Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2012, 03:01 PM

875 posts, read 1,652,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshi View Post
I didn't realize Houston is on an island.
No but we do have bayous.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:03 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,874,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshi View Post
No one in Houston does...
I lol'ed.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:14 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,863,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkispoison View Post
Well what NHL team can you watch in Houston?
Soccer (Football outside the US) is a waaay more popular sport world wide than hockey is. Hockey is a Canadian thing anyways. We are in TEXAS where there is no ice except inside our Gallerias you know.

In Houston you don't have to drive 30+ miles to watch a soccer match. Its all within a stones throw of downtown.

FC Dallas is a dumb name. What does the F stand for anyways FRISCO? lmao

Houston Dynamo sounds way cooler.

Dallas should have kept the Sidekicks. At least it sounded better than FC what ever the hell that stands for.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:15 PM

328 posts, read 468,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
don't be stupid. The area round of Houston had lots more people than the area around Galveston. Houston was surrounded by many little towns at the time, Galveston was surrounded by ...well... water.

Don't believe everything you read on Wikipedia. Houston and its unincorporated area around it was always bigger. When Texas cities started to annex, what do you think they annexed?? scarecrow people?? thats silly dude. silly!!!!!

use your head and analyse stuff you read on wikipedia. THAT is not facts it is OPINION.
Is it possible for you to make a point without name-calling (kid, stupid, etc.)? I'm sitting here laughing, while it appears your knickers are in a twist.

lol

p.s. If you find any of the facts regarding Galveston on wiki to be false, why don't you edit the entry?

Old 03-08-2012, 03:22 PM

1,518 posts, read 3,041,950 times
Quote:
use your head and analyse stuff you read on wikipedia. THAT is not facts it is OPINION.
I don't think you know what an opinion is.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:27 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,522,910 times
Quote:
opps. yeah I meant NHL. NO one watches that ****

and stop being silly. you know no one watches NHL. my posts are pure facts. but you Dallas people have problems with facts. grow up kid
LOL, I know you're trolling. Even you know that NHL is the fourth most popular sport in America, not soccer.

Here's something else for you Houstonians to chew on.

Quote:
As one of the founding investors in Major League Soccer, Lamar Hunt was a visionary and catalyst for the inception, growth and success of MLS. His legacy in soccer in North America lives on in the two professional teams owned and operated by the Hunt family.

Yep. We invented Major League Soccer in the U.S., too. You're welcome.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:31 PM

469 posts, read 882,524 times
Quote:
and stop being silly. you know no one give a **** about houston. my posts are pure bull****. but you Houston people have problems with deciding which are opinions over facts and getting. grow up kid

Old 03-08-2012, 03:43 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,522,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by casimpso View Post
Is it possible for you to make a point without name-calling (kid, stupid, etc.)? I'm sitting here laughing, while it appears your knickers are in a twist.

lol

p.s. If you find any of the facts regarding Galveston on wiki to be false, why don't you edit the entry?

I certainly hold Wikipedia in much higher regard than anything I read on city-data forums.

Wikipedia provides sources. City-data provides revisionist history made up in people's heads.

Old 03-08-2012, 04:02 PM

469 posts, read 882,524 times
Quote:
ha, I am laughing at you taking this stuff seriously. grow up dude. it is just a website. You are too passionate over silly ****.
Have you ever noticed how worked up your little ass gets anytime Houston isn't #1?

Old 03-08-2012, 04:35 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,387,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkispoison View Post
Have you ever noticed how worked up your little ass gets anytime Houston isn't #1?
^^^^^^^^THIS....thats when he result to calling names and being sarcastic about everything....and when he uses profanity he's really upset...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas