Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 11:46 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,948,625 times

Advertisements

Austin: always ready to party, and except the odd ball.

Dallas: Snobs who snub their noses at the rest of Texas as if their poop don't stink.

El Paso: Thats in Texas?

Fort Worth: Tired of being associated with Dallas.. Were our own damn city dang it!

Houston: The Big Fat guy, with a stain on his white wife beater and a bad smell of gas.

San Antonio: Si Amigo we accept pesos, Viva Mexico, VIVA the ALAMO!

Old 06-28-2008, 11:48 PM

898 posts, read 2,562,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidus View Post
Austin: The emo kid who is always reminding everyone of how non conformist he is while confirming to every emo stereotype.

Dallas: The credit card millionaire, pretentious and materialistic, has a nose job and silicon boobs and is always living beyond her means.

El Paso: The distant Hispanic cousin who will always invite you over to drink some coronas and play the X-box.

Fort Worth: The drug-store cowboy. Puts on all his western wear then drives the dually down to the honky tonk.

Houston: The blue collar but well paid working man who likes to blow off some steam on Saturday night.

San Antonio: The pretty Latina girl who mostly dates white men.
Hahaaa i think we have a winner

Old 06-29-2008, 01:00 AM

3,542 posts, read 8,243,304 times
Austin: The best live music

Dallas: The best football team

El Paso: The most relaxed city

Fort Worth: Best "Texas" culture

Houston: Most cosmetic

San Antonio: The best, period!

Ok... so I'm not showing one bit of bias at all

Texas is great!

Old 06-29-2008, 07:34 AM

52,681 posts, read 47,932,189 times
Talking Get Us All Involved

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonySA View Post
Austin: The best live music

Dallas: The best football team

El Paso: The most relaxed city

Fort Worth: Best "Texas" culture

Houston: Most cosmetic

San Antonio: The best, period!

Ok... so I'm not showing one bit of bias at all

Texas is great!
Oh, come on, weather guy! You can be biased toward all of Texas all you want.

Old 06-29-2008, 07:55 AM

415 posts, read 506,027 times
Austin: Your weird cousin. Likes to smoke and dress different from everyone.

El Paso:
Your distant relative that you haven't seen in a while. Likes to sit back and drink a bottle of Corona.

Fort Worth: Your relaxed relative. Likes to retain the cowboy/western image, but constantly changing.

Dallas: Your materialistic relative. Flashy cars and high-dollar clothes. Won't go out unless dressed to impress. Credit-card millionaire and in debt.

San Antonio: The place where all your relatives like to come and play. This is the relative that has the house with the best the really entertaining things to do.

Houston:
Your hard working relative that knows how to have fun. Has enough flash and class, but also has the hard-working blue collar image.

Old 02-07-2019, 09:56 AM

1,074 posts, read 640,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidus View Post
Austin: The emo kid who is always reminding everyone of how non conformist he is while confirming to every emo stereotype.

Dallas: The credit card millionaire, pretentious and materialistic, has a nose job and silicon boobs and is always living beyond her means.

El Paso: The distant Hispanic cousin who will always invite you over to drink some coronas and play the X-box.

Fort Worth: The drug-store cowboy. Puts on all his western wear then drives the dually down to the honky tonk.

Houston: The blue collar but well paid working man who likes to blow off some steam on Saturday night.

San Antonio: The pretty Latina girl who mostly dates white men.

First, this is fantastic. Second, wow, Dallas really has harsh, albeit somewhat accurate, stereotype. Third, I'll give it a go....

Austin: Ethan Hawke in almost every movie

Dallas: Sandra Bullock in The Blind Side

El Paso: El Chapo (sorry, I hate ELP)

Fort Worth: Billy Bob Thornton- a combo of every part he has had in every movie

Houston: Pretty much a combo of all these

San Antonio: Jennifer Lopez in Selena (literal, yes, but accurate)

Have to add Corpus Christi, my home town: If El Chapo and the cast of the original Point Break could have a child

Old 02-07-2019, 12:13 PM

1,074 posts, read 640,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
I agree. Each city does have a different personality and character. As far as I'm concerned, every one of these cities can be seen wearing a cowboy hat.
EEEEWWWW....no......small towns only. Don't let the trolls think that is what Texas is

Old 02-07-2019, 12:19 PM

2,509 posts, read 2,210,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshaBrady1968 View Post
EEEEWWWW....no......small towns only. Don't let the trolls think that is what Texas is
What's wrong with cowboy hats? I don't own one but I'm proud of my state's Western heritage. My kids wear them proudly to the Stock Show and Rodeo every year. I will say though that the TV show Dallas didn't really ring true. I was born and raised in Dallas and we used to say you could tell if someone was a tourist if they were were wearing a hat and boots. In Fort Worth, however, you can still see the old guarding wearing them in high rise offices and fancy restaurants.

Old 02-12-2019, 08:58 PM

96 posts, read 105,404 times
Austin: Hipster vegan feminist. New age turned to witch craft with love of rocks and smudge sticks. Loves Beto. Has Trump derangement syndrome.

Dallas: Beach wave blonde hair, eye lash extensions, regular shopping trips to Nieman Marcus. Doesn’t realize other people exist in a room unless you also have that weird rich inbred look. Lacks zero authenticity from generational wealth. Is featured in Dallas magazines with fake friends for their “philanthropy.”

El Paso: Cheap land because most people are scared to live there

Fort Worth: George Strait, easy going.

Houston: Pass it to go to Galveston

San Antonio: John Wayne, The Alamo. Also day of the dead with Mexican culture.

Old 02-14-2019, 08:54 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,627,096 times
Austin: Trying to be hip, but in reality just as pretentious as Dallas.

Dallas: Trying to be a world class city, but in reality headed in the direction of Detroit.

El Paso: Like the rest of Texas, wishes Beto would GO AWAY!

Fort Worth: Trying to not be associated with Dallas, but in reality if it wasn't for Dallas, it would still just be a "cowtown".

Houston: Smog! Congestion! Humidity!

San Antonio: A suburb of Mexico City
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas