Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2015, 01:09 PM

92 posts, read 113,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayStokes View Post
lol. I love the condescending quotes around "arts district." I'd bet my life savings you've never stepped foot inside of a Dallas art museum and you know nothing about them. And I proved a week or two ago with an actual unbiased link that Houston has what is considered the worst park system in the state's larger cities. Houston is currently investing billions to play catch up. Keep believing your own B.S. though.
Id bet my life savings they he/she has never even been to Dallas

Old 02-27-2015, 01:29 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,561,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentMimes View Post
Id bet my life savings they he/she has never even been to Dallas
Yeahh.. I totally wasn't there visiting friends for New Years, at the little Victory Park thing a couple months ago.. And definitely wasn't at the Cotton Bowl either. now hand over your life savings... I've got multiple friends who work in Dallas I still visit periodically and I went all the time when I attended Baylor.

Old 02-27-2015, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayStokes View Post
lol. I love the condescending quotes around "arts district." I'd bet my life savings you've never stepped foot inside of a Dallas art museum and you know nothing about them. And I proved a week or two ago with an actual unbiased link that Houston has what is considered the worst park system in the state's larger cities. Houston is currently investing billions to play catch up. Keep believing your own B.S. though.
Yeah, admittedly I've only been in the Nasher. I'd rather go to Ft Worths art museums.

Note I said Houstons parks are *becoming* exponentially better than Dallas'. Not were at the time of said linked survey.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:11 PM

92 posts, read 113,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
Yeahh.. I totally wasn't there visiting friends for New Years, at the little Victory Park thing a couple months ago.. And definitely wasn't at the Cotton Bowl either. now hand over your life savings... I've got multiple friends who work in Dallas I still visit periodically and I went all the time when I attended Baylor.
Good thing I have nothing in savings, amirite?

Old 02-27-2015, 05:48 PM

298 posts, read 416,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
Let's start with a few obvious amenities.. Dallas lacks an NFL team, an MLB team, and an MLS team. Yall have no international airport in your city. Houston is currently building it's 2nd.. Dallas "arts district" has thing on our museum and theater districts. Our parks are becoming exponentially better than Dallas'. Our economy absolutely destroys Dallas'. Idk, you tell me how Dallas competes with Houston..?
Lol please stop with the[mod cut] "no nfl team" argument. I guess New York doesn't have an NFL team either by that groundless logic.

Last edited by RonnieinDallas; 02-27-2015 at 08:21 PM.. Reason: Language. No bs

Old 02-28-2015, 09:12 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,788,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKAddict View Post
Lol please stop with the[mod cut] "no nfl team" argument. I guess New York doesn't have an NFL team either by that groundless logic.
And Kansas City is hands down better than SF, NY, or DC because of it's NFL team located in the actual city.

Old 02-28-2015, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollaztx View Post
And Kansas City is hands down better than SF, NY, or DC because of it's NFL team located in the actual city.
lulz.. either you guys dont get the point of all of that, or are trying very hard to ignore it. i like how yall ignored the other stuff and only focused on the "sports amenities".

Old 03-02-2015, 06:03 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,447,646 times
The ball is really starting to roll for Victory park.....first 24 hour restaurant
BuzzBrews plans 24-hour restaurant in Victory Park | Dallas Morning News
Quote:
“These deals are just the beginning,” Terry Montesi, chief executive of Trademark said in a statement. “Our focus is on crafting the right mix of retail…. We’re in current negotiations with a number of tenants, and we’re excited to continue announcing new retail additions throughout the coming months.”

Old 03-02-2015, 06:28 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,484,744 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd5zN...e_gdata_player

Old 03-02-2015, 09:48 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,447,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieinDallas View Post
Yesss!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas