Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2014, 02:14 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,450,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
Oh and here's a little math for you since you don't seem to understand...

12,000 people making 100,000 dollars each is 12 billion dollars total. Divide that by the 300 "higher ups" in Irving and you find out that those 300 people would have to make 40 million dollars each in order to have the same impact as the 12,000 Exxon workers in Houston. A quick internet search tells me the CEO of Exxon BARELY makes that. What makes you think the other 299 higher ups are making as much as the CEO? Not to mention 100,000 is probably a pretty conservative guesstimate for the 12,000 Exxon workers in Houston.

In short, ExxonMobils presence in Irving is NOT better than Houstons Exxon presence/work force.
ok.....Lets look at the big picture. Whenever Exxon is mentioned(outside of texas)as the #1 fortune 500 company Its always associated with Dallas or Irving......Nobody cares how many people work in Houston

Neiman Marcus Hdqtrs are HERE.......Do people give a rats arse how many people work at all the stores ACROSS THE COUNTRY?????.....Hell no!!...They just know its Based and has its HQ in Dallas...

So save all the "WE have all the workers" spiel...its only important to bitter Houstonians.

Old 12-31-2014, 02:23 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,563,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
ok.....Lets look at the big picture. Whenever Exxon is mentioned(outside of texas)as the #1 fortune 500 company Its always associated with Dallas or Irving......Nobody cares how many people work in Houston

Neiman Marcus Hdqtrs are HERE.......Do people give a rats arse how many people work at all the stores ACROSS THE COUNTRY?????.....Hell no!!...They just know its Based and has its HQ in Dallas...

So save all the "WE have all the workers" spiel...its only important to bitter Houstonians.
It's amazing how you can choose to blatantly ignore the facts presented to you and try to twist things around..

Old 12-31-2014, 02:24 PM

Quote:
It's amazing how you can choose to blatantly ignore the facts presented to you and try to twist things around..
.....Lost again!!!!!!!

Old 12-31-2014, 04:42 PM

Lost what? I can't help it if you can't comprehend simple math/facts.. But just because you can't comprehend that doesn't mean I lost...

Btw...

Keep thinking Exxon chose Irving because of its "superiority" to Houston..

Quote:
Putting the lingering rumor to bed, Tillerson said the company’s decision to remain in Irving harkens back to a deliberate choice made by Exxon’s executives in 1989 when the corporation left Manhattan, where it had been since it was founded by John D. Rockefeller, for a 132-acre office park near Dallas.

Then-chairman Lawrence Rawl faced questions about why the company chose Irving instead of Houston, the energy capital of the world which at the time housed a sizable portion of the company’s operations, Tillerson said.

“Larry said then, ‘Look, I don’t want the corporate office sitting in the same neighborhood with the operating units, the people who are actually out there running that day-to-day operation, running the business,’” Tillerson said.

The Dallas area offered the right amount of distance. Then a $17 flight away from Houston on Southwest Airlines — the “company aircraft,” Tillerson joked — Exxon’s headquarters were close enough to the Houston operations that managers could “feel our presence” but far enough away to allow operators the autonomy, authority and responsibility to manage community relations without corporate interference, Tillerson said.
http://fuelfix.com/blog/2014/10/23/e...rs-to-houston/

Old 12-31-2014, 04:50 PM

638 posts, read 568,486 times
Default I think it's interesting

Chevron and Exxon keep their headquarters in suburbs of San Francisco and Dallas. The two U.S. oil treasures do not choose to move the headquarters to Houston.

Old 12-31-2014, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Lost what? I can't help it if you can't comprehend simple math/facts.. But just because you can't comprehend that doesn't mean I lost...

Btw...

Keep thinking Exxon chose Irving because of its "superiority" to Houston..

Fuel Fix » Exxon Mobil CEO: Not moving headquarters to Houston
Oh quit crying......The REAL problem with the Houstonians is the fact that Exxon is the #1 fortune 500 company in the NATION.....and the fact that it's located in Dallas is what makes y'all sick to the stomach.....So......Houstonians feel like the only way to strip Dallas of that achievement is to continuously point out how many more people work for Exxon in Houston......just so Houston can get some of the credit.

Eat it Houstonians!!!!!.....Exxon HQ's in Dallas takes absolutely NOTHING away from how great of a city Houston is.

Last edited by dallasboi; 12-31-2014 at 05:20 PM..

Old 12-31-2014, 05:24 PM

638 posts, read 568,486 times
Default Not your best effort

Quote:
Oh quit crying......The REAL problem with the Houstonians is the fact that Exxon is the #1 fortune 500 company in the NATION.....and the fact that it's located in Dallas is what makes y'all sick to the stomach.....So......Houstonians feel like the only way to strip Dallas of that achievement is to continuously point out how many more people work for Exxon in Houston......just so Houston can get some of the credit.

Eat it Houstonians!!!!!.....Exxon HQ's in Dallas takes absolutely NOTHING away from how great of a city Houston is.
You were right in admiring Houston but expressed it poorly. Dallas has Exxon headquarters. That is enough said.

Old 12-31-2014, 05:29 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,774,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy1953 View Post
Chevron and Exxon keep their headquarters in suburbs of San Francisco and Dallas. The two U.S. oil treasures do not choose to move the headquarters to Houston.
I think, eventually, CVX will move its headquarters to Houston.

Old 12-31-2014, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
I think, eventually, CVX will move its headquarters to Houston.
Its just a matter of time..

Old 12-31-2014, 06:32 PM

Quote:

Please show me where i was crying...

Why should we care? Houston has 26 fortune 500 companies.. Thats half the F500 companies in Texas. We clearly dont need the "number 1* " fortune company with everything else we have. If you cant understand that Exxon is putting a heck of a lot more money and resources into the Houston area compared to DFW then im sorry but i dont know what else to tell you..

*So are you completely ignoring Walmart or what? Last i checked they were number 1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas