times
Reputation: 4132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I believe inflation was created by all the COVID checks sent by Trump and Biden
am I an inflation denier?
Obviously, no.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-15-2022, 04:41 PM
 
3,502 posts, read 2,232,351 times
Reputation: 3364
Inflation deniers would be the people denying that there is any inflation going on.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-15-2022, 06:00 PM
 
3,621 posts, read 5,339,572 times
Reputation: 5091
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
A solid number within the Democratic Party are socialists. Modern socialists moved past Marx definition of state ownership about 125 years ago. There is no need for state ownership when regulations, taxes*- income, property, death etc., squelching speech, equality over merit at all times, redistribution, poor public schools etc. etc. accomplish the same with less fanfare.


*In his manifesto Marx included progressive income taxes, penalize the productive, and state control of K-12 as two of his planks along the road to communism.



How many socialized areas/socialistic ideas within life must one support before the label fits?


Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:56 PM.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top