Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2011, 11:33 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,199,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by portyhead24 View Post
u mad brah?
Actually I feel great!

Old 10-23-2011, 09:25 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,933,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
I'm guessing you sensed some attitude in my post, but I wasn't trying to be a jerk, I was just confused about what you were saying.

Thou dost protest too much.
There was a touch of tude in your post, but you hav eto admit the one that started it was random.

Quote:
Yes, time after time, Htownlove, you have proven to us that you can do no wrong, and the rest of us just can't seem to get it right.

It's your world and we're just visting.
Its damn time you all recognize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakold23 View Post
woah woah woah dont jump to any conclusions. I eat at chains and enjoy them, and I was quite excited when some, like In and Out burger came to town. However, I agree with Htown that the best meals tend to be at local restaurants or hole in-the-walls and so I just think these should be more sought after and desired
yeah. I think I looked up the stats and Houston has thousands of restaurants.

Couple years ago DFW and HOuston were 1 and 2 for restaurants per capita. There is enough food here to try one new restaurant every couple of days for a lifetime.
New ones pop up all the time while old ones die. OMG I may never det to try them all. What am I going to do???

I should probably just say screw it, and not worry about the ones we have and cry about the ones we dont

I am gonna you guys Nairobi.
I sure do miss a Pret a Manger. Houston would be a zillion time better with a Pret a Manger or a couple of Pret a Porter

Old 10-23-2011, 10:29 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,332,358 times
And of course, no one took offense to my randomness, except you, because, well, you are the "special" one.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:57 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,933,707 times
Quote:
And of course, no one took offense to my randomness, except you, because, well, you are the "special" one.
did not take offense to it, as you can see I responded to some other poster using it as representative of the city as a whole. What I took offense to was your later snappy attitude. You need to show some respect boy

Old 10-23-2011, 02:02 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,291,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
i go to chains, I just don't whine about them when I move. wey weey wey, I miss this and that crappy food.

Give me a break, and adapt.

there are tons of food of all kinds to get fat on in every big city.
Most people can't cook, IMO, so I don't like going to random restaraunts and wasting my money. I don't eat because I'm hungry, I eat because it tastes and smells good.

Old 10-23-2011, 02:23 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,836,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
That's only thing Fort Worth can say. It has became annoying.
It suck Dallas can't do this on its version of the Trinity River

http://streamsandvalleys.files.wordp...7/p1020875.jpg

Main Street Bridge - Trinity River - Fort Worth at sunset - Royalty Free Photos and Pictures

Old 10-23-2011, 04:14 PM

343 posts, read 804,998 times
Alas KDogg has a good point about the Fort Worth waterfront. While it is by no means perfect, the Trinity in Dallas is just so so terrible. I cannot wait till the project gets underway and hopefully alleviates how bad our "river" is

Old 10-23-2011, 07:40 PM

6,693 posts, read 9,939,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Fort Worth is closer to the Headwaters of the Trinity River and Dallas is more heavily developed around the River. You know it's still dangerous to swim in the Trinity River in Fort Worth but people do it anyway. It has very dangerous bacteria in the River. That's why you cannot fish on the Trinity River. Dallas can do the same thing but it's hard to get down there.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:25 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,836,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Fort Worth is closer to the Headwaters of the Trinity River and Dallas is more heavily developed around the River. You know it's still dangerous to swim in the Trinity River in Fort Worth but people do it anyway. It has very dangerous bacteria in the River. That's why you cannot fish on the Trinity River. Dallas can do the same thing but it's hard to get down there.
You are just jealous....Heavily developed around what part of the river?...The river is barely visible in Dallas.....let alone developed....So please come better....

Actually your wrong...Experts say the Trinty in Fort Worth is safe to swim in....

Most experts say the Trinity River is safe for swimming | News | News from Fort Worth, D...

Old 10-23-2011, 09:54 PM

6,693 posts, read 9,939,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
You are just jealous....Heavily developed around what part of the river?...The river is barely visible in Dallas.....let alone developed....So please come better....

Actually your wrong...Experts say the Trinty in Fort Worth is safe to swim in....

Most experts say the Trinity River is safe for swimming | News | News from Fort Worth, D...
Jealous? Seriously! I hate swimming so why would I be jealous.

Dude, it's the same river. Like I said, in Dallas we have massive floodplains and levees that make it hard to access the river. Fort Worth flood control system isn't big as Dallas' and the river is closer to the headwaters. The headwaters has cleaner water and it's not located in a heavily urbanized area. So when the water reaches Dallas it isn't clean at all. Because of urban run off it has all kinds of crap in it.

Let's compare the accessibly of the Trinity River in Dallas to the Trinity River in Fort Worth. The highest point of the levees in Dallas is 61.28 ft and the levees in Fort Worth is 25.9 ft. The levees in Fort Worth is very short making it easier to access the river and it's easier for the river to top the levees. The Trinity River topped the levees in Fort Worth in 1922, 1944, and 1989. In Dallas the levees have never been topped. At least we have a better flood control system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas