Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 06:41 AM

325 posts, read 577,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
I was interested to see this on the Laughlin Air Force Base website near the Mexico border.
If you had lived in Del Rio (close to the base) you would already know it's not safe there. A friend of mine owns a big chunk of land with a limestone creek running into the Lake. He sees activity on his land all the time and it is a waste of time and energy to try to stop them. Further southeast on Falcon Lake there have been many attacks and piracy on it - well documented. USCG operates on both lakes - can't stop the smugglers. Case in point the couple riding on the jet ski the Mexican side were shot at. The wife was able to swim to the Texas side and her husband was dead. This was a big story on both sides. So far as I know, the husband's body has not been recovered. The only place along the border I would consider fairly safe is the Big Bend to Presidio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2016, 04:05 PM

1 posts, read 568 times
Default This is my first post :) Thank you for giving me a reason to sign up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joqua View Post
Kinda premature worrying about where to live when he hasn't even been accepted into employment, isn't it? The border patrol doesn't just confine itself to the Texas/Mexico border, it patrols ALL of the border from the Gulf of Mexico to the Pacific ocean, and the Canadian border from Atlantic to Pacific.

Kinda immature answering a question like that.
Try actually answering their question.

Old 06-11-2016, 04:18 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,987,383 times
Harlingen Its a VERY safe city. Its mainly retirees from what Ive seen

Old 06-11-2016, 04:47 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,773,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2etrainingny View Post
Kinda immature answering a question like that.
Try actually answering their question.
Oh wow, Joqua, you've got to check this out! An eight year old thread got revived by a New Yorker because of a post you made in it that's almost 5 years old. Yep, sure enough! Actually wants to thank you for giving him a reason to sign up so he could tell you how to properly reply to someone's post even though the question they asked was obviously an irrelevant one. How funny.

Old 06-11-2016, 04:49 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,726,103 times
I know this is a zombie thread, but I thought it was funny because in 2008, everyone I knew in the valley went to Mexico. My wife and I went several times to buy discounted liquor for our wedding, all up and down the border between McAllen and Roma. My mom and stepdad went and they took my little sister. It was fine. That's when this post was started. NOW, no one I know in the valley goes to Mexico. When we visit the valley, we don't go. Things have changed drastically.

Old 06-13-2016, 06:44 AM

4,280 posts, read 9,164,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
Oh wow, Joqua, you've got to check this out! An eight year old thread got revived by a New Yorker because of a post you made in it that's almost 5 years old.
I checked it out, thanks to your PM to me. I too think it funny, but if it got the "foreigner" from NY to sign up, it was worth it. Hopefully they will have something constructive to add to the forums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas