Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 12:21 PM

8 posts, read 75,843 times

Advertisements

Good Ole West Texas, if you don't like the weather just hang around a while it will change. We definately have winter and summer, not much in between. Have had a cold winter this year , and I am sure we will have a hot summer, never fails. San Angelo is really growing , a lot of new businesses. Home of Angelo State University and Goodfellow Air Force Base.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2007, 03:55 PM

7 posts, read 23,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewGee View Post
This thread is absolutely hysterical and ever so prejudiced, almost sounds like racism. I can hardly believe that all "real" Texans are the cream of the crop in America. Please! I've lived here long enough to know differently. There are sour apples from every part of the country.

Heaven forbid a Texan should marry a Yankee. My precious, albeit braggadocious about Texas, brother-in-law, a native Texan (God rest his soul) married my sister, a Californian, but oh, how so unfortunate, she was born in Ohio and lived in New York until she was 7. I can certainly think of worse scenarios than a southern marrying a non-southerner, and I bet everyone else can as well. They were happily married for almost 40 years. Can you imagine that? They even had 3 sons and now, 7 grandchildren as well.

Sorry, I just had to vent and let off steam as I hear things like this often at work and it gets old, and I'm sure all you "real" Texans think we Californians or worse, Yankees, and our spiels get really old as well.
WOW! Sorry KewGee, I know some really great ex-yankees -- some of my best church friends moved here from New York, Pennsylvania, and Indiana years ago! I've even got a really good close friend from New Mexico via California and even England. I wasn't being "racist" at all! We all just laugh each other off -- God loves everybody just the same. My friend from Indiana says she wasn't born in Texas but got here as soon as she could and wouldn't leave here for anything! I'm not belittling anybody though, thought state "pride" was just kind of a natural thing wherever you were from. Shoot, I sure can't take credit for where my parents had me! Sorry, no "meanness" intended like you seem to have taken it. Guess if I moved out yonder, I'd be taking some "ribbin'" at work, too -- it's to be expected. Again, sorry if you were offended; Texans are friendly, generally speaking (-- 'cept for me, I guess).

Old 10-01-2007, 09:46 AM

1,298 posts, read 4,286,056 times
I agree, Redcan, I kinda thought that great offense was taken where it wasn't intended. I think ANY state or area where there is a great influx of other people is going to resent a little of their culture being diluted but I think most everyone have pride in their own state, except Texas has a bit more. But I hardly detected any sort of racism here!

Texans kid the yankees but it's usually in fun. I've seen that, too. There is a guy who works in my industry who is from NY and is nicknamed "Yankee" and even called into my office one day and identified himself by that name! When it's not in fun is when the other person has a burr up their butt and denigrates Texas. Why is it so unfortunate that your b-in-law married your sister? Have they been looked down on or something? If a person can't take it in stride and is not friendly then I guess it's going to bother them.

Old 08-23-2010, 04:34 PM

41 posts, read 57,293 times
Check out Grandview, Tx. Its small town Texas all the way.

www.cityofgrandview.org

Halloweens are kind of Norman Rockwell like.
People on their front porches, kids riding in hay filled flatbeds.

Fort Worth is just 30 min. away.

www.realtor.com zipcode 76050

Old 08-23-2010, 09:21 PM

73 posts, read 218,088 times
I would suggest Llano, TX. It's a few hours from Austin in the heart of the Hill Country. It's beautiful landscape, good wine, and some of the best barbeque in Texas at Coopers. It's small enough to retain it's charm and large enough to have modern conveniences at just over 3,000 people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas