Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2010, 02:47 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,602,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Looks pretty green to me!

Love how you chose a view that doesn't include downtown & Discovery Green Park which is just to the right of your photo. Kinda makes me wonder if you cropped it out on purpose....
Matt, you pull this **** all the time.

I dont agree with posting pictures of a city's ugly side just to prove a ****ing point which you and Lakewooder both are most certainly guilty of.

There are ugly and pretty parts of both Dallas and Houston. I dont like it when a poster puts up a picture of Highland Park or White Rock Lake vs. some chemical refineries or East Houston any better than when people put up pictures of Herman Park vs. farm land outside or just inside of Dallas. Its deceptive and just proves that you guys are out to prove a point and not to have a discussion on the actual differences.

Old 04-26-2010, 03:22 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,014,003 times
The trees at Houston's Discovery Green Park were also planted by 'developers'. I don't see what's wrong with proving the point that Houston has some flat barren-looking areas since the Houstonians on here are always saying all of Dallas is like that..

Besides, I had a wonderful time in Houston (only venturing outside the Loop once, thank God), had margaritas on the roof of Cafe Adobe and breakfast outside at Empire Cafe - both on Westheimer. Also stayed at a friend's house next to Memorial Park off Wescott south of the cool Washington Street scene.

BUT always glad to return home to PARADISE --- DALLAS!

Old 04-26-2010, 03:28 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,387,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
The trees at Houston's Discovery Green Park were also planted by 'developers'. I don't see what's wrong with proving the point that Houston has some flat barren-looking areas since the Houstonians on here are always saying all of Dallas is like that..

Besides, I had a wonderful time in Houston (only venturing outside the Loop once, thank God), had margaritas on the roof of Cafe Adobe and breakfast outside at Empire Cafe - both on Westheimer. Also stayed at a friend's house next to Memorial Park off Wescott south of the cool Washington Street scene.

I never figured out whats wrong with planted trees either.....I guess its just another stupid rant from Houstonins...A tree is a tree......PERIOD!

Old 04-26-2010, 03:36 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,053,880 times
Quote:
View from my room at Houston Hilton Americas 4/24/2010

Looks like Dallas; they obviously were trying to make you feel comfortable and more homey.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Looks like Dallas; they obviously were trying to make you feel comfortable and more homey.
Houston looks nothing like Dallas....

Old 04-26-2010, 04:16 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,791,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
I wouldn't exactly say nothing....

Old 04-26-2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I wouldn't exactly say nothing....
......I ws being sarcastic.....if i gladly said that they resembled....houstonians would come from the woodworks to prove me wrong....

Old 04-26-2010, 04:23 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,241,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
A lot of people over exaggerate Houston's flatness. It really isn't all that . Pretty interesting to see actually. For example, the new outlet mall in Cypress sits on a hill.
Houston's pretty flat, but i was just in both The Woodlands and Cypress this weekend. I was actually surprised to see a few rolling hills deep in The Woodlands. You just can't get any real views of the city because its covered by tall pine trees. Cypress actually has a few small hills in it too.

Quote:
This is classic amusement. Dallas? Paradise?

Quote:
You're right! Houston's much greener and forested!

Old 04-26-2010, 04:27 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,791,994 times
Quote:
......I ws being sarcastic.....if i gladly said that they resembled....houstonians would come from the woodworks to prove me wrong....
Hard to tell sarcasm here sometimes....

Besides, ya don't need Houstonians to tell ya there are some similarities. Damn near every yankee and west coast resident already puts all Texas cities in the same category.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:32 PM

[quote=C2H

You're right! Houston's much greener and forested![/quote]
.......no.....the woodlands is... not houston
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas