Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2014, 04:30 AM

693 posts, read 1,107,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrippingMama View Post
I earn $60,000 a year and I want my kids to attend a great school.
yeah but how much of that income is derived from stripping?

Old 10-03-2014, 06:03 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,447,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 979Texan View Post
yeah but how much of that income is derived from stripping?

Old 10-03-2014, 08:05 AM

1,347 posts, read 1,819,998 times
If you actually are a stripper and it's not a joke, then I'd say Houston is likely a more lucrative market by the way. Sports players always mention it about us when they come here, some players have even cited it as reasons for joining teams. Suffice to say, our strip clubs are really over the top.

Old 10-03-2014, 09:12 AM

3,231 posts, read 4,561,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
Has anyone driven the Katy Freeway out in the Energy Cooridor recently?

HUUGGGEEEE!!!!

Nothing but miles of new buildings lining the freeway now. It's a beast!!!
Seriously.. It's insane driving into/out of Houston, 20 miles away from the CBD, with miles of high rises lining i10.. And only getting crazier.

Looks like Baylor University is planning on expanding into downtown Houston..

"Waco, Texas-based Baylor University is scouting downtown real estate in Houston to house the expansion of its master's program in social work, said Diana Garland, dean of the school of social work at Baylor."

Baylor University scouting downtown Houston for expansion of its master in social work program - Houston Business Journal

"Exxon Mobil Corp. (NYSE: XOM) Chairman and CEO Rex Tillerson said the global energy demand is expected to increase 30 percent by 2040 and that Houston and the rest of North America will play a critical role in producing the energy resources and worldwide stability."

Exxon Mobil CEO touts Houston growth and North American energy security - Houston Business Journal

Old 10-03-2014, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
another sign of the boom times... companies are scrambling to hire new construction workers for all the projects going on across the city.

Houston leads the country with the most construction jobs added to its market - Houston Business Journal
It's confirmed.. This is the biggest boom since the early 80s...

Office construction reaches highest level since 1980s - Houston Business Journal

Quote:
There is currently 19 million square feet of office space under construction in the Houston area. About 36 percent of that is corporate-owned office space, and includes Exxon Mobil’s 3 million-square-foot campus in north Houston, Phillips 66’s 1.1 million-square-foot campus in Westchase and Southwestern Energy’s 515,0000 square-foot office building in Springwood Village, according to PM Realty.
About 5.4 million square feet of new space is expected to deliver by the end of the year, which will bring the yearly delivery total to 10.8 million square feet — far exceeding last year’s delivery total of 3.2 million square feet.

Old 10-06-2014, 12:30 AM

Battle of the Upstarts: Houston vs. San Francisco Bay - The Daily Beast

Old 10-06-2014, 12:59 AM

6,288 posts, read 7,492,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Dallas really could have ended this game in the first half. Demarco must stop fumbling. Dallas left so many points off the board. Meanwhile, Houston has a great defense. But Fitzpatrick sucks.
Agreed, if he would have made the right reed on that first pic he threw in the first quarter, Foster would have walked into the end zone. Then in overtime on 3rd and 2 they call a wheel route with a empty backfield when Foster had been slicing through the Cowboy defense for 5 and 10 yards at a time, what? You just don't get the feeling that the Texans can make a big play at any time with Fitz, Romo and Bryant do have that potential obviously.. The NFC East looks tough though we'll see,

Oh well time to move on, Indy on Thursday is huge.....

Old 10-06-2014, 05:38 AM

371 posts, read 543,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
Woah, not as much to do in Houston.. how do you figure that...?
as far as the outdoors goes, theres not that much unless you like water sports- or if you have gills implanted in for breathing and love very hot weather.

The only thing that I have been able to enjoy in the Houston area, is to go to the professional sports games, but other than that- it has lacked for me personally. Though I am a very outdoorsy, free spirit sort that likes being in the mountains and fresh, dry air- so not as many people would dislike the area as much as I, but would hate to see someone make the same mistakes and move somewhere they would be miserable.

Old 10-06-2014, 05:44 AM

371 posts, read 543,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
Oh ok, so you don't consider the waterskiing on nassau bay, discovery green, miles of new hike and bike trails at Buffalo Bayou Park downtown, hunting in the forest, and people who take strolls on the Keemah Boardwalk not much to offer in the way of outsdoorsy adventurous sorts?? And Dallas offers how much more than that???

Thanks for sharing
I am not a water sports fan and definitely not everyone who walks this planet will be- I do not get why people think that you MUST be a water sports person to enjoy the outdoors- it is just the only thing I guess that Houstonians want to do outside.
Buffalo Bayou Park is not really "the outdoors", it is very very urban... LOL
Kemah Boardwalk is so crowded (full of kids running around in those fountain deals) that I do not see how that is outdoorsy or adventurous?
I even went to Brazos Bend not too terribly long ago and it was so crowded it was not even the outdoors anymore to me. There is only one trail that seemed to still be somewhat secluded.

Dallas had a lot more stuff close to it and better weather for being outside more.

Old 10-06-2014, 08:12 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,048,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFiftyFour View Post
I am not a water sports fan and definitely not everyone who walks this planet will be- I do not get why people think that you MUST be a water sports person to enjoy the outdoors- it is just the only thing I guess that Houstonians want to do outside.
Buffalo Bayou Park is not really "the outdoors", it is very very urban... LOL
Kemah Boardwalk is so crowded (full of kids running around in those fountain deals) that I do not see how that is outdoorsy or adventurous?
I even went to Brazos Bend not too terribly long ago and it was so crowded it was not even the outdoors anymore to me. There is only one trail that seemed to still be somewhat secluded.

Dallas had a lot more stuff close to it and better weather for being outside more.
Crowds have what to do with weather?

Claiming DFW has better weather is beyond a stretch. The summer heat index is virtually the same in both places during the summer, and Houston doesn't get the winter ice storms that Dallas does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas