Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 07:33 AM

2 posts, read 7,674 times

Advertisements

My parents drove cross country last summer and my Dad bought this Cherry Jelly that he loved at a store in Fredericksburg, TX. I have searched the net and cannot find the store it might have come from. I know they have a website cause I remember seeing it on the jar, but ya think he kept it?! haha.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 07:51 AM

15,268 posts, read 35,622,212 times
There is a place on the south side of the highway that sells all sorts of jellies, but I cannot think of the name of it either...it sells cactus jelly, too, which can actually be quite good....

Didn't see Cherry on these, but they might have it....
Meier Ranch Foods Texas Jellies Jams Jalapeno Jelly Wild Salsa Barbecue Sauce Rubs Spicy Foods (http://www.meierranchfoods.com/mall/texas-wild-jams-and-jellies.asp - broken link)
Homepage - Fischer & Wieser Specialty Foods - makers of award winning gourmet sauces, jams, jellies and more

Old 05-29-2008, 08:00 AM

3,702 posts, read 18,209,779 times
Was it preserves or jelly? If you like cherry preserves, you can get some here: Jefferson General Store - Jefferson, TX - Visit us in Beautiful Jefferson, Texas
I love this store, when I make the trip there I generally love to get their nut butters, especially the pecan ameretto honey butter...yum!

Old 05-29-2008, 08:08 AM

2 posts, read 7,674 times
Default Poltracker

Do you know if this store lets you sample everything? I remember him saying you could sample all the different sauces, jam, jellies, etc.
Thanks

Old 05-29-2008, 10:57 AM

20 posts, read 112,598 times
I think its actually a little general store in Johnson City, outside of Fredricksburg. I want to say its something like Whittington, I think I have something at home that says the name. Let me check!

Old 05-29-2008, 11:03 AM

20 posts, read 112,598 times
Yep, I looked online and it is Whittington's General store, the specialize in jerky but you can go in and taste test them all. Their webpage is Whittington's Jerky - traditional mesquite smoked beef & turkey jerky and more Texas foods and for cherry you have to click on their expanded fruit preserved list on their online store. Happy eating!

Old 05-29-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshia78 View Post
Do you know if this store lets you sample everything? I remember him saying you could sample all the different sauces, jam, jellies, etc.
Thanks
The store I listed is actually in Jefferson (NE TX) but yes, they let you sample everything and have the best hand-made pralines and candy counter around. I make the trip to that store to get a fresh stock every time I go up to visit relatives.

Old 05-29-2008, 05:26 PM

99 posts, read 310,755 times
Default Jefferson, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poltracker View Post
Was it preserves or jelly? If you like cherry preserves, you can get some here: Jefferson General Store - Jefferson, TX - Visit us in Beautiful Jefferson, Texas
I love this store, when I make the trip there I generally love to get their nut butters, especially the pecan ameretto honey butter...yum!

Yes, Jefferson General Store has so many different things and the Blackburns Jelly and syrup are great! About 15 miles from my place! Jefferson is the Bed n Breakfast Capital of Texas.

Old 05-30-2008, 07:10 AM

Yes, I always hit the Blackburn's outlet store there as well. They make the absolute best sugar-free syrups, great for my diabetic dad and friend.

Old 05-30-2008, 07:11 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,839,259 times
actually I think Fredericksburg would be the b/b capital of TX and San Antonio a close second...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas