Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2014, 05:17 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,448,551 times

Advertisements

Here it is.......
GDP - Double Width Story Page Player

Old 09-10-2014, 06:27 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,562,426 times
Lmmfao!!!

Old 09-10-2014, 06:29 PM

6,290 posts, read 7,494,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
What I got from that is "we" (Dallas) have a small skyline so we have to decorate it just right, then invent rigged polls to give ourselves an excuse to talk about it for 2 minutes on TV mostly so we can compare ourselves with the other cities in that same rigged poll.

That's sad and funny at the same time

Old 09-10-2014, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
What I got from that is "we" (Dallas) have a small skyline so we have to decorate it just right, then invent rigged polls to give ourselves an excuse to talk about it for 2 minutes on TV mostly so we can compare ourselves with the other cities in that same rigged poll.

That's sad and funny at the same time
C'mon Jack......you are normally a sensible poster....Houston skyline is bigger. ...that seems to be all that matter to Houstonians. .....dont be mad at lil ole dallas because people like our way smaller skyline. ....im disappointed in you......go to your room.

Old 09-10-2014, 06:50 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,836,287 times
Dallas has one of the better skyline in America at night but the world is kind of pushing it. If Perot builds that super tall and the proposed twin residential towers are built than maybe we could discuss world class skyline. I prefer Dallas Skyline over Houston because its more flashier and less bland IMO.

Last edited by Exult.Q36; 09-10-2014 at 07:04 PM..

Old 09-10-2014, 06:59 PM

10 posts, read 9,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
Lmmfao!!!
Are you jealous? Jpmorgan tower isn't even the tallest building in the south, it is a skyscraper in Atlanta I forgot the name.

Old 09-10-2014, 07:05 PM

6,290 posts, read 7,494,183 times
Quote:
C'mon Jack......you are normally a sensible poster....Houston skyline is bigger. ...that seems to be all that matter to Houstonians. .....dont be mad at lil ole dallas because people like our way smaller skyline. ....im disappointed in you......go to your room.
I guess cities need to compensate for size the same way people do.. BTW when you say "people" are you speaking of the same people who voted in that poll of specially selected city skylines ?.....

Old 09-10-2014, 07:13 PM

People stop it.......Dallas deserves some credit SOMETIMES.....I know people think just because they hate Dallas that all credit towards it is not sufficient but gosh, Dallas is not as horrible as people paint it to be......give us a break sometimes and just say congrats.....its really not that serious. If Houston would have won this poll it wouldn't be discredited. And if Houston won this poll and dallasites pointed out how many dirty old boxes make up the BULK of Houston's enormous skyline then we would be labeled as jealous. I guess since our skyline is so much smaller it shouldn't receive accolades when they are due.

This only confirms that size means nothing(something you have to keep reminding Houstonians) internationally. Look where new york placed.

Last edited by dallasboi; 09-10-2014 at 07:44 PM..

Old 09-10-2014, 07:23 PM

10 posts, read 9,860 times
Quote:
People stop it.......Dallas deserves some credit SOMETIMES.....I know people think just because they hate Dallas that all credit towards it is not sufficient but gosh, Dallas is not as horrible as people paint it to be......give us a break sometimes and just say congrats.....its really not that serious. If Houston would have won this poll it wouldn't be discredited. And if Houston won this poll and dallasites pointed out how many dirty old boxes make up the BULK of Houston's enormous skyline then we would be labeled as jealous. I guess since our skyline is so much smaller it shouldn't receive accolades when they are due.

This only confirms that size means nothing(something you to keep reminding Houstonians) internationally. Look where new york placed.
He is right, not everything should be in Houston. I thought houstonians are friendly. Dallas gave Houston money when they got hit by a hurricane, but Houston didn't send anything when Dallas was hit by a disaster. Houston wouldn't even give a #### about helping others in need, not even victims of natural disasters.

Dallas earns to be the best skyline. Dallas and Fort Worth help each other and other cities. This is what Texas is all about. Houstonians are selfish and jealous just because they don't have things that other cities have.

Old 09-10-2014, 07:36 PM

4,433 posts, read 5,344,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenas11 View Post
Are you jealous? Jpmorgan tower isn't even the tallest building in the south, it is a skyscraper in Atlanta I forgot the name.
If you look Atlanta only has 56 skyscrapers to Houston's 81 (Dallas has 41) so I don't think it matters they have one 21 feet higher... Not to mention Houst has three 900 footers to Atlanta's one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas