Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 08:03 PM

927 posts, read 1,390,478 times

Advertisements

Most pro death penalty types are also against a woman's right to choose. That is the right to get an abortion. But they've got no qualms about offing a criminal with the belief that they are creating a "safer" society. So should women who get an abortion be put to death for their "crime"? There is no way that murdering someone betters society. Show me where violent crime rates are down because people are put to death. And the reason why people came here from Europe was because of outdated, antiquated ways of doing things. Like state sanctioned murder, taxation without representation, religious oppression etc.

And why is it that only certain crimes warrant the death penalty? Shouldn't all serious criminals be put to death by pro death penalty supporters' standards? Why just certain ones? Fact of the matter is that disproportionately the people who are eventually put to death by US states are poor, black or hispanic. Most people who can afford good lawyers do not get put to death. The system of capital punishment in this country is uneven, unfair and very barbaric for a "civilized" society to do and still call itself civilized.

Check out these lists for more info.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0777460.html

Last edited by bresilhac; 07-28-2008 at 08:08 PM.. Reason: I wanted to add a link.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:04 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,702,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Every rapist should be drug through the streets than hung in front of the city court house and lynched! like in the old days....Sorry, I just have no mercy for sick people such as rapist.

Lynchings just like in the good ole days huh? Wow.

http://www.ngbiwm.com/Exhibits/Lynch...ge-daniels.jpg

bresilhac, with the amount of poverty/illteracy & the attitudes we have, Texas isn't going to pull itself out of the 19th century anytime soon.

Last edited by da jammer; 07-28-2008 at 10:05 PM.. Reason: copyright issue

Old 07-28-2008, 08:35 PM

958 posts, read 2,133,281 times
Execution and murder are not the same. Any one can go to Dictionary.com and look up the difference.
Kenneth Allen McDuff is a prime example of way capital punishment in Texas should not be tampered with.
He is also why those convicted of capital offenses should NOT be granted life in prison.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:37 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,766,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post

bresilhac, with the amount of poverty/illteracy & the attitudes we have, Texas isn't going to pull itself out of the 19th century anytime soon.
Nice pic, man. But it's disgusting, too, thank you very much.

Lynchings are/were horrible. Usually done at night, by mobs for a suspect crime against a community, not necessarily humanity.

In Texas, as in any other state that still supports the death penalty, it is the court that says whether the death penalty is available for the jurors to decide. Accordingly, it is up to the jury to give a yea or nay to the death penalty. If the jury says nay, but life in prison, hopefully without parole, so be it. If the jury says yea, the quicker the better I say, specifically if the perpetrator admitted to the crime.

For instance, last week in the little town where I live, a punk walked into an all-night service station, supposedly shot the clerk in the back of the head (it cannot be seen in the security video, but the gun in his hand is quite obvious as he moves through the field of view), and attempted to ransack the cash register, but couldn't get in it. The clerk died a couple of days later. Female. 52, 53 years old.

The punk was caught last Friday night. Sixteen years old. Pitiful. Two lives wasted for a botched robbery attempt, and murder committed, too. The county DA is pressing to charge the punk as an adult. If he is adjudged to be an adult, capital murder charges will be filed. Capital murder usually, usually dictates the death penalty.

However, as I understand the law, and I am not a lawyer by any means of the word, if the punk is not brought to trial as an adult, but as a juvenile, I think the max he can get is imprisonment until age 21. Unless he is retried at that time, as an adult, the punk will be set free, possibly to prey on another unsuspecting victim.

I pray to God he is judged to be an adult, and I pray to God he is strapped to a gurney in the near future, and stuck with the appropriate needles and sent away. I'm fairly certain there are a lot more folks who feel the same way, but I could be wrong.

Last edited by da jammer; 07-28-2008 at 10:05 PM..

Old 07-28-2008, 09:10 PM

869 posts, read 2,954,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post

I pray to God he is judged to be an adult, and I pray to God he is strapped to a gurney in the near future, and stuck with the appropriate needles and sent away. I'm fairly certain there are a lot more folks who feel the same way, but I could be wrong.
Is this the same God that said "thou shalt not kill"???

Old 07-28-2008, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffari-al-texani View Post
Is this the same God that said "thou shalt not kill"???
Yep, sure is far as I know.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:28 PM

869 posts, read 2,954,923 times
So let me see if I get this. God says "thou shalt not kill", yet you are going to pray to God that somebody is killed.

Does anybody else see a small problem with this line of thinking?

Old 07-28-2008, 09:43 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,954,930 times
Quote:
So let me see if I get this. God says "thou shalt not kill", yet you are going to pray to God that somebody is killed.

I can see you have never read your bible. It Say's THOU SHALL NOT MURDER.

And is explained rather well here.. enjoy the reading.. I doubt you will though.. seems to have worked well for you thus far.

Also see.. Ten Commandments - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

& Also read this.. with great translation of the actual text:

Moderator cut: removed: copyright infringement

It is our job to send these sinners unto GOD to pass his final Judgment on them... So says the Bible.

Last edited by Muhnay; 07-28-2008 at 09:54 PM..

Old 07-28-2008, 09:45 PM

Quote:

No, I have no problem with it. Obviously the perpetrator had no problem with it, why should I?

Old 07-28-2008, 10:02 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post

That man was innocent, this man is guilty.

and btw, I was kidding about the whole lynching thing.....no need to go overboard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: