Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2022, 11:20 AM

3,069 posts, read 8,411,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
I think it's strange the Dairy Queen's here sell hot dogs. I don't believe the Texas ones have any hotdogs on the menu at least not that I can remember.

LOL, seasonal Dairy Queens. That's a first.

They used to sell dogs here at least when the two guys were in the DQ commercials. The two guys even had a commercial for their super duper everything dogs. I have not been to DQ in 2 decades. Of course I won't go to any fast food place and haven't for 2 decades and with restaurants I am very picky. Don't like having boogers in my food!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2022, 12:53 PM

5,580 posts, read 6,504,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by escanlan View Post
The original version the singer appeared to have more bass in his voice. This one sounds like someone was squeezing his gonads as he sang.
LOL! Glad you can corroborate what I was talking about. That is what I meant by a strong, sexy voice. He DID have more bass in his voice in the version I fell in love with.

Old 11-19-2022, 06:01 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,004,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
I fell in love with the singer of the "DQ, that's what I like about Tex-as" singer when I first head the song. Strong voice, sexy voice. A couple weeks ago I was at a small town festival that rotated acts on the stage. One of them took credit for writing the song that was reworked into the DQ song. He sang his composition, and he DEFINITELY was NOT the singer of he DQ song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EZSFOApBwA

ETA: listening to it here it somehow doesn't sound quite the same as it did on my TV back in 2014. But I like the jingle anyway even now. Someone wrote in the comments of this video the singer's name and where he lives. The comment was from only 2 months ago.
Man what a deal that was back then!

Old 11-19-2022, 06:02 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,004,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by escanlan View Post
They used to sell dogs here at least when the two guys were in the DQ commercials. The two guys even had a commercial for their super duper everything dogs. I have not been to DQ in 2 decades. Of course I won't go to any fast food place and haven't for 2 decades and with restaurants I am very picky. Don't like having boogers in my food!
Are you thinking of sonic?

Old 11-19-2022, 09:29 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,024,092 times
Quote:
I think it's strange the Dairy Queen's here sell hot dogs. I don't believe the Texas ones have any hotdogs on the menu at least not that I can remember.

They sell chili dogs. Does that count?

Old 11-20-2022, 06:21 AM

4,843 posts, read 3,270,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
Ha. When we lived in Bangor, Maine there was a Dairy queen there that was on one of the fast food main drags. Our first winter their I got to hankerin' for a dip cone so we went by the DQ and low and behold . . . they close for the winter. Guess folks don't want cold treats in the winter there. We never went back there but were there (on the same road) a few weeks back and they were open. We went for a lobster roll across the street.

I never eat hot prepared food at DQ anymore. Probably haven't in 25 years. I'll stop in for a cold treat occasionally. Never choose them when on an out-of-state road trip.
The DQ in Nebraska City is 'treats, no eats' year 'round... or at least it was the one time I went in there maybe a couple years ago. Judging from the milk shake I ordered, it's probably best they don't try cooking anything.

Old 11-20-2022, 10:36 AM

11,853 posts, read 26,868,308 times
DQ quality varies widely between locations. I’ve had some where the food is good, and others where even the ice cream is awful.

Old 11-20-2022, 08:02 PM

3,069 posts, read 8,411,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
Are you thinking of sonic?

My bad, you're right! Don't watch much TV so for me commercials are always old ones. LOL

Old 11-24-2022, 07:04 AM

1,080 posts, read 1,112,260 times
Quote:

This was true where I grew up in Wyoming as well. That DQ isn’t there anymore, but back when it was still there it closed for the winter.

Old 11-27-2022, 01:14 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,336,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
DQ quality varies widely between locations. I’ve had some where the food is good, and others where even the ice cream is awful.
Same here.
Our nearby DQ is very good, fortunately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: