Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 12:13 PM

1,560 posts, read 7,146,494 times

Advertisements

We got a thin coat of snow in DFW last night as well. It appears to have ended for the day, but the weather's not going to be reasonable for a few days yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2007, 06:09 PM

90 posts, read 360,837 times
Default weather

in dallas on wed. we had lots of snow. it was very unexpected, maybe we got 2 inches. schools/work are closed. here in dfw we actually got more than most places, but usually we never get the most

Old 01-20-2007, 06:15 PM

1,506 posts, read 4,280,051 times
The local news was warning everyone here to get ready for the "mother of all storms" expect 24+ inches of snow. Stock up on supplies because roads may be impassible for days, etc. Turns out we had a decent drizzle and snow flurries for about 20 minutes earlier today. Then the sun came out and melted it all.

I may snow again on Monday though.

Old 01-20-2007, 06:36 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,154,500 times
Hey Lucidus...that sounds about right concerning local weathermen. No one here in the DFW area forecasted accumulation for the snow on Wednesday. All anyone ever said was some snow flurries but no accumulation and nothing to worry about. Woke up that morning to a winter wonderland with snow and sleet covering everything up to 2 inches...I've seen worse here over the last few years but just the fact that no one got it right again. Just like how they botched last weekend's "ice storm of the century" when they expected up to an inch of ice coating everything and at most we got 1/4" here in Denton County while momof2dfw has mentioned that in Garland, in Dallas County, all they got was mostly a cold rain.

Old 01-21-2007, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 940 View Post
Hey Lucidus...that sounds about right concerning local weathermen. No one here in the DFW area forecasted accumulation for the snow on Wednesday. All anyone ever said was some snow flurries but no accumulation and nothing to worry about. Woke up that morning to a winter wonderland with snow and sleet covering everything up to 2 inches...I've seen worse here over the last few years but just the fact that no one got it right again. Just like how they botched last weekend's "ice storm of the century" when they expected up to an inch of ice coating everything and at most we got 1/4" here in Denton County while momof2dfw has mentioned that in Garland, in Dallas County, all they got was mostly a cold rain.

In my part of Dallas county, last weekends ice storm only brought some icy trees, and icicles. There was really nothing, but we were expected to get a ton. We did get a lot of snow on wednesday, but we had almost nothing last weekend. An inch of ice, yeah right

Old 01-21-2007, 01:31 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,874,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidus View Post
Here in Midland/Odessa it all started last Friday with freezing fog. Then it was below 32 degrees for several days and it snowed last night. Now the snow is melting and rain is expected tomorrow, then snow again on Friday! It makes me miss the hot dry days of summer.

OMG. NOT me. I enjoyed every bit of snow we got...and I was ticked off because we didn't get the boatload of snow they were predicting for this weekend. Where were the 4-6 inches they were predicting???? Nada!!!!!

It will get quite hot again quite soon enough, LOL!!!

You should enjoy today. The sun is out!!!

Old 01-23-2007, 07:23 AM

1,506 posts, read 4,280,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
OMG. NOT me. I enjoyed every bit of snow we got...and I was ticked off because we didn't get the boatload of snow they were predicting for this weekend. Where were the 4-6 inches they were predicting???? Nada!!!!!

It will get quite hot again quite soon enough, LOL!!!

You should enjoy today. The sun is out!!!
Thanks alot Cathy! We have snow again! Are you happy now? Huh?
Are you? This is West Texas not Noo Yawk, we don't need snow every week.

j/k I hope you enjoy the snow, I myself am not so much of a fan of winter but I can tolerate it for another month or so. As you said it will get hot again soon enough.

Old 01-23-2007, 08:13 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times
Okay, WHERE was the snow in Dallas?????? We got mostly sleet last Wednesday morning. A little bit of snow but nothing to even cover the ground in it. Not even 1/4". The kids went and played on the golf course, sliding on the ice. They tried to walk across the ice covering the sand trap - HA!!! Straight thru and into MUD!!!!!!! YUCK!!! Nope, we got no mass amounts of snow. Even by mid-morning the little bit of ice that stuck to the roads was gone and clear. We were open for business and had trucks out on the roads w/ no problems at all. Well, except one idiot person that backed up off of pavement and sunk in the mud. Between kids and idiot employees, life is never boring. Our schools only closed because of their agreement w/ the power company for heat. Hubby even went downtown for the hockey game and had no problems w/ ice on the roadways. So don't knock those weather people too hard. Everyone experienced some of what they said.

Old 01-23-2007, 08:21 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,874,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidus View Post
Thanks alot Cathy! We have snow again! Are you happy now? Huh?
Are you? This is West Texas not Noo Yawk, we don't need snow every week.

j/k I hope you enjoy the snow, I myself am not so much of a fan of winter but I can tolerate it for another month or so. As you said it will get hot again soon enough.
Snow on the ground this am when I went to let the dog out. WOOOO HOOOO!!!!!

Yeeeeesss...I am VERY happy, LOLOLOL!!!!

Dang, this time last year we had 80 (Eighty) degrees and worse!!!! We FINALLY get a real winter even if for only a little while!!! At least it's a nice break from unrelenting HOT that lasts from March to the end of October.

Old 01-23-2007, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Okay, WHERE was the snow in Dallas?????? We got mostly sleet last Wednesday morning. A little bit of snow but nothing to even cover the ground in it. Not even 1/4". The kids went and played on the golf course, sliding on the ice. They tried to walk across the ice covering the sand trap - HA!!! Straight thru and into MUD!!!!!!! YUCK!!! Nope, we got no mass amounts of snow. Even by mid-morning the little bit of ice that stuck to the roads was gone and clear. We were open for business and had trucks out on the roads w/ no problems at all. Well, except one idiot person that backed up off of pavement and sunk in the mud. Between kids and idiot employees, life is never boring. Our schools only closed because of their agreement w/ the power company for heat. Hubby even went downtown for the hockey game and had no problems w/ ice on the roadways. So don't knock those weather people too hard. Everyone experienced some of what they said.
Where in north dallas here. I have no idea how you missed the snow. We had so much, and it came down very hard. There was no work/school anything. I do not know how you missed it momo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: