Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2011, 02:11 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,790,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
The Fair has been a Dallas tradition since 1888. Now the a rodeo is a small town thing.
Exactly. How many people did Dallas have in 1888?? 30K?

Like I said, fairs are small town things.

Rodeos on the other hand are held in some pretty big cities. Houston, San Fran, Orlando, Baltimore, Boston, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Las Vegas are examples of metro areas with Rodeos.

List of rodeos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

now look at the hosts of the State Fairs:
State fair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Those things are mainly a big draw for small towns.

You and Phoenix should be ashamed

Quote:
You make someone hate Houston because of your comments. You're not helping Houston at all, you're making it worse. Please stop................(I'm so serious right now)
why?/ You already hate (mostly jealous of) Houston

Old 09-24-2011, 02:17 PM

6,620 posts, read 9,840,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Exactly. How many people did Dallas have in 1888?? 30K?

Like I said, fairs are small town things.

Rodeos on the other hand are held in some pretty big cities. Houston, San Fran, Orlando, Baltimore, Boston, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Las Vegas are examples of metro areas with Rodeos.

List of rodeos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

now look at the hosts of the State Fairs:
State fair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Those things are mainly a big draw for small towns.

You and Phoenix should be ashamed

why?/ You already hate (mostly jealous of) Houston
It started in 1886. I don't hate Houston. I said you would make someone hate Houston.

Our State Fair is at a beautiful park called Fair Park. Ummmmmmmm the Houston Rodeo is at Reliant Park................ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Old 09-24-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
It started in 1886. I don't hate Houston. I said you would make someone hate Houston.

Our State Fair is at a beautiful park called Fair Park. Ummmmmmmm the Houston Rodeo is at Reliant Park................ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
a fair and a rodeo are two different things, hence the difference in venues.

And you know very well you hate Houston but seriously, what happened to that thread??
I bet it was done in by you guys posting 50 pics of Dallas. Just ike you guys to overdo something.

Old 09-24-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
a far and a rodeo are two different things, hence the difference in venues
Ok!?! Why does it matter? The Rodeo in Fort Worth looks better than the one in Houston. Fort Worth has beautiful historic buildings at the Will Rodgers Memorial Center.

Old 09-24-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Ok!?! Why does it matter? The Rodeo in Fort Worth looks better than the one in Houston. Fort Worth has beautiful historical buildings at the Will Rodgers Memorial Center.
lol, you said you have never been to the Houston Rodeo, how do you know which one looks better. Plus Houston's Rodeo is a two week event with multiple activities.

Old 09-24-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
a fair and a rodeo are two different things, hence the difference in venues.

And you know very well you hate Houston but seriously, what happened to that thread??
I bet it was done in by you guys posting 50 pics of Dallas. Just ike you guys to overdo something.
I'm going to ignore that 2nd part.

(I don't hate Houston. If I did I would proudly say it.)

Old 09-24-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
lol, you said you have never been to the Houston Rodeo, how do you know which one looks better. Plus Houston's Rodeo is a two week event with multiple activities.
It's called pictures and maps. Reliant park isn't pretty. They have a huge stadium, arena, and convention center surrounded by a gigantic parking lot.

Old 09-24-2011, 02:37 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,258,900 times
Quote:
Then there is no difference.

The only difference between the two is Dallas people pay more for tacky pants.

Anyway, what happened to that best lit up skyline thread? Did Those Dallasites kill it by overdoing the pics? I warned yall.
There's absolutely a difference. Largely due to the fact that DFW's a larger trade market. Ever been to the Dallas Market Center? It's also a given that Dallas is generally more keen on the fashion retail industry. So yeah, Dallas has Houston beat in the luxury apparel department, but that's not the only thing.

My experience is that there's simply a larger variety of stores and styles to choose from. Again, YMMV.

Old 09-24-2011, 02:39 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,061,295 times
Quote:
It's called pictures and maps. Reliant park isn't pretty. They have a huge stadium, arena, and convention center surrounded by a gigantic parking lot.
Fair Park is beautiful......

Old 09-24-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
Fair Park is beautiful......
Have you been to Fair Park lately? They are completely restoring the historic art deco buildings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas