Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2015, 11:42 PM

6,288 posts, read 7,492,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Neither city will ever win.....they both will forever change so there will always be something new to compare...over and over and over......and over.....and o ......you get the picture
True, but over the past several years Houston has had the upper hand, we'll see if that changes anytime soon, of course I hope not...

Old 02-27-2015, 09:45 AM

3,231 posts, read 4,561,932 times
Quote:
Neither city will ever win.....they both will forever change so there will always be something new to compare...over and over and over......and over.....and o ......you get the picture
woah.. typo? if you had said metro i would of agreed with this statement 100%, but you clearly typed city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
True, but over the past several years Houston has had the upper hand, we'll see if that changes anytime soon, of course I hope not...
ehh.. even most Dallas homers would agree Houston is obviously winning this "battle".

Old 02-27-2015, 10:08 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,788,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
woah.. typo? if you had said metro i would of agreed with this statement 100%, but you clearly typed city.

ehh.. even most Dallas homers would agree Houston is obviously winning this "battle".
Yes we concede. Houston has managed to control our weather and is pounding us with snow. Damn you Houston.

The Dallas Morning News

Old 02-27-2015, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Lets forgive dallasboi for his error in semantics

Quote:
yes, upper hand is synonymous with winning...

*upper hand (on someone)

Fig. a position superior to someone; the advantage of someone. (*Typically: get ~; have ~; give someone ~.) John is always trying to get the upper hand on someone. He never ends up having the upper hand, though.
See also: hand, upper
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.

upper hand - Idioms by The Free Dictionary

Old 02-27-2015, 10:15 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,447,646 times
Quote:

I stand by everything I say.....AGAIN....Neither CITY will ever win. They are both constantly changing.
Can you please explain how Houston is winning?.....oh wait let me get some popcorn..

Old 02-27-2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollaztx View Post
Yes we concede. Houston has managed to control our weather and is pounding us with snow. Damn you Houston.

The Dallas Morning News
Wow, all that snow and earthquakes too, if you don't submit to Houston soon who knows what else we will do...

Old 02-27-2015, 11:35 AM

Dallas-Fort Worth Commercial Real Estate News - Business News for Dallas, Texas

Old 02-27-2015, 11:37 AM

3,231 posts, read 4,561,932 times
Quote:
I stand by everything I say.....AGAIN....Neither CITY will ever win. They are both constantly changing.
Can you please explain how Houston is winning?.....oh wait let me get some popcorn..
Let's start with a few obvious amenities.. Dallas lacks an NFL team, an MLB team, and an MLS team. Yall have no international airport in your city. Houston is currently building it's 2nd.. Dallas "arts district" has othing on our museum and theater districts. Our parks are becoming exponentially better than Dallas'. Our economy absolutely destroys Dallas'. Idk, you tell me how Dallas competes with Houston..?

Old 02-27-2015, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Let's start with a few obvious amenities.. Dallas lacks an NFL team, an MLB team, and an MLS team. Yall have no international airport in your city. Houston is currently building it's 2nd.. Dallas "arts district" has othing on our museum and theater districts. Our parks are becoming exponentially better than Dallas'. Our economy absolutely destroys Dallas'. Idk, you tell me how Dallas competes with Houston..?
These cant be the real reasons....if they are then You have got to be joking

Last edited by dallasboi; 02-27-2015 at 12:00 PM..

Old 02-27-2015, 11:57 AM

420 posts, read 705,591 times
Quote:

lol. I love the condescending quotes around "arts district." I'd bet my life savings you've never stepped foot inside of a Dallas art museum and you know nothing about them. And I proved a week or two ago with an actual unbiased link that Houston has what is considered the worst park system in the state's larger cities. Houston is currently investing billions to play catch up. [mod cut]

Last edited by RonnieinDallas; 02-27-2015 at 08:23 PM.. Reason: Language. No bs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas