Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2009, 07:19 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,491,966 times

Advertisements

It's simple, if Texas and it's personality offends you, you're more than welcome not to come. Just like I don't like AZ, so I don't go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 07:19 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,395,703 times
The thing that has always confused me, when people get so upset that Texans are proud of Texas, is why they don't feel the same way about their state that we do about ours - that it's a great place to live and they're proud of that fact. Something seems very, very wrong about that.

Even stranger to me are those who feel compelled to come to Texas forums (not just this one - there are Californians - for some reason it always seems to be Californians, or, at least, people claiming to be Californians - for example, on just about every similar forum I've been to, busy talking about how terrible Texas is to the point that one thinks they can't find anything better to do in their own state) just to badmouth the state. Now, I don't hang out on the forums of other states - are there Texans doing that just as compulsively there? One would hope not, but since I don't have that particular compulsion, I wouldn't know.

Old 06-27-2009, 10:32 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,275,575 times
People have been moving from one state to another for decades and decades. When I was growing up in California and attended a southern Baptist church, most of the members were from other states originally ....Alabama, Arkansas, Texas, Mississippi, Kentucky, et al. I honestly can't think of too many who were native Californians or if not natives, brought up in California. If people from NY and CA are now moving to Texas, let it be. It's okay. As far as seeing license plates from other states in Texas, my assumption would be they were just visiting because if they relocated, they would have (or should have) changed the plates.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:30 AM

1,621 posts, read 4,593,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
People have been moving from one state to another for decades and decades. When I was growing up in California and attended a southern Baptist church, most of the members were from other states originally ....Alabama, Arkansas, Texas, Mississippi, Kentucky, et al. I honestly can't think of too many who were native Californians or if not natives, brought up in California. If people from NY and CA are now moving to Texas, let it be. It's okay. As far as seeing license plates from other states in Texas, my assumption would be they were just visiting because if they relocated, they would have (or should have) changed the plates.
Says the invader...

Old 06-27-2009, 11:35 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,873,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
The thing that has always confused me, when people get so upset that Texans are proud of Texas, is why they don't feel the same way about their state that we do about ours - that it's a great place to live and they're proud of that fact. Something seems very, very wrong about that.........
I very much agree!

Old 06-27-2009, 11:50 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,294,643 times
Quote:
The thing that has always confused me, when people get so upset that Texans are proud of Texas, is why they don't feel the same way about their state that we do about ours - that it's a great place to live and they're proud of that fact. Something seems very, very wrong about that.
We do feel proud of our state. The difference is our fondness for our home is sincere and we don't feel the need to tell everyone about it because we know it's great. You guys have an inferiority complex and thus feel the need to tell everyone how great your state is. It's as if you guys are trying to convince yourself Texas is great.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:53 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,395,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
We do feel proud of our state. The difference is our fondness for our home is sincere and we don't feel the need to tell everyone about it because we know it's great. You guys have an inferiority complex and thus feel the need to tell everyone how great your state is. It's as if you guys are trying to convince yourself Texas is great.
Assumptions, assumptions, assumptions. How is it that you have such an in on what we're all thinking and what our motivations are and how sincere we are or aren't about our feelings for our state, every last one of us (or even the majority of us)?

Projecting, maybe?

Old 06-27-2009, 11:58 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,691,351 times
Quote:
Assumptions, assumptions, assumptions. How is it that you have such an in on what we're all thinking and what our motivations are and how sincere we are or aren't about our feelings for our state, every last one of us (or even the majority of us)?

Projecting, maybe?
so very true!

Old 06-27-2009, 12:07 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,275,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theloneranger View Post
Says the invader...
It is okay. If it isn't okay to you, fix it.

Old 06-27-2009, 12:27 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,491,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post

Um yeah, ok. whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas