Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2015, 02:56 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
Oh. Em. Gee. dallas wants to copy Buffalo Bayou!!!
if you disagree then argue with the Dallas Morning News......

...Not paying attention again I see........

It is so clear that this article it's totally complimenting how "FAST" Houston developed the bayou....not about the design....We already have our designs for the TRP.

What Dallas can learn from Buffalo Bayou in Houston
Quote:
If it seems like a bit of nirvana, that’s because it is. Dallasites may rightly wonder how their neighbor to the south has managed to achieve so much, so quickly, while plans in their own city have stagnated.

The explanation begins with accountability.

In Houston, authority has been centralized in a single organization, the Buffalo Bayou Partnership, rather than the morass of private, city, regional, state and federal entities with their hands in the Trinity. It has also stuck to its 2002 master plan, “Buffalo Bayou and Beyond,” a 20-page visionary document produced under the direction of the distinguished urban planner Jane Thompson of Cambridge, Mass.

Old 04-24-2015, 06:46 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,564,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
...Not paying attention again I see........

It is so clear that this article it's totally complimenting how "FAST" Houston developed the bayou....not about the design....We already have our designs for the TRP.

What Dallas can learn from Buffalo Bayou in Houston
Again? Oh boi, always over dramatizing things. So Houston developing buffalo bayou in 13 years is now "fast" and noteworthy enough to make an article about it?

and what TRP designs would those be?

Just so it's clear, we will have our own design for the potential eastern downtown deck park too. So what were you saying...?

Old 04-24-2015, 07:40 PM
BCB

1,005 posts, read 1,784,183 times
Good Lord!

The overuse and incorrect usage of question marks is driving me insane.

Old 04-24-2015, 10:55 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
Quote:
Houston is another one.... they apparently moved having their downtown along the Coast after the Big disastrous Hurricane.... way back. But "HOUSTON TURNED ITS BACK ON ITS COASTLINE.
IT LEFT BEACHES ERODE
IT DID NOT SET ASSIDE ITS SHORELINE, FOR PUBLIC GOOD AND USE
IT COULD HAVE REBUILT AND MAINTAINED BEACHES
SET THE COAST ASSIDE FOR PARKS AND HARBORS TOO
WHERE WAS THE FORESIGHT OF EARLY CITY BUILDERS AND PLANNERS? APPARENTLY NOT TOO MUCH?
HOUSTON COULD HAVE HAD A IMPRESSIVE FRONT YARD LONG ITS CÔAST AND BLEW IT.
I've said something along the lines like this in some threads. I understand why downtown and the center of the city is where it is now. Allen's Landing and all. But I feel it would have been a more picturesque dynamic city where LaPorte is now with Downtown hovering above the bay. Maybe I'm wrong to feel this way.

Old 04-24-2015, 10:56 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,141,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
This will be a much bigger deal for Houston, than I think people realize...Houston will get its first Mastros steakhouse with this project which, from what I understand is a good alternative to Ruths Chris and Trulucks, and it will be nice to have something akin to a more centrally located, upscale City Centre with actual business facilities.

Old 04-24-2015, 11:02 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
This will be a much bigger deal for Houston, than I think people realize...Houston will get its first Mastros steakhouse with this project which, from what I understand is a good alternative to Ruths Chris and Trulucks, and it will be nice to have something akin to a more centrally located, upscale City Centre with actual business facilities.
Looks suburban though. The development. Don't care for the parking lot on the northeast part of the development. Maybe that will infill if this is wildly successful.

Old 04-24-2015, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Looks suburban though. The development. Don't care for the parking lot on the northeast part of the development. Maybe that will infill if this is wildly successful.

It looks suburban?..hmm never thought of it like that, but you could be right..i figured that since it is basically in uptown off Post Oak and 610, it should be pretty accessible for most. But hopefully its not another Palladium type deal where youre driving 30 minutes out into the suburbs for entertainment.

Last edited by soletaire; 04-24-2015 at 11:39 PM..

Old 04-24-2015, 11:32 PM
BCB

1,005 posts, read 1,784,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
[...]Houston will get its first Mastros steakhouse with this project which, from what I understand is a good alternative to Ruths Chris and Trulucks [...]
When it opens, make sure to get the Warm Butter Cake.

I received one as a gift from our hotel, The Peninsula, in Beverly Hills a few weeks ago and am now an addict!

Old 04-24-2015, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCB View Post
When it opens, make sure to get the Warm Butter Cake.

I received one as a gift from our hotel, The Peninsula, in Beverly Hills a few weeks ago and am now an addict!
Mmmm...duly noted...warm butter cake..that will definitely happen

Old 04-25-2015, 01:40 AM

3,231 posts, read 4,564,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
there isn't a single parking lot on the northeast part of the development..? thats the current Landrys HQ building.

as for suburban.. the tower has 240 hotel rooms, 22 residential units, 120,000 sq ft of office space, restaurant space and retail space. the only other new structures on site besides the tower are the new Mastros and Willie Gs restaurants along 610. ill agree the 2 restaurants seem to be layed out more like a highway side chain restaurant (which i guess they are), but the tower is arguably one of the most mixed use developments one could build in what little area he's working with. I'm not sure what more you want..?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas