Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2011, 12:34 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,879,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by casimpso View Post
You forgot the number of Chinatowns and the number of trees and how tall they are.
Don't forget the light rail and comparisons about how liberal and gay friendly they are.

Old 09-12-2011, 12:44 PM

328 posts, read 471,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Don't forget the light rail and comparisons about how liberal and gay friendly they are.
We almost forgot diversity, due to the fact that there are more consolates than just about anywhere else.

Old 09-12-2011, 01:20 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,953,051 times
wow, lots of sourgrapes today. you would all be going on about these things if your city was leading in them, but because your city can't reach you call these things sour

Old 09-12-2011, 01:41 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,955,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
wow, lots of sourgrapes today. you would all be going on about these things if your city was leading in them, but because your city can't reach you call these things sour
Truth.

Old 09-12-2011, 04:14 PM

343 posts, read 805,270 times
Well I did see a light rail comparison above and thats definitely not something houston is leading in!
Either way we could make the same sarcastic comments about the many things dfw has the edge in...

Old 09-12-2011, 04:50 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,955,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakold23 View Post
Well I did see a light rail comparison above and thats definitely not something houston is leading in!
Either way we could make the same sarcastic comments about the many things dfw has the edge in...
I was going to get this one started, but decided not to.

Old 09-12-2011, 06:07 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,304,590 times
I don't notice a difference in the density between Houston and Dallas. They seem pretty similar to me. If there is a different it isn't that noticeable of one. The burbs of Dallas seem more packed in to me than the burbs of Houston though.

I think people really grasp at straws to make Dallas and Houston seem more different than they really are.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:56 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
I don't notice a difference in the density between Houston and Dallas. They seem pretty similar to me. If there is a different it isn't that noticeable of one. The burbs of Dallas seem more packed in to me than the burbs of Houston though.

I think people really grasp at straws to make Dallas and Houston seem more different than they really are.
I'll admit that the density among the two isn't that much different. However, Inner Loop Houston is what makes the biggest difference. The energy and centralization of it all is not found in Dallas.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:01 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,304,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
I'll admit that the density among the two isn't that much different. However, Inner Loop Houston is what makes the biggest difference. The energy and centralization of it all is not found in Dallas.

I liked inner loop Houston but you dont think the centralization and energy are in areas of Dallas like Uptown, Knox-Henderson, Oak Lawn, etc.?

I saw many nice densely developed areas in Houston but not on the magnitude of consistency of what you have from downtown Dallas up McKinney Avenue until you reach Highland Park. I think people up-play Houston and down-play Dallas in this respect. No knock on Houston at all but the amount of streetside bars, restaurants and storefronts in inner Dallas block after block plus the historic trolleys riding the rails through the city is nice. I just find all of that more impressive than what I have seen in Houston.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:05 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
I liked inner loop Houston but you dont think the centralization and energy are in areas of Dallas like Uptown, Knox-Henderson, Oak Lawn, etc.?

I saw many nice densely developed areas in Houston but not on the magnitude of consistency of what you from from downtown Dallas up McKinney Avenue until you reach Highland Park. I think people up-play Houston and down-play Dallas in this respect. No knock on Houston at all but the amount of streetside bars, restaurants and storefronts in inner Dallas block after block plus the historic trolleys riding the rails through the city is nice. I just find all of that more impressive than what I have seen in Houston.
It's more than just the cool neighborhoods. It's the major league teams and stadiums, TMC, Museum District,world class parks, Uptown area, major universities and more. The overall feel of the inner core of Dallas is incomplete. I don't get that sense that I'm in the center of everything like I do ITL Houston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas