Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2010, 05:53 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,764,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2H (ComingtoHouston) View Post
For one, the Trinity River project that's being talked about is only for aesthetics, nothing else. What does Dallas really need with suspension bridges approaching Downtown? Complete waste of public funds.

Developments like those with gigantic TV screens in an enclosed plazas before building up the neighborhood where no one is around to watch them, pure fakeness! Dallasites keeping up with the Jone's mentality... FAKE. Expensive elite restaurants like Nove and Nine knowing most Dallasites can't afford it, complete fakeness.

While these projects look cool, it still doesn't change the fact that these are afterthought touches to Dallas, thus contributing to fakeness.
The visionaries in Dallas just want Dallas to look like Chicago and New York, too evident of trying way too hard to escape its Texas perception.

I like Dallas and all, its a very romantic city but its still a very plastic city. It's not the urban oasis it tries to pretend to be. I don't care how many urban developments and projects they prop up in the middle of town, a city is made up by its people and the people in Dallas are not ready! That's one thing I can
say Houston does better than Dallas, It may not be the first out of the two to get the newest and trendy developments, but the neighborhoods are grown
with people and better nurtured first, thus making them ready for newer and trendier developments. The developments in the end thus feel like they're apart of the neighborhoods and not some staged prop like in a movie set.
We do need new bridges. Have you seen the traffic during rush hour, it is horrible!

Old 05-05-2010, 06:03 PM

882 posts, read 2,245,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
..You guys are pathetic!!!!....This is all the evidence i need to know that Dallas is doin everyting right.... when the houstonians STOP hating is when we should get worried......Keep up the goodwork Dallas!!
We're not all like that. I understand how every city chooses to progress in different manners, Dallas goes one way and Houston the other, at the end of the day, all we really want is for both cities to be improve.(at least I would hope so)

With that said, I'll always prefer Houston.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:13 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,955,543 times
Quote:
..You guys are pathetic!!!!....This is all the evidence i need to know that Dallas is doin everyting right.... when the houstonians STOP hating is when we should get worried......Keep up the goodwork Dallas!!
Part of what C2H said is true though, especially the Victory Park comment. Dallas leaders were trying to call it the "Times Square of Texas" when it first opened. Now, the only action it gets are when events are held in the AAC.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:45 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,272,017 times
Quote:
I truly wasn't hating. I admit that alot of Dallas's developments are cool and there's alot of things that Dallas does better than Houston (ie building architecture, mass transit, and all around asthetics. But when it comes to the vibe of a natural grown city, Houston takes the cake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Part of what C2H said is true though, especially the Victory Park comment.
What do you mean by "PART" ???

Old 05-05-2010, 06:52 PM

The Trinity project is needed because of congestion. Maybe not as elaborate as what they are building, but it's needed.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:

The Trinity project is needed because of congestion. Maybe not as elaborate as what they are building, but it's needed.
Oh alright. gotcha. I still stand on the elaborate suspension bridges though. Still a little too much. Maybe i am hating on that a little bit!

Old 05-05-2010, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2H (ComingtoHouston) View Post
Oh alright. gotcha. I still stand on the elaborate suspension bridges though. Still a little too much. Maybe i am hating on that a little bit!
Yes, you are always hating on Dallas. It is not a suspension bridges, it is a cable-stayed bridge.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
Yes, you are always hating on Dallas. It is not a suspension bridges, it is a cable-stayed bridge.
Uh...they are definitely suspension bridges...

Old 05-05-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
Its a smack down thread my friend. You call it hating, I call it jonin'.

And lets not act like it doesn't come from both sides. You and all your other Dallasite friends on here do nothing but hate on Houston. Even your officials hate on Houston when an Olympic committee wants to scope it out Houston because Dallas gets eliminated.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Uh...they are definitely suspension bridges...
No they are cable stayed bridges, a suspention bridge has two towers with two massive cables on each end with smaller cables coming down from the massive cables to the road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas