Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2015, 12:59 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,534,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Memorial Park opened a living bridge in 2009 to connect the north and south sides of the park, but the new plan would be much more extensive.

While this is a long-term plan to renovate and bolster the park, there are some immediate actions.
Houston's Memorial Park to see $200 million in renovations through master plan - Houston Business Journal

Quote:
Houston has been focused on creating and updating the city's green spaces.
some of the more noteworthy park renovations/construction planned/going on across Houston..

$480 Million Bayou Greenways Initiative
$200+ Million Memorial Park Renovations
$123 Million Hermann Park Renovations
$58 Million Buffalo Bayou Park Renovations
$34 Million Emancipation Park Renovations
$10 Million Levy Park Construction/Renovations
$7 Million Midtown Superblock Park

Old 01-21-2015, 03:06 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,393,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
Houston's Memorial Park to see $200 million in renovations through master plan - Houston Business Journal

some of the more noteworthy park renovations/construction planned/going on across Houston..

$480 Million Bayou Greenways Initiative
$200+ Million Memorial Park Renovations
$123 Million Hermann Park Renovations
$58 Million Buffalo Bayou Park Renovations
$34 Million Emancipation Park Renovations
$10 Million Levy Park Construction/Renovations
$7 Million Midtown Superblock Park
Didn't you already post an older article about this before????...yep same ole suff

Old 01-21-2015, 03:18 PM

Wood Partners begins new luxury apartments in Trinity Groves neighborhood - Dallas Business Journal

Old 01-21-2015, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Didn't you already post an older article about this before????...yep same ole suff
Hardly the same stuff. New information and $100 million more dollars in funding.

Is someone a little envious that Houston is spending about $1 Billion on parks/green space across the city while Dallas' park fantasies slowly dwindle away?

Old 01-21-2015, 03:30 PM

14,888 posts, read 9,975,225 times
Quote:
you can argue with facts until the cows come home if you want....that's you
He's not arguing with facts, you haven't presented any for him to argue with. Did you actually read what he posted? He completely destroyed your entire opinion with just a couple simple statements of fact. Let me remind you...

Quote:
Dude. What. The. Heck. Are you talking about? That article was for the METROs. Houston METRO had over 17 million square feet of office space under construction and over 21,000 multi family units u/c. DFW metro had just over 6 million sq ft of office space and like 15,000 multi family units.
The sad fact is that you yourself don't understand the pro-dallas article and you're desperately grasping for help that isn't there.

Old 01-21-2015, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
He's not arguing with facts, you haven't presented any for him to argue with. Did you actually read what he posted? He completely destroyed your entire opinion with just a couple simple statements of fact. Let me remind you...

The sad fact is that you yourself don't understand the pro-dallas article and you're desperately grasping for help that isn't there.
Thank you. Wish I could give rep on this more than once..

Old 01-21-2015, 03:33 PM

Quote:
...are you comprehending the article?!?!...Or are you shocked at the graph of Houston's economy? To answer your question...No....Dallas did not have as much office construction DOWNTOWN as Houston did(no where near as much) but metro wise it was about equal...Houston recently had a lot of office built in the core and it was a lot...but that's where the graph comes into the situation. Houston seen a tremendous amount of office construction DOWNTOWN Because of the oil and gas industry was on fire. Now with the setback the demand for office construction plummets because oil and gas is 80% of Houston's Economy.
You've taken this to a whole new level of clueless. The article claimed that 80% of Houston's real estate construction and leasing is due to the energy sector, that's because Exxon is building a F'n city right now adding quite a bit of oil and gas related real estate sq. footage to the area and Dallas isn't.

Oil and gas is not 80% of Houston's economy.

Old 01-21-2015, 03:38 PM

Quote:
I really try my best to stay out of this thread and you always do a great job of keeping the wolves away but sometimes I just can't contain myself when the ignorance and outright lies start to fly.

Old 01-21-2015, 04:04 PM

6,263 posts, read 7,425,239 times
Quote:
I will rep him for both of us TT...

Quote:
I really try my best to stay out of this thread and you always do a great job of keeping the wolves away but sometimes I just can't contain myself when the ignorance and outright lies start to fly.
You do know that the BS is not contained to just this thread, it seems to be pervasive on the internet where Houston is concerned...

Old 01-21-2015, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Steve Brown must not like the fact that Exxon is building a medium sized city in Houston right now.
The key word is "BUILDING"

The leasing activity that the article is speaking of has nothing to do with the "City" that Exxon is building....Its not done yet PEOPLE!!!!...They are speaking of leasing that has already happened...in all the skyscrapers and office that was just built.....You Houstonians can high five each other all day and still means nothing..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas