Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2014, 06:34 PM

6,292 posts, read 7,500,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy1953 View Post
Chevron and Exxon keep their headquarters in suburbs of San Francisco and Dallas. The two U.S. oil treasures do not choose to move the headquarters to Houston.
Chevron has always been a California Company. They have thousands of employees there along with some refineries as well. Their situation is nowhere near as asymmetrical as Exxon's is. As long as Rex Tillerson is CEO XOM will stay put, but he will not be CEO forever....

Old 12-31-2014, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
Its just a matter of time..
Chevron may spin off assets like Occidental did and HQ some part of the company in Houston , but I doubt that the Chevron branch of the company will end up in Houston.

Old 12-31-2014, 06:40 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,564,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
Chevron may spin off assets like Occidental did and HQ some part of the company in Houston , but I doubt that the Chevron branch of the company will end up in Houston.
Ehh, why not? I see Chevron moving to Houston before Exxon.. Especially with the ongoing invetments/land purchases in downtown.

Old 12-31-2014, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Ehh, why not? I see Chevron moving to Houston before Exxon.. Especially with the ongoing invetments/land purchases in downtown.
I've read some interviews with their top management and they are very proud of their history in California they seemed to be saying that they see themselves as part of Cali and not just HQ'ed there. Maybe its just my take on it, but they do have a lot of assets in the Bay Area I think its 9,000 employees so I think a move from there would have more resistance amongst the rank and file, where as in the case of Exxon there is no rank and file in Irving so their Corporate HQ situation is much more nimble..

Old 12-31-2014, 07:09 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,564,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
I've read some interviews with their top management and they are very proud of their history in California they seemed to be saying that they see themselves as part of Cali and not just HQ'ed there. Maybe its just my take on it, but they do have a lot of assets in the Bay Area I think its 9,000 employees so I think a move from there would have more resistance amongst the rank and file, where as in the case of Exxon there is no rank and file in Irving so their Corporate HQ situation is much more nimble..
That completely makes sense.. But why do the HQ have to be in SF just because they have 8,000 workers there? California has long been known to not be very business friendly towards companies like Chevron..?

Old 12-31-2014, 07:23 PM

Quote:
That completely makes sense.. But why do the HQ have to be in SF just because they have 8,000 workers there? California has long been known to not be very business friendly towards companies like Chevron..?
IDK but you know Chevron has such a large presence in Houston because they acquired Gulf Oil Assets a long time ago , so the upper management of CVX has never been made of Texas DNA....Of course Exxon has such a large presence in Houston because they (Standard Oil of New Jersey) acquired Humble Oil assets so maybe their Corporate DNA is not as Texan as we may think. Wouldn't it be funny if they blew off Texas completely and headed back to the Northeast.

Old 12-31-2014, 07:42 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,272,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
ok.....Lets look at the big picture. Whenever Exxon is mentioned(outside of texas)as the #1 fortune 500 company Its always associated with Dallas or Irving......Nobody cares how many people work in Houston

Neiman Marcus Hdqtrs are HERE.......Do people give a rats arse how many people work at all the stores ACROSS THE COUNTRY?????.....Hell no!!...They just know its Based and has its HQ in Dallas...

So save all the "WE have all the workers" spiel...its only important to bitter Houstonians.
SMH!

Happy new year Dallasboi!

Old 12-31-2014, 08:31 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
SMH!

Happy new year Dallasboi!
Happy New Year stoneclaw!!:

Old 01-01-2015, 12:44 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
Why Investors Are Flocking to Downtown*Dallas - D Magazine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas