Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2009, 02:58 AM

684 posts, read 2,109,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
Like the excuse used in Texas, it must be all the transplants causing all the problems. I know CA is not like it was when I left it, a beautiful and great place to live with the best people in the world.

I wish you the best in Texas. The state and many of her people have been good to me for over 30 years now.

I hope your home sells fast and you make it to the new "promised land" quickly.
Hi Canine*Castle !!

Your good vibes paid off...WE ARE IN ESCROW !!!! We head out Sept 1 !!!!

Love your CD name, BTW.....we are "parents" of 2 yorkie princesses (the youngest, 14 months old is a native Texan!!) and 1 pomeranian prince....

..They are the nicest people we know!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 08:48 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,276,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDaisy View Post
Hi Canine*Castle !!

Your good vibes paid off...WE ARE IN ESCROW !!!! We head out Sept 1 !!!!

Love your CD name, BTW.....we are "parents" of 2 yorkie princesses (the youngest, 14 months old is a native Texan!!) and 1 pomeranian prince....

..They are the nicest people we know!!!
That's fantastic; I'm happy for you.

Thank you! Yes, we canine lovers think alike. There are no better people in the world than those precious creatures from God. Both my girls are native Texans being raised by a Californian mom. I've learned many Texas tricks over the years though.

I have a Yellow Lab and her daughter, part Lab and part Louisiana Catahoula. I know; I never heard of it either. They are so wonderful and I love them so very much. Your youngsters sound delightful. My son and his wife have a Yorkie. She's a pip, a little darling.

Enjoy getting ready for your move!!!

Old 06-24-2009, 08:03 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,760,314 times
They both are over-ran by Illegals

Old 06-24-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler guy View Post
I love Texas but every time I visit Cali an come back I Truly get depressed when I see how badly in shape the states compare. This is being said even when I go visit I stay in Pico Rivera which what I heard of a bad place in the LA area but I can honestly compare it with some nice areas in the northside of SA.
BINGO I was beginning to think I was the only one who notice that. Maybe people in Texas just don't get out much, Kind of like one of those IDIOTS with a Texas raised tattoo on his arm LMAO.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:17 PM

1,369 posts, read 3,310,149 times
Texas is obsessed with California. California couldn't give a crap about Texas.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:34 PM

397 posts, read 1,025,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drshang View Post
Well, is this really all so surprising? Even though most of their comments are always negative about California, it seems like they always use it as a comparison or measuring rod. Interesting....

I think you're right for the most part. Most Californians just don't care that much. We all realize that California has problems, but so does Texas, although the problems are of a somewhat different nature. Every place has problems. The key is, for each person, to find the place that suits him/her best.

I wouldn't want to live in Texas, but then many other people may find it desirable for whatever reasons they have. MissDaisy obviously experienced some ill-fortune in her life and blames California for it. Here's to hoping that she finds what she's looking for in Texas.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:36 PM

397 posts, read 1,025,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
They both are over-ran by Illegals
Yes, but both states are also completely unable to function without them. I cannot tell you how many people I meet in a professional capacity in Dallas or Houston who depend on their Hispanic "help" for the house and the kids, some of whom are NOT in the US legally.

The same is true here in San Diego.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen_SDCA View Post
Yes, but both states are also completely unable to function without them. I cannot tell you how many people I meet in a professional capacity in Dallas or Houston who depend on their Hispanic "help" for the house and the kids, some of whom are NOT in the US legally.

So I guess we should just say "FU" to the millions who are waiting in line(the right way) because we have some who are able to babysit, cut lawns, and build homes.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:03 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,212,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drshang View Post
Don't fool yourself, if Texans truly cared about CA, they'd be there.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:30 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,693,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen_SDCA View Post

Believe me, I function just fine without illegals. I do my own yardwork, watch my own kid or have friends do it or family. My BIL owns a landscaping company in Katy and does it without illegals and he stays very busy with his crew of legal US citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas