Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2012, 09:21 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,953,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
I don't think you quoted the right post...The one i read was different than the one u showed...go look at it....post #206 in the link he provided is the post he is talking about and you know it
no slamming in that one either. I am again saying the ridership per mile is higher.

you guys know what slammin is? slamming is saying nasty things about a city instead of stats. you know cause Dallas people do it everytime we post some stat, you guys make up some fake story about smelling refineries in the galleria, etc. THAT is slamming.

Moderator cut: Stay on topic...

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 03-24-2012 at 01:37 PM..

Old 03-09-2012, 09:35 PM

343 posts, read 805,270 times
uh... I was referring to this:

Post 206, dont act like it doesnt exist
"And Dallas and ATL has nothing to brag about.
Dallas has to absorb a whole other metropolitan area into it to get a few 100K more people than Houston but Houston still spanks Dallas's butt in GDP, personal income, buildings, museums, arts districts, visitors, density, hospitals, universities, Houston is clearly the biggest and best city in the entire south, don't know why people would put Dallas, ATL or Miami on Houston's level."

pretty sure none of that was mentioned when discussing light rail (which I totally agree with you about, DART's numbers suck- although I still prefer our system)

And i'm not "lurking" I was seriously just interested in reading about Houston's developments, because as I have stated many times I love Houston! I was just surprised and a little disheartened when I saw this

Old 03-09-2012, 09:40 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,376,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
at least Houston posters argue with selective, alterted and incomplete Data, you guys just post to our childish drivel.
Fixed.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakold23 View Post
uh... I was referring to this:

Post 206, dont act like it doesnt exist
"And Dallas and ATL has nothing to brag about.
Dallas has to absorb a whole other metropolitan area into it to get a few 100K more people than Houston but Houston still spanks Dallas's butt in GDP, personal income, buildings, museums, arts districts, visitors, density, hospitals, universities, Houston is clearly the biggest and best city in the entire south, don't know why people would put Dallas, ATL or Miami on Houston's level."

pretty sure none of that was mentioned when discussing light rail (which I totally agree with you about, DART's numbers suck- although I still prefer our system)

And i'm not "lurking" I was seriously just interested in reading about Houston's developments, because as I have stated many times I love Houston! I was just surprised and a little disheartened when I saw this
like I said, if you are disheartened at that, you will be getting heart attacks when the real slamming begins.

and YES it was in response to light rail. YOu can see that there is a quoted post attached to that post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
Thanks for sharing, Oildog. Now, Houston won't have to get bashed by Atlantans and "Dallasites???" for having the lowest ridership of the three.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:56 PM

The only reason I was disheartened was because it was just on a random Houston-only thread. You also claimed later (post 299) that Dallas has quote "small dick syndrome"... I really don't think Dallas thinks about houston in every move it makes

In all honestly I dont really care and didn't mean to start anything. It doesn't hurt to admit you are an all out (and a little extreme) homer, however. at least you love your city!

Old 03-09-2012, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakold23 View Post
The only reason I was disheartened was because it was just on a random Houston-only thread. You also claimed later (post 299) that Dallas has quote "small dick syndrome"... I really don't think Dallas thinks about houston in every move it makes

In all honestly I dont really care and didn't mean to start anything. It doesn't hurt to admit you are an all out (and a little extreme) homer, however. at least you love your city!
yeah Dallas posters should not get disheartened in a random Houston thread. And it is not being homer if you post facts.

and seriously, when did this thread turn it "oh you were so mean in the other thread"

seriously???

Old 03-09-2012, 10:34 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times

Downtown Dallas Romantic Night Flight - YouTube
Check out the shot at 1:31...Dallas is a sexy city!!!........Now...Back to all the bickering

Old 03-09-2012, 10:41 PM

Yes I am sorry I started all of this!!

Old 03-09-2012, 10:48 PM

Its gonna be all boring now for a few pages while people post pictures of their skyline and forests

Old 03-09-2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Its gonna be all boring now for a few pages while people post pictures of their skyline and forests
Looks like someone enjoyed the heat.... A true fighter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas