Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 08:49 AM

1,883 posts, read 3,003,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
You'll cook in summer unless you like heat. Fall is my favorite (or favourite) season.
I agree,Fall is the best.But we have relatives in England that love coming over in the Summer.Go figure.I don't even like being outside in the Summer unless I'm at the lake or pool.I had no choice but to work out in it for 25 years,and have had all I care for.But you know what they say about mad dogs and Englishmen.

In October it should be in the 80's during the day,and the 50's at night,depending a little on where you are.

Where are you looking at living?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2007, 10:46 AM

19 posts, read 56,710 times
Hi again,

Not planning on moving over just yet, just thought i'd check texas out. It seems such a lovely place. I'm in my final year at nursing college so no plans at the mo! Can you suggest any nice, friendly areas that would be worth thinking about.

thanks

Old 01-21-2007, 01:27 PM

Most of Texas is friendly.Texas varies greatly,from large metro areas to small rural ones,deserts,forests,grasslands,coastal areas,the Hill Country.It all depends on what you want to experience.Anything specific you are looking for,or to experience?

Old 01-21-2007, 02:10 PM

Hi again,

Well i love the country side, horse riding and meeting new people, although i do like my own space too. Main thing i'm looking for is a place with friendly people, where i don't have to look over my shoulder all the time.

Thank for your reply, any suggestions?

Old 01-21-2007, 06:09 PM

If you are wanting a more country atmosphere,there is San Angelo,Abilene,and Brownwood in central and west Texas,along with Kerrville,New Braunfels,Seguin,and San Marcos in the Hill Country.The area northeast of Denton is good horse country with small towns to live in while you commute into Denton.There are also some small towns north of Dallas that wouldn't be a bad commute into the Frisco/McKinney area.East Texas has some nice towns,but I don't know a whole lot about them.

Old 01-21-2007, 08:18 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,440,762 times
Burnet/ Marble Falls is amazing countryside. It's about and 1.5 hours north of San Antonio and an hour west of Austin. Both towns are growing pretty well, but not really booming.

Old 01-22-2007, 02:29 PM

238 posts, read 179,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat1804 View Post
Thanks all, i'll have to investigate !!. Just been reading some of the forums on the site about relocating in texas, trying to get an idea where might be nice to visit, still not sure!! Texas is such a big place, i hoping to spend some time working in a riding centre that uses horse riding as a therapy for disable people, so far i've found one in dallas. Any ideas for locations would be greatly appreciated.

Just out of curiosity what time is it over their? not sure if your six or seven hours behind us.

Thanks again all
SONRISAS is an organization that uses horse riding as therapy, it's the Spanish word for smiles. San Angelo, is in Central West Texas about 90,000 people with a 'true grit' attitude - check it out.

Old 01-27-2007, 12:48 AM

Hi all,

Just wanted to say a big thank you for all you help and advioce i've been given a lovely placement in a theraputic riding centre in colorado,i'm really lokking forward to it.

Old 01-27-2007, 08:30 PM

4 posts, read 7,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat1804 View Post
Thanks for the info, you guys!,

I'm hoping to come over in october, what's the weather like then?
It's usually still very warm in October. Light clothing would probably be best.
You should definitely check out San Antonio and the Hill Country.

My fiance is from Shrewsbury, England. Having only stayed for a few months San Antonio a couple of times, he now wants to make it a permanent home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas