Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2014, 05:02 PM

6,292 posts, read 7,500,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
I was directed over here by someone and figured I'd make a comment on the TMC and some of the competition that it may have.
I suppose you wont be forthcoming with the name ,or alias, I should say, of this individual who "directed" you to this forum

Old 10-22-2014, 05:33 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majicdonjuan View Post
Very happy to hear that your wife was well taken care of by MD Anderson.

With respect to your question, there is no counterpart to the TMC, not in TX nor the entire US, and arguably not in the entire world.

There are individual institutions elsewhere that are on par with the best hospitals in the TMC, but the TMC easily offers the most high-quality medical institutions in one place anywhere in the country.

I really wouldn't even know who would be second in the country, because it's that big of a gap.

As far as Dallas goes, I don't know much about the hospitals there, but I'm sure that the level of medical facilities there is pretty similar to that of any other large metro (other than Houston).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
Typical DFW position, if we can't beat it, we will find something somewhere in the world we think can beat it, then argue as if we are them against Houston. Sour grapes to the max...

If that individual wants to go into an appropriate forum to argue Longwoods superiority I am game, but in the Texas forum it is irrelevant .

BTW I'm guessing he may have been tipped to this claim by Majic by someone in this forum who wanted to create this strawman argument against TMC>
Majicdonjuan is the reason he came in to shut yall up....pm him and tell him to do research brfore getting shut down....

Old 10-22-2014, 05:43 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,564,671 times
Quote:
Typical DFW position, if we can't beat it, we will find something somewhere in the world we think can beat it, then argue as if we are them against Houston. Sour grapes to the max...

If that individual wants to go into an appropriate forum to argue Longwoods superiority I am game, but in the Texas forum it is irrelevant .

BTW I'm guessing he may have been tipped to this claim by Majic by someone in this forum who wanted to create this strawman argument against TMC>
Seriously.. We don't come in here posting other cities with more miles of rail, bigger convention centers, or whatever the other couple arbitrary Dallas accomplishments over houston are.. Because it's COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT. This is a Houston vs Dallas thread. Nothing else.

Is, or isn't the TMC the largest medical center in the world?? All he said was its a large collection of very good hospitals that can't be matched elsewhere in the world. He didn't say there weren't better hospitals out there...

Quote:
I suppose you wont be forthcoming with the name ,or alias, I should say, of this individual who "directed" you to this forum
Lol, I think we all know who it is..

Old 10-22-2014, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
Seriously.. We don't come in here posting other cities with more miles of rail, bigger convention centers, or whatever the other couple arbitrary Dallas accomplishments over houston are.. Because it's COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT. This is a Houston vs Dallas thread. Nothing else.

Is, or isn't the TMC the largest medical center in the world?? All he said was its a large collection of very good hospitals that can't be matched elsewhere in the world. He didn't say there weren't better hospitals out there...

Lol, I think we all know who it is..
.....So is TMC the end all or be all or what?....Yall thought it was untouchable.....all we hear is how big it is and how it's taking over downtown Dallas........Now the sour grapes are in the guts of Houstonians because TMC is really just a big district land wise and nothing else.....simple as that.

This really proves how big the clueless bubble is for Houstonians...do a little reasearch.

Old 10-22-2014, 06:02 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,564,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
.....So is TMC the end all or be all or what?....Yall thought it was untouchable.....all we hear is how big it is and how it's taking over downtown Dallas........Now the sour grapes are in the guts of Houstonians because TMC is really just a big district land wise and nothing else.....simple as that.

This really proves how big the clueless bubble is for Houstonians...do a little reasearch.
Are you really that thick headed to understand the point to all of that?

It is untouchable.. For being the largest medical center in the world. Just as the burj Khalifa is untouchable for being the tallest skyscraper in the world. Nothing takes away from that claim to fame. It's pathetic watching you Dallasites try to belittle the TMC because you have nothing anywhere close to it.

The point about it being bigger than downtown Dallas is that the TMC is Houston's second biggest business district, yet it eclipses Dallas' cbd, the largest district in Dallas.

Old 10-22-2014, 06:02 PM

Quote:

Now you are making false claims as to what tmac9wr posted. At no time did he post that the TMC was just a big district and nothing else. He merely claimed that Longwood was more prestigious, not that TMC lacked prestige of any kind. I swear some Dallasites are acting like a kid brother who is hiding behind his big brothers shadow...

Last edited by Jack Lance; 10-22-2014 at 06:45 PM..

Old 10-22-2014, 07:31 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,272,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
TMC is Houston's second biggest business district, yet it eclipses Dallas' cbd, the largest district in Dallas.
I always thought Uptown Houston was Houston's second biggest business district? Did that change?

Old 10-22-2014, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Now you are making false claims as to what tmac9wr posted. At no time did he post that the TMC was just a big district and nothing else. He merely claimed that Longwood was more prestigious, not that TMC lacked prestige of any kind. I swear some Dallasites are acting like a kid brother who is hiding behind his big brothers shadow...
Im the one saying its just a huge medical district.....and it easily trumps Dallas' medical district. ....but its not number 1 in the U.S like yall want everybody to believe. Its not even #2.....oh but its huge though.....but who cares

Old 10-22-2014, 08:41 PM

385 posts, read 968,049 times
Houston named No. 1 real estate market to watch in 2015

Best Hotels in Texas & the Southwest: Readers' Choice Awards 2014

Houston with 4 in the top 10, Dallas with 1.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Im the one saying its just a huge medical district.....and it easily trumps Dallas' medical district. ....but its not number 1 in the U.S like yall want everybody to believe. Its not even #2.....oh but its huge though.....but who cares
If you live in Texas, and you are sick, then you would care...

There is no question there are several highly regarded and prestigious institutions in the TMC, butt there are no "official" rankings of Medical Centers just rankings of individual hospitals and institutions and those are judgement calls themselves . So although Majics claims cannot be proven fully they cannot be fully disproven either. The TMC does not have a central management structure so in a way it is just a collection of individual hospitals, but the collection is eclectic and in total adds up to one amazing prestigious complex that is without question preeminent in this region at least, and one of the best in the country, and therefor the world...

Last edited by Jack Lance; 10-22-2014 at 09:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas