Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 08:22 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,756,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
funny how nobody addressed my post in this thread about the racism thing.....hmmm....maybe cuz i am right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tholsey View Post
Hello again people,

I must voice my opinions once again toward this Obama,Mccain issue. I often wonder why is Obama under a microscope far more than Mccain. People will use anything agaisnt Obama, the Rev. Wright issues, Obama's inexperience, how did Obama pay for college, we can't trust Obama for whatever reasons....man...why is Obama under the microscope more than Mccain????

I know the answer to this question...and many of you do too. Like I said before America is scared of what is different they are scared of someone different being in control of this country. Every president to this point has been white and yet we say this is an equal country and race is not an issue like it used to be in the past, and even though people are a little bit more cautious and hesitant to call us the "N" word to our face, they will damn sure say it behind our backs, smile in our face and act like they like black people and talk about us like dogs behind our backs. I would like to believe that Martin Luther King's dream is relevant more now that it was back then...that one day we will not be judged by the color of our skin but by the content of our character. This is clearly something that is not evident today. Black people are still judged by the color of their skin...and it comes to the surface in this presidential election. If we look at the politics of this race both candidates have issues that are questionable but I hear more of Obama's issues than Mccain. Come on now...is Mccain really the better candidate...hell no...but he's white so many of you will vote for him.

To the person who said how would I feel if people said they are gonna vote for Mccain because he's white...hell..thats what many americans are doing...they just don't admit it...lol. It won't hurt my feelings at all if someone says they are voting for Mccain because he is white...I really could care less. I do know that because of the way Bush has ran this country...many of america is ready for change...thank you George bush for your horrible politics and thank you Mccain for your support of George Bush...that is the reason why Obama will win this election.

Once again...no matter what anyone says...I state the truth, and that is, we still live in a very pro-white world, racism still exist and discrimination against my people(black people) still exist. This election has exposed this ugly truth. The world will find and search out everything negative about Obama, and they will put Obama under a microscope far more than Mccain...simply because they are looking for reasons not to vote for OBAMA..because they don't wanna just come out and say, " i'm not gonna vote for Obama because he's black." lol.....however, the inevitable will happen...OBAMA will be our next president. Every president has been white...and now Obama is not good enough for many of you to vote for him...but I wonder if Obama had no questionable issues, if he had all the experince in the world, if there was no Rev. Wright...would you vote for Obama then????? Face it...this election is about race...I don't think it...I'm convinced it is. I am willing to debate anyone on this issue....I'm just an e-mail away.
Try reading
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 08:29 AM

Quote:
I've read many of the opinions toward this subject and I hear a lot of Mccain supporters and it seems as though many are against Obama. I actually don't care about the political aspect of this election because I think it doesn't matter who is in office....politics is politics and all candidates will say whatever they have to say to get elected.

However, what I wan't to emphasize is the chance for my people(black people) to make history. The thought of the first black president gets me excited. I don't care what anyone says about voting for Obama because he is black. Hell yeah, I am gonna vote for Obama because he is black, as much as my people have been oppressed, discriminated against, hated, and just the pure racism that we have to endure every single day. I don't care about pulling the race card because thats what this election is about, RACE. People are not ready for a black president and many of you who are voting for Mccain need to admit it. Those of you who are democrats but were for Hillary and now you have changed because Obama is the democratic candidate, lets face it that is bull and you people are traders...if you are start out democrat you should end democrat.

This election is about race and people are scared about a black man being president but we will choose a white man who is a weak candidate and will run this country further into the ground by supporting many of the bush policies. You people obviously have not been effected by gas prices, the current recession we are in, a horrible economy, a war that is taking an astronomical amount of money to support, the way hurricane katrina was handled, and a president who is as ignorant about the problems certain americans are facing and as out of sync with the american people like never before, thats what George Bush represents and that is what John Mccain represents. But lets face it....you people would rather see a white man in office than a black man and regardless of what any body says thats what this is about.

Don't tell me about politics this election is not about politics its about race and you all know that and I've said it several times in this message and I will say it again. Those of you who are voting for Mccain and saying that you don't think he will do a good job either but you're going to vote for him because you don't trust Obama....you people are clearly contradicting yourself and might as well admit you would rather vote for a white man than a black man.

In conclusion, I don't care how many people respond to this message. I don't care how many people are offended by it and feel a need to reply. My mind is made up and will not change, you will only be wasting your time. I am being real and honest...this election is about race. There is two things I'm certain of come November.....1. we will definitely have a new president.....2. He will be black. Deal with it.
BINGO! Beautiful post

Old 06-30-2008, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Man...I'm gonna love replying to the messages on this page...page 11. You guys who are voting for Obama must read page 11, you guys who are black or not racist...please read page 11.

Now, where do I start...and these messages are all aimed at bellestaroftexas,Muhnay,Kofi713, teatime, and atxcio.

First to you atxcio, have you ever heard of student loans, pell grant, grants, or just plain old working hard to put yourself through school. I'm no genius but I'm guessing more than likely, thats how Obama paid his way through school...just like myself...there are those of us who receive student loans. Also, who gives a damn how Obama paid his way through school, he has a first rate education....shouldn't that matter more than how he paid for it...man I promise you people are looking for anything not to vote for Obama.

Now to the rest of you...Muhnay especially who sounds very prejudice and racist. What is this thing about affirmative action. I didn't think affirmative action existed anymore. I would like to believe black people receive jobs because they are qualified just like any white person. So you say you would move huh....lol. Thats funny because we both know you're not going anywhere...and if you do that will be great for all the non racist people....one less racist person in America. So kindly take your hind parts to whatever part of the world you would like...we won't miss you at all. To the rest of you, same thing applies.....I can instantly see immediate vacancies in apartments and houses. All of us staying will be glad to move into your places...lol.

So get the hell outta here with those idiot remarks....Barack Obama is smarter than all of you put together. Do any of you have a law degree, do any of you have what it takes to be a democratic nominee or a nominee period??? I think not, you all are just scared of a black man being president...deal with it and stop judging people by the color of their skin...this is not the 50's black people don't need affirmative action...come to the Dallas area you will be amazed how many black principals in school districts there are, how many black business owners, how many black college professors, how many black lawyers and doctors.

Now my name is at the top of this message...feel free to message me back...I'm not hard to find.

Be careful, most people on this board don't like it when you call a SPADE a SPADE LMAO!

Last edited by usc619; 06-30-2008 at 09:31 AM..

Old 06-30-2008, 09:19 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,685,553 times
I'm not scared of black people. I live in a town with a black mayor. I grew up with some black friends and spent a big hunk of my life in Houston, which has a large black community. I don't give a hoot what color someone is, that's not how I'm voting. I would vote for a black man or woman if they are qualified and have similar political beliefs to me. I'm not a Democrat and I don't like a lot of Democrat policies. If there was a black man running who was an independant or Republican, I'd vote for him/her. Barack is great at speaking when reading a teleprompter, but that's not what really concerns me. His rascist views, his liberal policies regarding immigration, welfare programs, entitlement programs and taxes are what I'm looking at. I don't really like McCain either, but more of his policies match what I do like. Actually, I liked Duncan Hunter and Tom Tancredo and to a lesser degree, Romney. But they aren't running now, so I'll more or less stick with my parties pick.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
I'm not scared of black people. I live in a town with a black mayor. I grew up with some black friends and spent a big hunk of my life in Houston, which has a large black community. I don't give a hoot what color someone is, that's not how I'm voting. I would vote for a black man or woman if they are qualified and have similar political beliefs to me. I'm not a Democrat and I don't like a lot of Democrat policies. If there was a black man running who was an independant or Republican, I'd vote for him/her. Barack is great at speaking when reading a teleprompter, but that's not what really concerns me. His rascist views, his liberal policies regarding immigration, welfare programs, entitlement programs and taxes are what I'm looking at. I don't really like McCain either, but more of his policies match what I do like. Actually, I liked Duncan Hunter and Tom Tancredo and to a lesser degree, Romney. But they aren't running now, so I'll more or less stick with my parties pick.
If Duncan Hunter was running I would also vote for him, you people need to quit with this Obama having racist views crap.

Old 06-30-2008, 01:38 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,872,387 times
Yeah, what are his supposed "racist views"? Or are you talking about the preacher? If you are talking first-person racism by the candidate, McCain is the winner hands down. His racist views are so widely know, there is a book about them:

Amazon.com: ****: John McCain's Racism and Why It Matters: Irwin A Tang: Books

BTW, keeping this thread on topic and about Texas/who Texans support -- the above book is written by a Texas-born man, who went to Texas A&M. He's also got a popular book about the Bonfire tragedy: Amazon.com: The Texas Aggie Bonfire : Tradition and Tragedy at Texas A&M: Irwin A. Tang: Books

And as for welfare & entitlements... well, Republicans support that too, 'cept in their case it's the corporate kind. If you really are against such entitlements, either to the poor or to business, you've got to vote libertarian.

Old 06-30-2008, 01:44 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,519,025 times
Default Texas will vote for McCain by a wide margin

Texas along with Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and Arkansas, lead the nation in illiteracy. The dumb redneck types loved Bush and will settle for McCain. Texans also liked Tom Delay and could care less that he was a crook, he was a conservative crook.

Why not ask who are the educated states voting for?

Old 06-30-2008, 02:25 PM

714 posts, read 2,931,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
Texas along with Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and Arkansas, lead the nation in illiteracy. The dumb redneck types loved Bush and will settle for McCain. Texans also liked Tom Delay and could care less that he was a crook, he was a conservative crook.

Congratulations. That was a nice intelligent comment for an elitist.

By the way, when was Tom Delay found guilty? I can’t read newspapers, I can only hold on to my gun and Bible.

Old 06-30-2008, 03:56 PM

52,681 posts, read 47,932,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboybootnut View Post
Congratulations. That was a nice intelligent comment for an elitist.

By the way, when was Tom Delay found guilty? I can’t read newspapers, I can only hold on to my gun and Bible.
Well, you're online now, Cowboybootnut. There are ways.

Old 06-30-2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post

LMAO I've heard that Obama seems to do very well with the educated voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas