Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 03:11 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,954,930 times

Advertisements

There is a burger place like that up near Portland someplace too.. its an airstrip and a restaurant.. Those are becoming quite popular I see.. This guy would be smart to do the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 03:27 PM

262 posts, read 781,834 times
Default 100 dollar burgers

Muhnay,
It just might. If he is NOT a JERK, and he wants someone to run the operations of the airstrip, I'm his gal. Brie

Old 09-24-2007, 08:22 PM

14 posts, read 51,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorcraftbc65 View Post
Muhnay,
It just might. If he is NOT a JERK, and he wants someone to run the operations of the airstrip, I'm his gal. Brie
But can they lower the price of the burgers?

Old 09-27-2007, 01:49 AM
ECO

2 posts, read 11,569 times
Smile Greetings from H-Town

Hi Brie:

I feel blessed to have found a forum that is dedicated solely to Cornudas, TX. We purchased property from Sunset Ranches about three years ago; it has been about three years since I’ve been there. Our property lies across the highway from where Mae Carson had her diner.

I feel blessed to have met Mae too. She invited our group into her mobile home and showed us around. She was interested in selling the property at that time; however, we did not have the resources or investors to purchase it. She also let us see the peaceful refuge she had at the back of her home. This was a gazebo filled with a variety of plants and there was a small waterfall built inside. I inquired about the trees around her home. She told me that she planted them all. She stated that she used to drive trucks for a living when one day she came upon Cornudas. You probably know the rest of the story. Anyway, this is how it happened as I remember it.

I will definitely stay tuned to this forum. I actually thought some big development were about to happen (I was excited about property values going up) when Jerry Wallace came to town. I must admit that I like rural too but I also like my property value to increase. I guess this is what they call having the cake and eating it too. I cannot visualize any development in Cornudas unless new businesses are built; they will bring work. Work will bring people; people will bring revenue. As you already know, a major issue is infrastructure. In any case, I am patient; we will see what develops.

Brie, are you a resident of Cornudas? It is true that there are only six families that live in Cornudas?

Last edited by ECO; 09-27-2007 at 02:01 AM.. Reason: Fonts

Old 09-27-2007, 02:53 AM
ECO

2 posts, read 11,569 times
Question Green Anyone?

Blusteel:

Hudspeth County will become a major player in solar and windpower. This was a vision that I had about 3 1/2 years ago.

For our development, we plan on building green, using alternative energy sources, and any other nature resources that are available in the region.

Does anyone any information about Adobe Homes? Are there any Adobes near El Paso or Cornudas?

Last edited by ECO; 09-27-2007 at 02:58 AM.. Reason: Add-On

Old 09-27-2007, 03:37 AM

262 posts, read 781,834 times
Default Reply to ECO

There may be fewer than six families living there now. May is no longer there, and I think that several people moved out with her.
I live about six miles east of Cornudas. If you remember where Ranch Road 1111, (the road that heads south to Sierra Blanca), intersects 62-180, I live 3/4 of a mile West of that intersection, and 3/4 of a mile South of 62-180.
As for adobe homes in the area, several are conventional construction with adobe facia spread on their outsides, but the only pure adobe buildings that I know of are very old.
The "Rock House" on the top of the hill just East of Cornudas is still standing, but no one lives in it.
There are many 10 to 60 acre tracts that were bought on both sides of
62-180 between Cornudas and Ranch Road 1111. This area is called "Antelope Acres" and most of the people who live here are ex, or retired military. All of us who are retired military either do not work, or are self employed, working out of our own homes.
I hope this answers your questions. Brie

Old 09-29-2007, 10:31 AM

9 posts, read 53,968 times
Default Cornudas Development

I agree with muhnay that people will not travel a long distance for a carnival style park. They will however, travel for a larger Six Flags style park. With it there would also have to be a Water Park.

Would the people of Cornudas and the neighboring towns want such a large structure??? Imagine...traffic, fast food restaurants, a few gas stations etc.
Can the highway(s) support the traffic?

On the other hand, jobs would be created, money would hopefully be funneled into the town and Cornudas would have a place in travel magazines (if it's not there already).

Old 09-29-2007, 10:35 AM

9 posts, read 53,968 times
Default Brie and Muhnay

The restaurant tips are great. It's always nice to eat someplace small where the food tastes like it was "home cooked". When we get closer to coming out I'll ask for some specific restaurants.

Old 09-30-2007, 01:27 PM

3 posts, read 14,930 times
Default Road Grading near Dell City

I own land west of Dell City which fronts on a dirt road. I was told that this road belongs to Hudspeth County. It is a direct extension of the farm road that runs due west out of Dell City Center and crosses Lynch Road.

It has both electric and underground telephone lines running along side it. Over the years I have visited the property and found that the road had been graded and in passable condition.

My last visit was two years ago and it was erroded and beginning to be overgrown. I would like to visit the property again but I have to be able to get there. If it is a County Road, whom do I contact about grading it?

I am glad to hear that the Cornudas Cafe may be reopened. May served the best hamburger I ever had and the breakfasts were great too,

Old 09-30-2007, 04:48 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,954,930 times
Do you have anything built on the land yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas