Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2015, 12:24 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
so now you are trying to turn it around and give Houston props for being forward thinking and building a park to spawn development on that side of downtown after saying it "isn't getting the job done"? get your story straight boi.

that fire in Dallas is completely eclipsed by the fire in Houston....so I'm not sure what you're getting at? Discovery Green has been way more bang for the buck than KWP.
My point is that Houston had a lot of empty parking lot space to fill and you have give developers something to advertise!!!......even if the park stayed empty developers would still list it as an amenity.

Dallas had a different approach with KWP....no parking lots anywhere....just adding icing to the cake

Old 04-23-2015, 12:42 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,564,671 times
are you suggesting that Dallas' approach is somehow better..?

Old 04-23-2015, 12:43 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,955,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
You know he was talking about residential.
No I didn't. The last couple of pages were all discussing parks. That is probably what he meant.

Old 04-23-2015, 03:51 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
No I didn't. The last couple of pages were all discussing parks. That is probably what he meant.
He probably didn't join in that conversation and was discussing on being priced out of things that we usually live in. Only he would know.

Old 04-23-2015, 04:27 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,841,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
He probably didn't join in that conversation and was discussing on being priced out of things that we usually live in. Only he would know.
Yes, I was refering to being priced out the new residential development.

Old 04-23-2015, 05:44 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,272,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post

Houstonians suddenly forget all the crap they said about Dallas and are now ecstatic about the new old ideas that Houston copied from DALLAS......Go Houston!!!! Dallas is Flattered

You have never heard me say anything bad about KW Park. Don't even go there.

If I ever said anything that may have been less than favorable, I may have said that it has done no more than Discovery Green to increase urbanity as a meeting and gathering place for the city.

I've always said that Dallas was very forward thinking to think to connect uptown and downtown via a park over the freeway. Even though in fun, some of us may have ribbed Dallas a little saying that Phoenix thought of it first. This is only because Dallasites act like they invented peanut butter with this deck park idea.

But Dallas, Houston is flattered as well, since Dallas built their park and took notes on the success of Discovery Green as a blueprint.

Your welcome again Dallas

Last edited by stoneclaw; 04-23-2015 at 06:07 PM..

Old 04-23-2015, 08:52 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,564,671 times
even amidst the oil downturn, Houstons luxury housing market still remains tops in Texas.

Despite dip in oil prices, Houston luxury home market still among hottest nationally, according to Coldwell Banker Previews International report - Houston Business Journal

Quote:
Houston is still among the hottest U.S. cities for luxury home sales despite the oil downturn, according to a new national report.

San Francisco had the most luxury home sales nationally, closing on 2,802 homes, followed by Los Angeles (2,573 sales), New York City (1,639), San Jose (1,312) and Houston.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:04 PM

328 posts, read 471,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
You have never heard me say anything bad about KW Park. Don't even go there.

If I ever said anything that may have been less than favorable, I may have said that it has done no more than Discovery Green to increase urbanity as a meeting and gathering place for the city.

I've always said that Dallas was very forward thinking to think to connect uptown and downtown via a park over the freeway. Even though in fun, some of us may have ribbed Dallas a little saying that Phoenix thought of it first. This is only because Dallasites act like they invented peanut butter with this deck park idea.

But Dallas, Houston is flattered as well, since Dallas built their park and took notes on the success of Discovery Green as a blueprint.

Your welcome again Dallas
Improper use of the English language tends to invalidate one's assertions. To the point of them being laughable.

How to Use You're and Your (with Usage Chart) - wikiHow

Old 04-23-2015, 09:26 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,272,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by casimpso View Post
Improper use of the English language tends to invalidate one's assertions. To the point of them being laughable.

How to Use You're and Your (with Usage Chart) - wikiHow
Thank you for my free English lesson Professor.

I'm sure that will help Dallas become more and more original in everything it does.

Old 04-24-2015, 01:20 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
Thank you for my free English lesson Professor.

I'm sure that will help Dallas become more and more original in everything it does.
aww stoneclaw...I'm surprised at you.......so how original will Houston be when they get the third deck park?

I only remember millennium park being mentioned as a reference for KWP's design...not discovery green.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas