Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2007, 09:34 AM

3 posts, read 12,518 times

Advertisements

What can you tell me about this town? I know it is small, population wise. How is the crime? Weather? Area? Neighbors?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2007, 03:53 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,379,719 times
I lived there and was a home/landowner there in the late 90s. It is in Wise County. It has ZERO crime. The area is very rural. Lots of ranches, cattle country, lots of back country dirt/gravel roads leading to middle of nowhere. I believe there might have been a few meth labs hidden every now and then in the back country, but that's about it in terms of "crime", but definitely no VIOLENT crime! The "town" doesnt really exist-except for a small bbq stand, and a fillin' station. Neighbors? HA! I had a few hundred acres of longhorn cattle and horses for neighbors!!!
I absolutely loved it. Favorite place I have ever lived in my 42 years and wish i had never sold to my ex.

Last edited by NOTAM; 01-15-2007 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: add info

Old 01-17-2007, 11:38 PM

3 posts, read 12,518 times
Default Paradise

Thanks for the info. What is the nearest town? Decatur? Why didn't you buy something else there? Especially if you never see you neighbors. Is it cold in winter? All flat lands? Thanks again.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:24 AM

3,494 posts, read 14,379,719 times
yes closest real town is Decatur with Walmart and Tractor Supply Company and NRS (national roping supply)...what the hayull else would ya need in life).
i couldnt afford to buy a house after i got divorced-so i gave the land, house and barn to him. so i moved west to Jack County and rented.
yes it is cold in the winter-it's North Texas!
no it is not flat lands. it is rolling hills. you wanna see flatland-come to South Texas or West Texas.

Old 09-11-2007, 11:05 AM

6 posts, read 14,135 times
Wink Paradise is great

I live in Paradise and I really love it. The main street is lined with churches, and a couple of cafes. The main events usually surround highschool football and sports where every one meets on Friday night whether they have kids playing or not.

From what I have experienced, Paradise is a tight Christian community. Once the locals get to know you, they will offer the shirt off their back to help you. The town is very small, but growing rapidly. We LOVE the school and our church, Grace fellowship, which is an unusually contemporary and largely attended church for our area.

The main drawback to Paradise is the truck traffic. Hwy 114 is one of the main routes for rock trucks. If you can deal with those drivers, you will have a splendid experience if you take off down the backroads.

Concerning crime, some good friends of ours were robbed last year. I know there are a few drug related problems, but not anything any worse than anywhere else. We lovew living in Paradise, but we would like for you to sort of uhm keep it to yourself. We don't want it to get too crowded around here!

Old 09-27-2007, 12:20 PM

1 posts, read 4,537 times
Default Cemeteries in Paradise Texas

Am looking for a cemetery in Paradise, where a relatives father is buried. The deceased died in the late 1800's, at a doctors house in Paradise, and is buried in some cemetery there. Would like to find the man's grave site and marker. The deceased's name was Dr William Easley. Would drive up there from Mesquite to find this grave.

Thanks,
NWG

Old 09-29-2007, 09:33 PM

2 posts, read 7,668 times
you can call 940-683-2211 which is the number for the local funeral home (Hawkins Funeral Home) ask or leave a message for Roy Morris and he will be able to assist you. He is over the Paradise Cemetery and is a bit of a history buff. He and his wife are life time residents of the area and as senior adults if they don't have the location they will certainly find it if at all possible. Hope this info helps...

Old 10-01-2007, 08:14 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,946,017 times
I've been there. I used to have friends that lived there. It is a very quiet place if serene is what you're looking for. But come spring time, be warned: Wise County has a penchant for severe weather and hail. Make sure you have something to protect your car (garage, etc.) when those things happen.

Old 06-01-2010, 06:52 PM

1 posts, read 2,696 times
I grew up in Paradise almost my whole life. It's a very nice town but if you don't know anybody the residents will take awhile to open up to you. If your looking for excitement this is not the town for you. You have to drive to Ft. Worth or Dallas for entertainment. Also its about a 10 to 15 minute drive for groceries. Other than that it's a nice place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas