Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2008, 01:02 AM

2 posts, read 14,220 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of any oil companies that's hiring for operators right now? If so, can you please provide me with the contact information?
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 09:16 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,547,634 times
do a google search or check any of the job sites on line
there are jobs posted
if you don't know what you are doing though working on drilling rigs or production facilities, you are a risk to yourself and others...
people chasing the money need to beware of the danger inheirant in these jobs...

Old 06-03-2008, 03:44 PM

2 posts, read 14,220 times
Thanks for the response. My husband actually has 9 years experience as a plant operator but we're not too familiar with the oil companies in the US.
Thanks again!

Old 06-04-2008, 02:08 PM

45 posts, read 149,505 times
You may want to check on jobs in Alice, TX. We have an incredible amount of oil field companies here. Grey Wolf, Haliburton, Schlumberger, BJ, Pioneer, Weatherford, FESCO, to name a few. This town is primarily run by the oil field and its really booming right now. Im a white caller worker and my wife works in the medical field. We are doing okay for ourselves, but we do have to struggle at the end of the month. A few of my friends work in the oil field they are rolling in the dough!

Old 03-12-2010, 12:11 PM

2 posts, read 7,308 times
Default Need help finding work in the oilfield

Here is the situation, I am not afraid of hard work the problem is that I was in a car accident a few years ago and I am unable to climb any type of stairs unless they have rails to hold on and I cannot squat fully to actually pick heavy things off the ground so basically this keeps me from working on a drilling rig onshore or offshore. Now I am able to do other type of work because I do have a strong upper body and I am good with my hands. So as far as working in the fields in production, completion, or workover then I am willing to bust my butt and show a company that I can be a good hand in the field. The problem is finding someone or an oilfield company that is willing to train me to be successful in the field. I am also interested in working as a pumper, gauger, or lease operator checking wells, even if I start out as a relief pumper in order to train and understand it better. Is there anyone who knows of anyone in these fields or has an oilfield company that would train me. I am also interested in sales in the oilfield, since I have a sales/marketing background. Please someone give me advice, ideas, comments, or contacts. Thank you.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:54 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,900,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veiledprincess View Post
Thanks for the response. My husband actually has 9 years experience as a plant operator but we're not too familiar with the oil companies in the US.
Thanks again!
Answers indicate that people are confused about the difference between jobs in a petroleum refinery or gas processing plant - vs - working in the oil fields (production).

Getting a job as a plant operator is going to be tough in today's depressed employment market. Good luck!

Old 03-13-2010, 08:18 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,547,634 times
veiled princess may her post in 2008--quite a while ago

the post that started the thread was someone just piggybacking vs starting a more appropriate new thread...

Old 10-14-2011, 07:59 PM

1 posts, read 3,776 times
im looking for a job as a gauger i have 15 years plus working refinery, contracting companys and looking for something stable with benefits and to retire from thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas